2018 FIVB Volleyball Women's Nations League

• Nice start for Serbia to win in straight sets without much drama. Japan did have unusually sloppy defence, but then again, half the time they had an extra player as Veljković seemed slightly drunk. I don't know what was up with that.

:rolll: :rolll:

Nailed it! :thumbsup:

• Taking a deep breathe. :rolll:

Carli Lloyd took so deep a breath she forgot how to set to anyone other than OHs. ;)

• How dis the USA manage to lose a set against Poland?

USA coaches did minor adjustments. No famous double substitution. Foluke not playing at her best especially on attack in front of the setter. A bit lazy not even engaging as an effective decoy. Some very bad passing moments as well. I wouldn't lose sleep on a set loss like that. USA still played as expected. I think they just have to do better scoring during long rallies. They are messy when it comes to that. It's still expected for a team that just got back from club leagues.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• The first set win of South Korea against Dom Rep is questionable.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• USA coaches did minor adjustments. No famous double substitution. Foluke not playing at her best especially on attack in front of the setter. A bit lazy not even engaging as an effective decoy. Some very bad passing moments as well. I wouldn't lose sleep on a set loss like that. USA still played as expected. I think they just have to do better scoring during long rallies. They are messy when it comes to that. It's still expected for a team that just got back from club leagues.

who knows maybe after this year,the coach of the Usa could adapt MB Inky Ajanaku to the NT depending on how she does in Sultanlar Ligi.

• The first set win of South Korea against Dom Rep is questionable.

On second look, I think Korea won the set fairly.

#FreeBritney

• Three MBs of the winner of 2013 U18 WCH, Yuan Xin-yue, Wang Yuan-yuan and Hu Ming-yuan, are all better than Gao Yi now.

My favourite roster of Chinese (in 2022)
    male NT:
    S - Yu Yao-chen, Chen Lei-yang
    OP - Jiang Chuan, Dai Qing-yao
    OH - Zhang Jing-yin, Yu Yuan-tai, Liu Li-bin, Fu Hou-wen
    MB - Zhang Zhe-jia, Peng Shi-kun, Li Yong-zhen, Jiang Zhen-yang
    L - Yang Yi-ming, Yang Tian-yuan

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu
    OP - Gong Xiang-yu, Sun Xiao-xuan
    OH - Li Ying-ying, Wang Yi-fan, Wu Meng-jie, Zhuang Yu-shan
    MB - Yuan Xin-yue, Wang Yuan-yuan, Zheng Yi-xin, Liu Yu
    L - Ni Fei-fan, Xu Jia-nan

• How dis the USA manage to lose a set against Poland?

Actually Poland had few setpoints in the first so it was close to losing points as well. Poland played much better than most teams in this VNL Day 1. And USA had almost 50% in attack and still had troubles.

• Yingying Li does a quite good job during her first debut on international stage. Easy win for China NT! Another superstar is rising!!! Second Zhuting is coming!!! :teach: :box:

lets see how she does againt really good teams :teach: ..if China can adapt her to the NT well then Chinese NT shifts up offensively !

• Yingying Li does a quite good job during her first debut on international stage. Easy win for China NT! Another superstar is rising!!! Second Zhuting is coming!!! :teach: :box:

I know Yingying is a bit of an outlier in terms of awesome, but the maturity level of China's 18-20 year olds is remarkable. I mean, Sarina Koga is going to be 23 in a couple days and she still gets a break as a youngster with potential. That's ridiculous.

• lets see how she does againt really good teams :teach: ..if China can adapt her to the NT well then Chinese NT shifts up offensively !

Yes, I agree. Zhuting will still have a rest during the second week. So. Yingying Li will face Serbia and boscovic by herself. I do not think China can win serbia without Zhuting. Let us see how many points can she get! :box:

• who knows maybe after this year,the coach of the Usa could adapt MB Inky Ajanaku to the NT depending on how she does in Sultanlar Ligi.

I'm more interested with Alhassan. I wonder what club she'll go to after NCAA.

#FreeBritney

• Yes, I agree. Zhuting will still have a rest during the second week. So. Yingying Li will face Serbia and boscovic by herself. I do not think China can win serbia without Zhuting. Let us see how many points can she get! :box:

first real test for Yingying :box: i hope i can watch that match

• i truly dont know much about those American MBs..no idea which one is brilliant so you could be right!

Alhassan has an insane vertical like her chest is above the net. :white:

I have no idea why Kiraly hadn't call her for this VNL. She was dominant in NCAA. Maybe she does not fit right into the system...yet.

#FreeBritney