You are not logged in.

world volleyball coaches show 2018 header

Dear visitor, welcome to Inside VolleyCountry. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Mapuan

I want you!

• "Mapuan" is male

Favourite Team: USA NT

Favourite Players: Hooker, Lloyd, Anderson, Jaeschke, Sander, Bartmann, Tonitui, Holt, Christensen, Kubiak

Wednesday, May 16th 2018, 4:14pm

How dis the USA manage to lose a set against Poland?

USA coaches did minor adjustments. No famous double substitution. Foluke not playing at her best especially on attack in front of the setter. A bit lazy not even engaging as an effective decoy. Some very bad passing moments as well. I wouldn't lose sleep on a set loss like that. USA still played as expected. I think they just have to do better scoring during long rallies. They are messy when it comes to that. It's still expected for a team that just got back from club leagues.

who knows maybe after this year,the coach of the Usa could adapt MB Inky Ajanaku to the NT depending on how she does in Sultanlar Ligi.

I'm more interested with Alhassan. I wonder what club she'll go to after NCAA.
Alhassan, Inky, and Washington failed to make it to the VNL wide roster. As for the reason, we don't know why. For sure these girls have more potential than the others. They will see action in PanAm. Hopefully, someone will pick up Alhassan for a club team.

About me: Favorite teams: M: USA, Serbia, Italy,Russia, Perugia, PGE Skra, Taubate W: Brazil, Japan, Serbia, wherever club Queen Sheilla is at...

"Be careful how you treat people. What you do to others has a funny way of coming back on you..."

Wednesday, May 16th 2018, 5:42pm

Pankov probably needs to be mindful of his changes. Voronkova's passing is not any worse than Kutyukova's. I think Biryukova is his most useful substitution because the attack is not far off from Voronkova and she's very hardworking in defense despite irregularities in passing as well.

P.S. Russian liberos are worse than the OHs. :white:
Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

Matthias

Setter & Coach

• "Matthias" is male

Wednesday, May 16th 2018, 6:02pm

Too bad Thailand couldn't take it to 5, they wasted a few chances in the end.

I know it's way too early to tell, but from the first impressions it looks like Japan has dropped to being only #4 in Asia. Korea and Thailand look a lot better than Japan right now.

• "warolkojtyla" is male

Favourite Players: Ognjenović, Werblińska, De Genarro, Castillo, Ramirez, Zagumny, Grebennikov, N'Gapeth, Toniutti, U. Kovacević

Wednesday, May 16th 2018, 6:05pm

How dis the USA manage to lose a set against Poland?
Poland played a very good game

Wednesday, May 16th 2018, 6:18pm

Yingying Li does a quite good job during her first debut on international stage. Easy win for China NT! Another superstar is rising!!! Second Zhuting is coming!!! :teach: :box:

lets see how she does againt really good teams :teach: ..if China can adapt her to the NT well then Chinese NT shifts up offensively !
I don't think she will be as good as Zhu. Li is shorter and not as powerful as Zhu. Playing against Serbia will be her real test. Let's wait and see.

Wednesday, May 16th 2018, 6:21pm

I know it's way too early to tell, but from the first impressions it looks like Japan has dropped to being only #4 in Asia. Korea and Thailand look a lot better than Japan right now.
Well, the real situation is China>Japan>korea=Thailand. How do you think korea is still strong? The korea NT is really really really weak now. This is already korea's best roster. I think you will get the answer after the final ranking of this tournament. :teach:

In this olympic cycle, the european volleyball improves so so quickly. Asia teams can not fight against european teams any more except China. The level of usa and brazil also drop a lot. :teach:

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "leo2017" (May 16th 2018, 6:28pm)

Wednesday, May 16th 2018, 6:27pm

Korea is falling. They played very bad in games against Belgium and Dom. Japan for sure is still better than Korea.

Wednesday, May 16th 2018, 6:28pm

Thailand's time is coming. I predicted they do better than Japan and Korea in this tournament.

Wednesday, May 16th 2018, 6:37pm

Thailand is not that strong, even compared to Japan and Korea. Their passing and service are pretty bad, they did well today only because Russia sucks at passing as well. I don't know how they train, but considering their heights, they should be good at passing, but in reality, they're not...

Sisko95

Professional

• "Sisko95" is male

Favourite Players: Ognjenovic, Brakocevic, Blagojevic, Boskovic, Skowronska, Werblinska, Eda, Dani Lins, Fabiana, Gamze, Neslihan, Babeshina, Sawicka, Tomkom, Castillo, Kim, Sloetjes

Wednesday, May 16th 2018, 6:41pm

Not had the chance to see that much yet (why is it on weekdays?) but Japan's performance VS Serbia was about as bad as I've ever seen Japan. It's just one game so not much to go on of course, but I hope they can improve.

About me: Favorite teams: M: USA, Serbia, Italy,Russia, Perugia, PGE Skra, Taubate W: Brazil, Japan, Serbia, wherever club Queen Sheilla is at...

"Be careful how you treat people. What you do to others has a funny way of coming back on you..."

Wednesday, May 16th 2018, 6:46pm

Thailand is still inconsistent,setter driven(which frankly can go very wrong or very right) and they played against a russian team without most of their best players.

Japan took on Serbia's practically strongest team. I don't see how this changes the rankings of asian teams. We need more matches to confirm your theory.
Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

Sisko95

Professional

• "Sisko95" is male

Favourite Players: Ognjenovic, Brakocevic, Blagojevic, Boskovic, Skowronska, Werblinska, Eda, Dani Lins, Fabiana, Gamze, Neslihan, Babeshina, Sawicka, Tomkom, Castillo, Kim, Sloetjes

Wednesday, May 16th 2018, 6:51pm

Japan took on Serbia's practically strongest team. I don't see how this changes the rankings of asian teams. We need more matches to confirm your theory.
He did say it's too early to tell and that's obviously true. I think all 3 teams are probably at a pretty similar level, I was just shocked at how poorly Japan played because they are usually still a tough match for Serbia but their defence was pathetic by their standards yesterday. Not seen Korea yet, but losing 3-0 to Belgium doesn't sound too good.

Wednesday, May 16th 2018, 7:51pm

Looking at these highlights to me it looks like Poland played faster than the USA :rolll:

JoanaBG

Professional

• "JoanaBG" is female
  • "JoanaBG" started this thread

Wednesday, May 16th 2018, 7:54pm

Not had the chance to see that much yet (why is it on weekdays?)

Because men will play on weekends (Friday-Sunday).

Wednesday, May 16th 2018, 8:11pm

Looked like a couple Brazil calls there to get things started

Wednesday, May 16th 2018, 8:11pm

btw..i cant find the highlights of Turkey vs.Italy match

arent Sport Klub channels broadcasting today's matches ?
meso mi ra se beno...

Sisko95

Professional

• "Sisko95" is male

Wednesday, May 16th 2018, 8:12pm

Not had the chance to see that much yet (why is it on weekdays?)

Because men will play on weekends (Friday-Sunday).
Ah that makes sense. That's a shame though because it makes it much more difficult to watch live than the WGP was, they didn't need to run the men's and women's competition at the same time if they were worried about competing with each other.

Mimek

Intermediate

• "Mimek" is male

Favourite Team: NTs: POL(F/M) USA(F) ITA(F), Impel Wrocław, Unendo Yammamay Busto Arsizio, Vakifbank Istanbul

Favourite Players: Skowrońska, Wołosz, Havelkova, Tomsia. Ognjenovic, Sloetjes, Jaqueline, Hooker, de Kruijf, Egonu, Gennari

Wednesday, May 16th 2018, 8:14pm

Link to match, please?

Janko

Intermediate

• "Janko" is male

Favourite Team: Serbia NT (F/M), Netherlands NT (F), Dominican Republic NT (F), Turkey NT (F), Eczacıbaşı, VakifBank

Favourite Players: Tijana Boskovic, Stefana Veljkovic, Jovana Brakocevic, Maja Ognjenovic, Milena Rasic, Katarina Lazovic, Kim Yeon-koung, Robin de Kruijf, Celeste Plak, Hande Baladin, Kübra Akman , Zehra Güneş, Cristina Chirichella, Brenda Castillo, Brayelin Martínez, Irina Fetisova

Wednesday, May 16th 2018, 8:16pm

btw..i cant find the highlights of Turkey vs.Italy match

arent Sport Klub channels broadcasting today's matches ?
Yes, they will. The matches in Turkey's group will be broadcasted on SK 2

Matthias

Setter & Coach

• "Matthias" is male

Wednesday, May 16th 2018, 8:17pm

He did say it's too early to tell and that's obviously true. I think all 3 teams are probably at a pretty similar level, I was just shocked at how poorly Japan played because they are usually still a tough match for Serbia but their defence was pathetic by their standards yesterday. Not seen Korea yet, but losing 3-0 to Belgium doesn't sound too good.
That's a good point as well, but what I saw of them vs DOM looked decent. However that was just the 4th set that they dominated and the 5th that they turned around. Japan is definitely less dependent on one player as is Korea, but I don't like Japan playing so very non-Asian these days, Korea and Thailand are much more fun to watch for me now.