2018 FIVB Volleyball Women's Nations League

• Meliha and Şeyma should have done better.We need a OH who can hit hard sets.Eda Erdem :love:

This Italian team is so young and inexperienced.Only Guerra showed good volleyball.Pietrini and Lubian stayed under my expectations but I'm sure they will be better with time.

• At the rate we're going with these surprises, Poland will beat USA

• At the rate we're going with these surprises, Poland will beat USA

I dont think Turkey's victory over Italy is surprise. Turkey have a great coach, their players are hero as usual, they play smart game with great reception, defence and serve. I think Italy have to train more for fighting with them.

• Not that anybody is paying attention but:

Arisa Inoue 12pts on 11 of 22 (in 2 sets played)
    Sarina Koga 11pts on 10 of 27 (in 3 sets played)
    Yuki Ishii 4pts on 4 of 9 (in 3 sets played)

Told ya

(I know it's only one game, and probably the stupidest game I've ever seen Japan play, but ...)

• This is not Italy`s main roster. From their starting lineup they only have Malinov ( resting- Egonu,Chirinchela,C.Boseti. Injured - Folie and C. Bosetti).

Tonight was the debut for a bunch of the Italians like Pietrini, Lubian, Mingard, Degradi, (Cambi??)...and they are like 18-20 years old.

At the rate we're going with these surprises, Poland will beat USA

• I dont think Turkey's victory over Italy is surprise. Turkey have a great coach, their players are hero as usual, they play smart game with great reception, defence and serve. I think Italy have to train more for fighting with them.

I don't know them well enough to have my own opinion. My take on reading people's comments on this board is that Italy is supposed to be one of the top dogs in this show. That's the vibe I got.

• i truly wonder if those block and attack reaches of some Italian players are trustworthy?
    Pietrini : 330 attack reach ? very rare for a "white" woman ???
    Egonu's attack reach seems more reliable considering she is an athletic black woman yet sounds overdone : 344 cm!!

• why so few balls to Ishii who is supposed to be one of the most reliable attackers in the absence of Nagaoka ?

• This is not Italy`s main roster. From their starting lineup they only have Malinov ( resting- Egonu,Chirinchela,C.Boseti. Injured - Folie and C. Bosetti).

Tonight was the debut for a bunch of the Italians like Pietrini, Lubian, Mingard, Degradi, (Cambi??)...and they are like 18-20 years old.

If to be honest, I think it is an excuse Ortolani is not a young player, Olivotto is a player from A1 like Guerra. They have two young players on court Pietrini and Lubian. I think even Egonu's support would not help Italy. They have a lot of weakness like reception, serve, slow react on block, even clubs from Serie A2 could be better in defence than today's Italy NT. I like being honest, there is no need excuse after the game. If you can't win, try to find other ways like training more, watching game, finding weak place of opponents but not going through excuse

• why so few balls to Ishii who is supposed to be one of the most reliable attackers in the absence of Nagaoka ?

Ishii should not have been playing. Mari Horikawa should have been in at OP.

Not that that would have helped their defense.

I just think Japan was jet-lagged or something. I've rarely seen them play that poorly.

• If to be honest, I think it is an excuse Ortolani is not a young player, Olivotto is a player from A1 like Guerra. They have two young players on court Pietrini and Lubian. I think even Egonu's support would not help Italy. They have a lot of weakness like reception, serve, slow react on block, even clubs from Serie A2 could be better in defence than today's Italy NT. I like being honest, there is no need excuse after the game. If you can't win, try to find other ways like training more, watching game, finding weak place of opponents but not going through excuse

it think its early to jump into conclusions bcz this was just first match of first day.

• Ishii should not have been playing. Mari Horikawa should have been in at OP.

Not that that would have helped their defense.

I just think Japan was jet-lagged or something. I've rarely seen them play that poorly.

Serbia surpassed Russia recently.

If we are using correlation. Japan should be an easy prey for Serbia because Japan usually can't beat Russia and Serbia have fearsome servers that Russia does not have. Japan's reception will suffer when you think about that and they have Boskovic too.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Poland couldt play the last points of first set well and lost it..Polish setter's sets to Smarzek were bad and also she couldnt kill any of them.Wolosz should have beeen playing

do you have the sportklub link for the match? That site is such a cesspool of popups and crap

oh wait sorry, I think I need the german one

• Poland couldt play the last points of first set well and lost it..Polish setter's sets to Smarzek were bad and also she couldnt kill any of them.Wolosz should have beeen playing

Wolosz is taking a break from the NT. She won’t play this year.

• lol