2018 FIVB Volleyball Women's Nations League

• Plus, I expected some kind of 'punishment' for China (as a host country, not China team of course!) for the doping situation. I guess that at least the Italians and the Serbians won't eat even a single bite of meat this years, if they'll happen to play there ;)

• M

Money buys everything...

What do you expect from a world federation like FIVB in the usual money escape country Switzerland, which requests 100.000 Euro for every wildcard participant in World Club Championships for example? It is indeed all about business, nothing else, and straightforward for their view the 12 core teams of this competition are chosen at least primarily for economical reasons.

• Any info on broadcasting?

It says on http://www.volleyball.world/en…the-vnl-all-you?id=73891:
    "• For the first time the FIVB, in partnership with IMG, will bring its broadcast distribution in-house. This allows the FIVB total control of the quality and ensures that the standard of broadcasting will be consistently world class.
    • The Volleyball Nations League will take the sport of volleyball all over the world, allowing more people access to live sport than ever before! The global volleyball family will benefit from this competition, creating new fans throughout the season."

Will there be live streaming on the FIVB youtube channel?

• Will there be live streaming on the FIVB youtube channel?

I imagine it will be the same ... It will be broadcast on their channel only to territories who didn't buy broadcast rights.

• There`s a rumor FIVB will create a pay-per-view. And it is not even certain that any TV broadcast will carry it.

Well, if they've completely lost their minds and are determined to destroy their own product, that does seem like the way to go. But considering that coming up with a format like this in the first place already seems like a step in that direction, it wouldn't really surprise me if it turned out to be true.

• Yeah, I hope this is not true. And who said this was former USA player Kevin Barnet (he calls games for the channel here in the US).

BUT...I checked the schedule and Brazil is hosting the first week and their 3 games are scheduled for 3pm and they usually play at 3pm because this is the only time the GLOBO is able to show it. If the games were not on TV I don`t think they would be playing at 3pm but later at night...

Well, if they've completely lost their minds and are determined to destroy their own product, that does seem like the way to go. But considering that coming up with a format like this in the first place already seems like a step in that direction, it wouldn't really surprise me if it turned out to be true.

• Argentina, Belgium, Dominican Republic and Poland are called "challenger teams"....I don`t know how its gonna work....but... there`s no more second division (as far as I know)....I think FIVB has the right to replace any of these 4 teams anytime they want ( Like next season they could replace Poland with Bulgaria and Argentina with Puerto Rico) .....while the other 12 teams are "safe" for a couple of years and even if they finished last they will still compete.

There`s another tournament called "Challenger Cup" .... Maybe the winner of this tournament will be promoted to the VNL.

sorry but does the rule of relegation exist in this new format ?

• Argentina, Belgium, Dominican Republic and Poland are called "challenger teams"....I don`t know how its gonna work....but... there`s no more second division (as far as I know)....I think FIVB has the right to replace any of these 4 teams anytime they want ( Like next season they could replace Poland with Bulgaria and Argentina with Puerto Rico) .....while the other 12 teams are "safe" for a couple of years and even if they finished last they will still compete.

There`s another tournament called "Challenger Cup" .... Maybe the winner of this tournament will be promoted to the VNL.

i see..thanks..so Turkey's place is safe for a few years with the new weakened lineup ?

• lets not forget our beloved WGP :D

here is a match from WGP 2014: Turkey vs.Usa
    Turkey wins 3-2. The Usa competes with a strong roster.Turkey witout Neslihan and Eda.the setters of the Usa are Glass and Thomson.Turkey's are Asuman and Gamze.
    Kelsey Robinson uses jump serves.
    second set lasted the longest
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncPPPGwStfo

what was crossing my mind watching this match was libero Gizem Karadayı should be back to the NT and i will miss Gözde's single gorgeous blocks :)

• Karadayi received so much hate from this forum in the last couple years that I find it weird that any Turkish member would want her back.
    I personally like Gimze a lot.

• Gizem Karadayi is a really good digger. Her passing could use some work but I think she is definitely among the best Turkish liberos.