2018 FIVB Volleyball Women's Nations League

• Clever clever play from Italian Setter !

• Oh Boy! :roll: Seriously guys(Turkish fans), your typical and outrageous extrapolations and predictions are freaking annoying!! :wall: I don't want to discuss about your prediction further because I don't wish to get into another drama. We have more than enough this week.

Well if you use a language where you generalize every single user to some kind of group with your basic assumptions, plus if you act like a holigan, it is no surprise that you face weird dramas. I have been in this forum about 5 years, people already know how a volleyball lover I am, not a fanatic. However you recently joined to this forum, surprisingly during a time where the forum is under attack by several trolls and all you did so far is provoking.

Plus, you can't come up with a single volleyball related reason as a counter argument but instead attack individually. I wish you could understand what the problem here is...

• Adenizia's serves amuse me. She's scary looking and then just lollypops the ball over :P

• Excellent match. Congrats to Italy! Sorry to see you go

• congrats to DOM, 3-1 over hosts POL.

it's their only 3rd win, i think, they only beat ARG and THA before. they lost 3-2 to BEL, KOR and JPN, and they could have taken all those 3 matches... too bad.

Wow. Congrats to DOM! Impressive

• Well if you use a language where you generalize every single user to some kind of group with your basic assumptions, plus if you act like a holigan, it is no surprise that you face weird dramas. I have been in this forum about 5 years, people already know how a volleyball lover I am, not a fanatic. However you recently joined to this forum, surprisingly during a time where the forum is under attack by several trolls and all you did so far is provoking.

Plus, you can't come up with a single volleyball related reason as a counter argument but instead attack individually. I wish you could understand what the problem here is...

OK OK I admit I'm a troll. Turkish team will be the champion in this VNL Happy now?? But seriously, sport predictions are based mostly on statistics. You said it yourself that you lost to Brazil and without a point. Do you really think because you have more 5th sets than other teams that you will be the king of the hill? :aww: I'm done with this topic.

• Congrats to the Netherlands!

Germany should have given more time to Orthmann to play on court, like what Italy did for Pietrini. Geerties' attacking has improved. However, she still looks a bit too thin. Stigrot did a good job on OPP position.

On the Netherland side, I would say Lohuis is much better than Koolhaas. Her blocking was solid, and she did a good job on defense. Daalderop's performance was impressing.

• i watched Tur vs Chi match

all the players did well. Ebrar Karakurt started shaky then did better as the match was progressing. she had some nice kills..Hande played a very solid game in the first two sets then a little recession and rising again. Meliha did her job..Zehra Güneş was good at attacking, could have been better at blocking . Beyza Arıcı did well at sliding but she was absent at blocking..i remember she was doing well in the finals of TL..she should be careful of that and do better..all the team was weak at blocking. 4 blocks in 4 sets are so few for a tall team (2 of them belongs to Zehra)..Eda is very important for block but the others should learn to play without her ..Libero Aylin Sarıoğlu did a good job too.

of China, i hope Gong is alright..she was doing well till her injury..China was good at blocking..MB Wang and Gong were blocking well..Li Yingying couldnt make many points but i have to say she plays very smart.she doesnt hit the bal rightl into block when block is good in front,she prefers long spikes on the backline,sharp tips on the sidelines etc instead..China's offence on position 3 was not good..neither Yuan nor Wang made many points on zone 3 however Yuan did well at slide attacks..Zhang Yichan did well too.Chunlei also showed her experience in a short time she played.

• actually DOM beating POL is not that surprising. they have been struggling this year but they are a good team. from the little i saw, it seems kwiek moved eve to MB, but still kept her in backrow for passing, and gonzalez played as OPP, with pena moved to OH.

• Does anybody know if sportdeutschland.tv is going to broadcast the VNL Final6?

• OK OK I admit I'm a troll. Turkish team will be the champion in this VNL Happy now?? But seriously, sport predictions are based mostly on statistics. You said it yourself that you lost to Brazil and without a point. Do you really think because you have more 5th sets than other teams that you will be the king of the hill? :aww: I'm done with this topic.

I did not say Turkish team will be champions. I am just against an unreasonable bashing of a young team which had a successful tournament. I am more than happy to hear everyone's arguments here, about players and what a team is missing or good at, but not just silly simple one sentence comments.

About what you raised secondly, volleyball or life is not all about statistics. If you watched the game between two teams or watched any of the matches Turkish girls played throughout this tournament, you would understand what I meant. Besides, you are right, this is sports and any, yes, any results are possible. Brazil can lose against both Netherlands and China and play 5-6th place too. I don't get this view of "we are the best, we are soo unbeatable", especially now, when Brazil simply relies on Tandara on the wings while OHs are shaky. Now you can be done with this topic :whistle:

• Final Round

Pool A: China, Brazil, and Netherlands
    This match up is the same as last years Grand Prix, where China and Brazil continued to advance to the semifinals.

Pool B: United States, Serbia, Turkey
    United States will face the only two teams that beat them in the preliminary round.

Any predictions? Also, does anyone know when final rosters for these rounds will be announced?

• Zehra Güneş is such a delight to watch. She is full of passion and you can see that she is enjoying volleyball on court.

She is such a talented MB and quite lucky as well. At both club and NT level she plays and trains with world class players at such a young age.
    No wonder she is progressing so well and so fast.

• I did not say Turkish team will be champions. I am just against an unreasonable bashing of a young team which had a successful tournament. I am more than happy to hear everyone's arguments here, about players and what a team is missing or good at, but not just silly simple one sentence comments.

About what you raised secondly, volleyball or life is not all about statistics. If you watched the game between two teams or watched any of the matches Turkish girls played throughout this tournament, you would understand what I meant. Besides, you are right, this is sports and any, yes, any results are possible. Brazil can lose against both Netherlands and China and play 5-6th place too. I don't get this view of "we are the best, we are soo unbeatable", especially now, when Brazil simply relies on Tandara on the wings while OHs are shaky. Now you can be done with this topic :whistle:

LOL OK, if you say so. You're right. Statistically, without Tandara, Brazil would never be able to win their 19 medals in the WGP. But seriously, you're basically recycling the same craps you were using from the 2014 WGP. But this time, instead of Russia, it's Brazil. And instead of Kosheleva, it's Tandara. I know you will try to to have the last word like as usual. For this, I promise you I won't reply you back and I'm really done with this topic. Actually, I shouldn't reply you back. But your comment was too funny and I can't resist.

• I finally got to watch the Brazil v China match and I don't get what happened at the end of the 3rd set. China was up 25-24 and Drussyla spiked one way out of bounds. Brazil Coach challenged for a block touch. They showed the replay, along with the "Official Review" placard that said NO TOUCH. Brazil's Coach just wagged his finger and they gave it to Brazil.

I read back here in the forum and someone said "antenna", and someone said Ding touched the net.

I just re-watched it very carefully and I didn't see the net move or Ding touch the antenna. Not even close. It doesn't matter now, but that was wacky. And it's a shame that something like that, in an International game, just goes by without any explanation of what happened.

Yuan Xinyue is great captain. Hard to believe she's only 21. She's one of my favorite players along with Yan Ni--who looks almost skinny now compared to, like, Rio.

• Technical staff just showed the wrong footage. Chinese players admitted the block touch to avoid any controversy.