2018 FIVB Volleyball Women's Nations League

• Boskovic's swing is "Like a Mule Kick". No kidding

• Monster block by Brankica! :super:

• This is her first game of the season....and last season she only played half of the GP and no ECH. She does not have connection with them yet....and they did not had much time to practice together this season as well.... it will take a little time...

And none of the Serbians plays in the same team... like in Germany Lippman, Brinker and Hanke played this season together...they already have a connection there.

If this is Ana's usual performance then Maja will be painfully missed and I'm not even sure if she's better than Zivkovic at the moment. Her sets are all over the place and she's lucky to have a full set of high quality attackers who make up for it still.

On the other hand, Japan's performance is rather underwhelming. Once upon a time they had the players with probably the best ball control worldwide (e.g. Takeshita, Takahashi, Kimura) and now they play just like every other team, just with shorter players and little athleticism. I still don't get the point of importing a European coach, and not one of the best on top of that.

• A little luck for us, now. ;)

• There you go, sitenoise, you wanted Japanese typical defense! :win:

• There you go, sitenoise, you wanted Japanese typical defense! :win:

If they'd keep that up this would be a little less unbearable. But then when they do get a chance to swing they swing like children. What is wrong with this team today?

And that Ageo libero is not NT material.

• Excellent match by Stevanovic thus far! :drink:

• This is where the absence of Malesevic is most felt: Mihajlovic is not near as well shielded from reception.

• Bravo girls! 2-0 :super:

So far, I'm most worried by Ana's poor connection with Stefana.

• This match is hurting my feelings

• Coach Nakada's non-interest in defense is showing its results. I supported her last year but I will turn on her if this match doesn't turn out to be a fluke.

Inoue has done better than Kurogo.

Tashiro (S) will help the defense a little