2018 FIVB Volleyball Women's Nations League

• Gizem Karadayi is a really good digger. Her passing could use some work but I think she is definitely among the best Turkish liberos.

Her reception is really shaky to play in top level but agree about her digging skills. I think she could be very useful in a 2-libero system but I don't know why Guidetti uses only one libero. Gizem Örge is the best receiver libero we have but she is not a spectacular digger :whistle:

• If FIVB handles the responsibility of broadcasting as well as they do their web site we're in for a disappointing tournament watching experience. :down:

• Her reception is really shaky to play in top level but agree about her digging skills. I think she could be very useful in a 2-libero system but I don't know why Guidetti uses only one libero. Gizem Örge is the best receiver libero we have but she is not a spectacular digger :whistle:

I agree on Serdar about Karadayi. I think she is the best Turkish libero when it comes to digging. New comers like Gizem Örge and Simge are nowhere close to her defensive skills. That's one of the reasons Guidetti has been furious at Gizem Örge this season and replaced her several times with a rookie.

But I don't agree that Gizem Örge is such a good receiver either. Turkish users used to criticise her a lot and call her style "playing for statistics". When you look at stats, you will see that she has very few receiving errors and very high receiving %. However she consciously avoids receiving difficult serves to reduce number of errors. I don't know how many times we watched Gizem Örge watching a long serve dying between 8-9 meters and not even attempting to receive.

In fact this is a common problem in most female liberos, they often have troubles receiving long serves since they rely so much on bagher receiving but never using their fingers.

• a common problem in most female liberos, they often have troubles receiving long serves since they rely so much on bagher receiving but never using their fingers.

This isn't just a problem in liberos. I've written about it more than once with regards to receiving OH/OPs. "Serve to them chest high if you want to ace them".

• This isn't just a problem in liberos. I've written about it more than once with regards to receiving OH/OPs. "Serve to them chest high if you want to ace them".

I agree but I think OHs time to time receive balls with fingers, I see Natalia doing that, same with Gözde Kirdar and such. Surprisingly I don't remember a finger receive from a libero recently. I might be biased while watching matches though :win:

• Belgium announced their team for WGP. No Leys (retired from NT) and Van Hecke (one year break) but also Heyrman and Aelbrecht are not there. Did Rousseaux retired from NT too? I didnt remember when she played last time. Seems that Belgium will be one of the contenders to be relegated.

• Belgium main roster with Van Hecke, Heryrman, Aelbrecht, Kaja, Leys is not a bad team.... but without these players they are too weak... They should not even be competing...FIVB should have picked another team over them in none of the main players wants to compete.

• Does anyone have any further information about FIVB Volleyball Challenger Cup other than this article?
    FIVB Executive Committee embraces digital transformation

I only heard that AVC Qualification will held in Kazakhstan on 5/18-20.
    Four teams participate: Kazakhstan(Host), Chinese Taipei, Australia, Philippines.
    But couldn't find anything on the internet. :white:

The meeting was an opportunity for the Executive Committee to agree on the format of the inaugural FIVB Volleyball Challenger Cup, a competition for both men and women which will run in concurrence with the VNL. The Challenger Cup will consist of teams not participating in the current edition of the Volleyball Nations League and will feature one host team and five teams from the five continental confederations as follows:

The Continental Confederations, responsible for determining the teams that will qualify for the FIVB Challenger Cup, are free to organise their Continental Qualification Tournament or use an existing competition to define the qualified team(s).

The FIVB Challenger Cup will be held before the FIVB Volleyball Nations League Finals and the winner will earn the right to participate in the FIVB Promotion Playoff, competing against the fourth ranked challenger team at the end of the round robin phase of the VNL. The winner of that playoff will automatically qualify for the 2019 FIVB VNL.

• Kim Yeon-Koung will not be travelling with the South Korea NT when they go to Apeldoorn (Netherlands) in week 3 and Santa Fe (Argentina) in week 5. Kim will be rested and will only play in Ningbo (China), Suwon (South Korea), and Nakhon Ratchasima (Thailand).

I think there is a possibility that other senior players in the Korean NT will also be rested when they travel to Netherlands and Argentina.

• id like to watch this turnament specially wondering how some new players' debut will be...ie. YingYing,Pietrini,Karakurt etc ..will this tournament be Serbian Lazovic's debut on senior level or she has already made her debut with the NT?

also wonder about Şenoğlu,Kurogo,Herbots,Orthmann,Lazerenko etc.

what about yours ?

• She has been on the wider lists for the last 2 years, but has never actually made the final call. This year, she is again a part of the preparation, and she is almost certain to debut at this competition. I have big hopes for her, and she plays the position we need the most! :kiss:

• Does anyone know for certain whether matches will be streamed on Youtube, as was the case with WGP?

• slightly disappointed with the roster. Team USA has got great potentials but they do need some fresh blood too. I am sure there are young talents. Why doesn't Karch take this opportunity to take in some new players and let them gain some experiences? that's what Serbia, China and Italy are doing!