2018 FIVB Volleyball Women's Nations League

• I'm more interested with Alhassan. I wonder what club she'll go to after NCAA.

Alhassan, Inky, and Washington failed to make it to the VNL wide roster. As for the reason, we don't know why. For sure these girls have more potential than the others. They will see action in PanAm. Hopefully, someone will pick up Alhassan for a club team.

• Pankov probably needs to be mindful of his changes. Voronkova's passing is not any worse than Kutyukova's. I think Biryukova is his most useful substitution because the attack is not far off from Voronkova and she's very hardworking in defense despite irregularities in passing as well.

P.S. Russian liberos are worse than the OHs. :white:

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Too bad Thailand couldn't take it to 5, they wasted a few chances in the end.

I know it's way too early to tell, but from the first impressions it looks like Japan has dropped to being only #4 in Asia. Korea and Thailand look a lot better than Japan right now.

I know it's way too early to tell, but from the first impressions it looks like Japan has dropped to being only #4 in Asia. Korea and Thailand look a lot better than Japan right now.

Well, the real situation is China>Japan>korea=Thailand. How do you think korea is still strong? The korea NT is really really really weak now. This is already korea's best roster. I think you will get the answer after the final ranking of this tournament. :teach:

In this olympic cycle, the european volleyball improves so so quickly. Asia teams can not fight against european teams any more except China. The level of usa and brazil also drop a lot. :teach:

Korea is falling. They played very bad in games against Belgium and Dom. Japan for sure is still better than Korea.

Thailand's time is coming. I predicted they do better than Japan and Korea in this tournament.

• Thailand is not that strong, even compared to Japan and Korea. Their passing and service are pretty bad, they did well today only because Russia sucks at passing as well. I don't know how they train, but considering their heights, they should be good at passing, but in reality, they're not...

• Not had the chance to see that much yet (why is it on weekdays?) but Japan's performance VS Serbia was about as bad as I've ever seen Japan. It's just one game so not much to go on of course, but I hope they can improve.

• Thailand is still inconsistent,setter driven(which frankly can go very wrong or very right) and they played against a russian team without most of their best players.

Japan took on Serbia's practically strongest team. I don't see how this changes the rankings of asian teams. We need more matches to confirm your theory.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Japan took on Serbia's practically strongest team. I don't see how this changes the rankings of asian teams. We need more matches to confirm your theory.

He did say it's too early to tell and that's obviously true. I think all 3 teams are probably at a pretty similar level, I was just shocked at how poorly Japan played because they are usually still a tough match for Serbia but their defence was pathetic by their standards yesterday. Not seen Korea yet, but losing 3-0 to Belgium doesn't sound too good.

• Looked like a couple Brazil calls there to get things started

• Because men will play on weekends (Friday-Sunday).

Ah that makes sense. That's a shame though because it makes it much more difficult to watch live than the WGP was, they didn't need to run the men's and women's competition at the same time if they were worried about competing with each other.

• btw..i cant find the highlights of Turkey vs.Italy match

arent Sport Klub channels broadcasting today's matches ?

Yes, they will. The matches in Turkey's group will be broadcasted on SK 2

• He did say it's too early to tell and that's obviously true. I think all 3 teams are probably at a pretty similar level, I was just shocked at how poorly Japan played because they are usually still a tough match for Serbia but their defence was pathetic by their standards yesterday. Not seen Korea yet, but losing 3-0 to Belgium doesn't sound too good.

That's a good point as well, but what I saw of them vs DOM looked decent. However that was just the 4th set that they dominated and the 5th that they turned around. Japan is definitely less dependent on one player as is Korea, but I don't like Japan playing so very non-Asian these days, Korea and Thailand are much more fun to watch for me now.