You are not logged in.

world volleyball coaches show 2018 header
  • "bumpsetspike" is male

Favourite Players: Zhu Ting, Paola Egonu, Tandara Caixeta, Ivan Zaytsev, Earvin N'Gapeth, Matt Anderson, Bruno Rezende

Friday, June 15th 2018, 11:07am

Final Round

Pool A: China, Brazil, and Netherlands
This match up is the same as last years Grand Prix, where China and Brazil continued to advance to the semifinals.

Pool B: United States, Serbia, Turkey
United States will face the only two teams that beat them in the preliminary round.

Any predictions? Also, does anyone know when final rosters for these rounds will be announced?

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "bumpsetspike" (Jun 15th 2018, 12:04pm)

nix_nech

Beginner

• "nix_nech" is male

About me:

Favourite Team: NT China, NT USA

Favourite Players: Zhang Changning, Zhu Ting

Friday, June 15th 2018, 12:41pm

Zehra Güneş is such a delight to watch. She is full of passion and you can see that she is enjoying volleyball on court.

She is such a talented MB and quite lucky as well. At both club and NT level she plays and trains with world class players at such a young age.
No wonder she is progressing so well and so fast.

Saturday, June 16th 2018, 11:29am

Does anybody know if sportdeutschland.tv is going to broadcast the VNL Final6?
Yes

Saturday, June 16th 2018, 11:51am

Well if you use a language where you generalize every single user to some kind of group with your basic assumptions, plus if you act like a holigan, it is no surprise that you face weird dramas. I have been in this forum about 5 years, people already know how a volleyball lover I am, not a fanatic. However you recently joined to this forum, surprisingly during a time where the forum is under attack by several trolls and all you did so far is provoking.

Plus, you can't come up with a single volleyball related reason as a counter argument but instead attack individually. I wish you could understand what the problem here is...
OK OK I admit I'm a troll. Turkish team will be the champion in this VNL Happy now?? But seriously, sport predictions are based mostly on statistics. You said it yourself that you lost to Brazil and without a point. Do you really think because you have more 5th sets than other teams that you will be the king of the hill? :aww: I'm done with this topic.
I did not say Turkish team will be champions. I am just against an unreasonable bashing of a young team which had a successful tournament. I am more than happy to hear everyone's arguments here, about players and what a team is missing or good at, but not just silly simple one sentence comments.

About what you raised secondly, volleyball or life is not all about statistics. If you watched the game between two teams or watched any of the matches Turkish girls played throughout this tournament, you would understand what I meant. Besides, you are right, this is sports and any, yes, any results are possible. Brazil can lose against both Netherlands and China and play 5-6th place too. I don't get this view of "we are the best, we are soo unbeatable", especially now, when Brazil simply relies on Tandara on the wings while OHs are shaky. Now you can be done with this topic :whistle:
LOL OK, if you say so. You're right. Statistically, without Tandara, Brazil would never be able to win their 19 medals in the WGP. But seriously, you're basically recycling the same craps you were using from the 2014 WGP. But this time, instead of Russia, it's Brazil. And instead of Kosheleva, it's Tandara. I know you will try to to have the last word like as usual. For this, I promise you I won't reply you back and I'm really done with this topic. Actually, I shouldn't reply you back. But your comment was too funny and I can't resist.

Sunday, June 17th 2018, 4:41am

I finally got to watch the Brazil v China match and I don't get what happened at the end of the 3rd set. China was up 25-24 and Drussyla spiked one way out of bounds. Brazil Coach challenged for a block touch. They showed the replay, along with the "Official Review" placard that said NO TOUCH. Brazil's Coach just wagged his finger and they gave it to Brazil.

I read back here in the forum and someone said "antenna", and someone said Ding touched the net.

I just re-watched it very carefully and I didn't see the net move or Ding touch the antenna. Not even close. It doesn't matter now, but that was wacky. And it's a shame that something like that, in an International game, just goes by without any explanation of what happened.

Yuan Xinyue is great captain. Hard to believe she's only 21. She's one of my favorite players along with Yan Ni--who looks almost skinny now compared to, like, Rio.

jetmasters

shoryuken

Favourite Players: reliable, little apple, baby, cosmo, little ant, moon goddess, little sunflower, fragrant, big sister, shopkeeper, military guard, big flower bud, basket, tina, rachel, big liu, west lake min

Sunday, June 17th 2018, 5:24am

I finally got to watch the Brazil v China match and I don't get what happened at the end of the 3rd set. China was up 25-24 and Drussyla spiked one way out of bounds. Brazil Coach challenged for a block touch. They showed the replay, along with the "Official Review" placard that said NO TOUCH. Brazil's Coach just wagged his finger and they gave it to Brazil.

I read back here in the forum and someone said "antenna", and someone said Ding touched the net.

I just re-watched it very carefully and I didn't see the net move or Ding touch the antenna. Not even close. It doesn't matter now, but that was wacky. And it's a shame that something like that, in an International game, just goes by without any explanation of what happened.

Yuan Xinyue is great captain. Hard to believe she's only 21. She's one of my favorite players along with Yan Ni--who looks almost skinny now compared to, like, Rio.
Technical staff just showed the wrong footage. Chinese players admitted the block touch to avoid any controversy.

Sunday, June 17th 2018, 5:48am

Technical staff just showed the wrong footage. Chinese players admitted the block touch to avoid any controversy.

Did they explain that at some later point? Ding Xia did make a guilty kind of face or something, but I'm wondering how you know that.

And then after they start back up Roberta serves and something weird happened so she served again. I'm watching the FIVB full match replay and the commentator seemed in the dark about both events. Oh well. Ancient history now.

jetmasters

shoryuken

Favourite Players: reliable, little apple, baby, cosmo, little ant, moon goddess, little sunflower, fragrant, big sister, shopkeeper, military guard, big flower bud, basket, tina, rachel, big liu, west lake min

Sunday, June 17th 2018, 6:08am

Did they explain that at some later point? Ding Xia did make a guilty kind of face or something, but I'm wondering how you know that.

And then after they start back up Roberta serves and something weird happened so she served again. I'm watching the FIVB full match replay and the commentator seemed in the dark about both events. Oh well. Ancient history now.
I think it was only explained on Chinese broadcast. Replay would have shown a touch so it would be a waste of time going over again. Not a big deal since it was only pool play. Just wait for the rematch.

• "Meatballs" is male

Favourite Team: Galatasaray, Turkish NT Women

Favourite Players: Kim Yeon-koung, Milena Rasic, Isabelle Haak

Sunday, June 17th 2018, 11:19am

Well if you use a language where you generalize every single user to some kind of group with your basic assumptions, plus if you act like a holigan, it is no surprise that you face weird dramas. I have been in this forum about 5 years, people already know how a volleyball lover I am, not a fanatic. However you recently joined to this forum, surprisingly during a time where the forum is under attack by several trolls and all you did so far is provoking.

Plus, you can't come up with a single volleyball related reason as a counter argument but instead attack individually. I wish you could understand what the problem here is...
OK OK I admit I'm a troll. Turkish team will be the champion in this VNL Happy now?? But seriously, sport predictions are based mostly on statistics. You said it yourself that you lost to Brazil and without a point. Do you really think because you have more 5th sets than other teams that you will be the king of the hill? :aww: I'm done with this topic.
I did not say Turkish team will be champions. I am just against an unreasonable bashing of a young team which had a successful tournament. I am more than happy to hear everyone's arguments here, about players and what a team is missing or good at, but not just silly simple one sentence comments.

About what you raised secondly, volleyball or life is not all about statistics. If you watched the game between two teams or watched any of the matches Turkish girls played throughout this tournament, you would understand what I meant. Besides, you are right, this is sports and any, yes, any results are possible. Brazil can lose against both Netherlands and China and play 5-6th place too. I don't get this view of "we are the best, we are soo unbeatable", especially now, when Brazil simply relies on Tandara on the wings while OHs are shaky. Now you can be done with this topic :whistle:
LOL OK, if you say so. You're right. Statistically, without Tandara, Brazil would never be able to win their 19 medals in the WGP. But seriously, you're basically recycling the same craps you were using from the 2014 WGP. But this time, instead of Russia, it's Brazil. And instead of Kosheleva, it's Tandara. I know you will try to to have the last word like as usual. For this, I promise you I won't reply you back and I'm really done with this topic. Actually, I shouldn't reply you back. But your comment was too funny and I can't resist.
Well you said you werent gonna reply this one either but you did, proving your trollness.

Coming back to Tandara, I assume you are 15 years old because you seem to not understand rational arguments or volleyball at all. When Tandara was not there and when Brazil won 19 medals, the team was far too different than today. There were Mari and Paula as OHs who were great back then, then there were Fe Garay and Jacque and Sheilla who were also great back than, much better than what Brazil has today as OHs. In Russia, they had Goncharova and Gamova as a plus to Kosheleva back then, so whoever said Russia was relying on Kosheleva was wrong and I was not clearly one of them.

Now I suggest you go and enjoy your childhood and come back to the forum once you grow up and ready to talk volleyball :wavy:

Yesterday, 9:12am

Can anyone give me a link of Germany match in week5?
I can't find it in sportdeutschland.tv Thanks. :love:

Tamer06

Beginner

Favourite Team: Turkish NT; Vakıfbank;

Favourite Players: Cansu Özbay;Tijana Boskovic;Milena Rasic;Eda Erdem; Zhu Ting; Maret Grothues; De Gennaro

Yesterday, 9:50am

Germany-Turkey:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haPOL04mwzI

Germany-China:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UH0jhAOr-vE

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Tamer06" (Yesterday, 1:53pm)

LLOYD

Professional

Yesterday, 6:16pm

Unfortunately, Russia will not play in F6 and if to be honest I don't have any fave team in F6 but if to be honest during this tournament I find Turkish team is willing to fight more than others and it seems I will root for Turkey in F6. Good luck all teams. Hope final round will be more exciting

inc0gnito

Intermediate

Favourite Team: Russian NT, Serbia NT

Favourite Players: W: Nataliya Goncharova, Irina Fetisova, Tatiana Kosheleva, Evgeniya Startseva, Stefana Veljkovic, Maja Ognejovic, Saori Kimura, Thaisa Menesez M: Maxim Mikhaylov

Today, 12:47am

Has it been confirmed that Jacque will be converted back to OH to replace Drussyla in Final 6? From the few games I saw her in Barueri, I think she is still capable as OH and can still help the team.

saishuu

Master

• "saishuu" is male

Favourite Team: BRA (M/F); Trentino, Minas Tênis Clube

Today, 1:30am

Has it been confirmed that Jacque will be converted back to OH to replace Drussyla in Final 6? From the few games I saw her in Barueri, I think she is still capable as OH and can still help the team.
Yes. She's traveling to Japan right now.
Gold - European Championship 2013 (M) Prediction Game
Bronze - World Championship 2014 (W) Prediction Game