You are not logged in.

world volleyball coaches show 2018 header

Dear visitor, welcome to Inside VolleyCountry. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Thursday, May 17th 2018, 3:39pm

Quoted from "Lou"

OMG. Tbh I think Zhu Ting’s presence covers some problems of the Chinese NT, like they rely less on reception bcz Zhu Ting can kill the ball anyway. But when Zhu is not on court, the importance of reception increases sharply. Otherwise, they can’t run the middle and their Wing spikers can’t handle the bad sets. Just like today’s performance.
However win/lose is not much cared by the Chinese NT and coaches imo. You know, China is the host of finals. They qualify anyway. Jenny Lang Ping always want to give her players some challenges and see how they deal with the pressure in some relatively unimportant games, obviously this match is one of those. Winning of course is great, but loss might not be bad. I just love the dare-to-lose attitude from Jenny.
Well,there is another interesting thing. Vakifbank also has the same problem as China NT!
Exactly! This is the so-called zhuting’s side effect. :lol: :lol:

Janko

Intermediate

• "Janko" is male

Favourite Team: Serbia NT (F/M), Netherlands NT (F), Dominican Republic NT (F), Turkey NT (F), Eczacıbaşı, VakifBank

Favourite Players: Tijana Boskovic, Stefana Veljkovic, Jovana Brakocevic, Maja Ognjenovic, Milena Rasic, Katarina Lazovic, Kim Yeon-koung, Robin de Kruijf, Celeste Plak, Hande Baladin, Kübra Akman , Zehra Güneş, Cristina Chirichella, Brenda Castillo, Brayelin Martínez, Irina Fetisova

Thursday, May 17th 2018, 3:40pm

Just watched the replay of Serbia-Germany (didn't get to yesterday).

A harder match than the score indicates, and not so because of Germany's good play, but Serbia's bad play at times. Especially the second half of 2nd set and the first half of 3rd were bad, reception in particular. It must be much tighter in the future.

But there are good things, of course. Excellent performance, again, by Brankica and Jovana. Very good match, especially at the beginning, by Mina Popovic. But I must say I'm pissed that Boskovic has once again abandoned the jump-serve! :mad:

I don't care if it's a safer option. Higher risk, higher reward. And Tijana Boskovic without her bomb-serve is a lesser player.

Also, Mirkovic seems to have a good connection with the middles, which is great.

Janko

Intermediate

• "Janko" is male

Favourite Team: Serbia NT (F/M), Netherlands NT (F), Dominican Republic NT (F), Turkey NT (F), Eczacıbaşı, VakifBank

Favourite Players: Tijana Boskovic, Stefana Veljkovic, Jovana Brakocevic, Maja Ognjenovic, Milena Rasic, Katarina Lazovic, Kim Yeon-koung, Robin de Kruijf, Celeste Plak, Hande Baladin, Kübra Akman , Zehra Güneş, Cristina Chirichella, Brenda Castillo, Brayelin Martínez, Irina Fetisova

Thursday, May 17th 2018, 3:42pm

I'm about to watch the replay of Turkey-USA, but just want to say in advance, congrats girls! :obey:

Two wins in two matches, a great start by them. :drink:

akiyaLai

Volleyball Lover TW

• "akiyaLai" is female

Thursday, May 17th 2018, 3:42pm

I guess sportdeutschland.tv's stuff doesn't work today. TUR-USA match still not up on their site yet :cursing:

here?
http://sportdeutschland.tv/vnl/re-live-n…pe-3-vs-tuerkei
***** My Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/lifeisvolley *****

Janko

Intermediate

• "Janko" is male

Thursday, May 17th 2018, 3:43pm

German team shouldnt respect this Serbian team too much.they arent the best lineup of Serbia and not doing anything special except Mihajlovic who isnt having much resistance in front of her attacking.Germany should first receive better and speed it up then serve well most of the time

:P
Germany should try to score more points than Serbia and try to prevent Serbia from scoring more points than them. It's a full-proof strategy!
Too bad this site does not have a rep system, but kudos to you! :rolll: ;)

Thursday, May 17th 2018, 3:45pm

Well done Korea. Spikers Lee Jae-Young and Kim Yeong-Koung get well deserved attention but I'd like to focus on a setter Lee Hyo-Hee. Her presence and experience is indispensable for Korean NT. I'm glad that she's back with the team.

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "Moebius" (May 17th 2018, 4:13pm)

Janko

Intermediate

• "Janko" is male

Thursday, May 17th 2018, 3:50pm

Btw, no need to read anything into the result of today's loss to Korea, even with this overwhelming score. Besides the fact that with or without Zhu Ting makes all the difference in the world, probably after the first set loss, Chinese players and staff just went with the flow. No need to sweat over one loss in the first round, especially to a team which doesn't have much chance to qualify to the final round. ;)

Thursday, May 17th 2018, 3:53pm

I guess sportdeutschland.tv's stuff doesn't work today. TUR-USA match still not up on their site yet :cursing:

here?
http://sportdeutschland.tv/vnl/re-live-n…pe-3-vs-tuerkei

Thank you! Why didn't I see it? :aww:

akiyaLai

Volleyball Lover TW

• "akiyaLai" is female

Thursday, May 17th 2018, 4:10pm

use potplayer/vlc to open it
Pool 1 - RUS vs. NED .m3u8 - 9 KB

Thursday, May 17th 2018, 4:13pm

I still don`t like the fact that the middles are being used more. Stevanovic - Popovic - Veljekovic - were all scoring a lot this season. Then they come to the NT and they play like cheerleaders. And they should be using these easy games to work on that...but I guess it will always be Mihajlovic-Boskovic only... and the whole world knows where the ball is always going.

I like Mirkovic...she did a nice job with Chemick and especially Veljekovic. She fits the NT because she`s tall and good at the net and when the pass is not good she`s always there to make something happen. Serbia could not handle a shorter setter for example. Russia is struggling lately having shorter setters...
Just watched the replay of Serbia-Germany (didn't get to yesterday).

A harder match than the score indicates, and not so because of Germany's good play, but Serbia's bad play at times. Especially the second half of 2nd set and the first half of 3rd were bad, reception in particular. It must be much tighter in the future.

But there are good things, of course. Excellent performance, again, by Brankica and Jovana. Very good match, especially at the beginning, by Mina Popovic. But I must say I'm pissed that Boskovic has once again abandoned the jump-serve! :mad:

I don't care if it's a safer option. Higher risk, higher reward. And Tijana Boskovic without her bomb-serve is a lesser player.

Also, Mirkovic seems to have a good connection with the middles, which is great.

Sisko95

Professional

• "Sisko95" is male

Favourite Players: Ognjenovic, Brakocevic, Blagojevic, Boskovic, Skowronska, Werblinska, Eda, Dani Lins, Fabiana, Gamze, Neslihan, Babeshina, Sawicka, Tomkom, Castillo, Kim, Sloetjes

Thursday, May 17th 2018, 4:17pm

Take a deep breathe: bad things are gonna happen!

#ByeKarch
:lol: :lol: :lol:

akiyaLai

Volleyball Lover TW

• "akiyaLai" is female

Thursday, May 17th 2018, 4:19pm

pw: 20180517

Thursday, May 17th 2018, 4:20pm

Why do you always compare Li-yingying with Zhu? Zhu is a special spiker, Li-yingying doesn't have to be like her.Li-yingying is another promising talent, she doesn't have to be new Zhu.It's not good to put pressure on her.
Sorry for my bad English ^^

• "JordanLarson" is male

Favourite Team: Eczacıbası Vitra

Favourite Players: Neslihan Demir, Bahar Toksoy Guidetti, Jordan Larson, Earvin Ngapeth, Maja Ognjenovic, Bruno Rezende, Natalia Obmachaeva

Thursday, May 17th 2018, 4:28pm

pw: 20180517
thanks so much :rose:

Sisko95

Professional

• "Sisko95" is male

Favourite Players: Ognjenovic, Brakocevic, Blagojevic, Boskovic, Skowronska, Werblinska, Eda, Dani Lins, Fabiana, Gamze, Neslihan, Babeshina, Sawicka, Tomkom, Castillo, Kim, Sloetjes

Thursday, May 17th 2018, 4:30pm

I still don`t like the fact that the middles are being used more. Stevanovic - Popovic - Veljekovic - were all scoring a lot this season. Then they come to the NT and they play like cheerleaders. And they should be using these easy games to work on that...but I guess it will always be Mihajlovic-Boskovic only... and the whole world knows where the ball is always going.

I like Mirkovic...she did a nice job with Chemick and especially Veljekovic. She fits the NT because she`s tall and good at the net and when the pass is not good she`s always there to make something happen. Serbia could not handle a shorter setter for example. Russia is struggling lately having shorter setters...
I get what you are saying about the MBs but I don't think that's ever going to change as long as Boskovic and Mihajlovic are there. Rasic will maybe get more balls when she is in the team though as she often has in the past.

I agree about Mirkovic and think she is probably not worse than Zivkovic.

About USA, I think Glass was a huge loss for them. Lloyd is a good setter but the whole system just suits Glass really well and I'm not sure if Lloyd can pull it off. We will see if she improves when she gets more opportunities. Meanwhile, Turkey was very impressive. I don't like Guidetti but he has clearly got this team playing 'his' way which is a really good thing. Zehra could be one of the very best MBs in the near future. :super:

Thursday, May 17th 2018, 4:44pm

Ana and Zinkovic are both 30...while Mirkovic is only 22. Of course one of the will be starting until 2020, but it would make more sense to have Mirkovic ( or even Randenkovic) as the main backup. After 2020 Mirkovic would be more experienced and ready to take it over.....better to have this option over having 2 setters retiring at the same time.

But I don`t think Terzic has the balls to cut Zinkovic.

By the way..does Zinkovic has kids?? I follow her on instagram and I think she has a daughter? or is that someone`s kid?

I agree about Zehra...but she can not spend another season on the bench....if she plays a full season she certainly has everything to be one of the best. ( I still like Kubra too).

Thursday, May 17th 2018, 4:47pm

About China...I LOVE VNL (a.k.a GP)...but we all know Lang Ping can care less for VNL....I will not be surprised if even in the finals we don`t see the best of China.... we will only see their best at the WCH......

JoanaBG

Professional

• "JoanaBG" is female
  • "JoanaBG" started this thread

Thursday, May 17th 2018, 4:47pm

By the way..does Zinkovic has kids?? I follow her on instagram and I think she has a daughter? or is that someone`s kid?

I think that's her niece.

saishuu

Master

• "saishuu" is male

Favourite Team: BRA (M/F); Trentino, Minas Tênis Clube

Thursday, May 17th 2018, 4:51pm

Aw man, I love Koolhaas. She always seem super happy on court. And she's been playing well too!
Gold - European Championship 2013 (M) Prediction Game
Bronze - World Championship 2014 (W) Prediction Game

LLOYD

Professional

• "LLOYD" is female

Thursday, May 17th 2018, 4:57pm

I don't understand why Pankov didn't say anything to Voronkova :evil: Voronkova always try to kill balls with power but Pankov had to explain her, you can put the ball in the empty place of court with simple touch 8| there are three players try to block her and she doesnt play with brain and always hitting ball is not a solution