2018 FIVB Volleyball Women's Nations League

• Just watched the replay of Serbia-Germany (didn't get to yesterday).

A harder match than the score indicates, and not so because of Germany's good play, but Serbia's bad play at times. Especially the second half of 2nd set and the first half of 3rd were bad, reception in particular. It must be much tighter in the future.

But there are good things, of course. Excellent performance, again, by Brankica and Jovana. Very good match, especially at the beginning, by Mina Popovic. But I must say I'm pissed that Boskovic has once again abandoned the jump-serve! :mad:

I don't care if it's a safer option. Higher risk, higher reward. And Tijana Boskovic without her bomb-serve is a lesser player.

Also, Mirkovic seems to have a good connection with the middles, which is great.

• I'm about to watch the replay of Turkey-USA, but just want to say in advance, congrats girls! :obey:

Two wins in two matches, a great start by them. :drink:

• :P
    Germany should try to score more points than Serbia and try to prevent Serbia from scoring more points than them. It's a full-proof strategy!

Too bad this site does not have a rep system, but kudos to you! :rolll: ;)

• Well done Korea. Spikers Lee Jae-Young and Kim Yeong-Koung get well deserved attention but I'd like to focus on a setter Lee Hyo-Hee. Her presence and experience is indispensable for Korean NT. I'm glad that she's back with the team.

• Btw, no need to read anything into the result of today's loss to Korea, even with this overwhelming score. Besides the fact that with or without Zhu Ting makes all the difference in the world, probably after the first set loss, Chinese players and staff just went with the flow. No need to sweat over one loss in the first round, especially to a team which doesn't have much chance to qualify to the final round. ;)

• I still don`t like the fact that the middles are being used more. Stevanovic - Popovic - Veljekovic - were all scoring a lot this season. Then they come to the NT and they play like cheerleaders. And they should be using these easy games to work on that...but I guess it will always be Mihajlovic-Boskovic only... and the whole world knows where the ball is always going.

I like Mirkovic...she did a nice job with Chemick and especially Veljekovic. She fits the NT because she`s tall and good at the net and when the pass is not good she`s always there to make something happen. Serbia could not handle a shorter setter for example. Russia is struggling lately having shorter setters...

• Why do you always compare Li-yingying with Zhu? Zhu is a special spiker, Li-yingying doesn't have to be like her.Li-yingying is another promising talent, she doesn't have to be new Zhu.It's not good to put pressure on her.

• I still don`t like the fact that the middles are being used more. Stevanovic - Popovic - Veljekovic - were all scoring a lot this season. Then they come to the NT and they play like cheerleaders. And they should be using these easy games to work on that...but I guess it will always be Mihajlovic-Boskovic only... and the whole world knows where the ball is always going.

I like Mirkovic...she did a nice job with Chemick and especially Veljekovic. She fits the NT because she`s tall and good at the net and when the pass is not good she`s always there to make something happen. Serbia could not handle a shorter setter for example. Russia is struggling lately having shorter setters...

I get what you are saying about the MBs but I don't think that's ever going to change as long as Boskovic and Mihajlovic are there. Rasic will maybe get more balls when she is in the team though as she often has in the past.

I agree about Mirkovic and think she is probably not worse than Zivkovic.

About USA, I think Glass was a huge loss for them. Lloyd is a good setter but the whole system just suits Glass really well and I'm not sure if Lloyd can pull it off. We will see if she improves when she gets more opportunities. Meanwhile, Turkey was very impressive. I don't like Guidetti but he has clearly got this team playing 'his' way which is a really good thing. Zehra could be one of the very best MBs in the near future. :super:

• Ana and Zinkovic are both 30...while Mirkovic is only 22. Of course one of the will be starting until 2020, but it would make more sense to have Mirkovic ( or even Randenkovic) as the main backup. After 2020 Mirkovic would be more experienced and ready to take it over.....better to have this option over having 2 setters retiring at the same time.

But I don`t think Terzic has the balls to cut Zinkovic.

By the way..does Zinkovic has kids?? I follow her on instagram and I think she has a daughter? or is that someone`s kid?

I agree about Zehra...but she can not spend another season on the bench....if she plays a full season she certainly has everything to be one of the best. ( I still like Kubra too).

• I don't understand why Pankov didn't say anything to Voronkova :evil: Voronkova always try to kill balls with power but Pankov had to explain her, you can put the ball in the empty place of court with simple touch 8| there are three players try to block her and she doesnt play with brain and always hitting ball is not a solution

• Efimova should really need to improve her blocking arm positioning. She's not reading the balls or the spikers.

Romanova should take a few more risks when the rallies get more intense. A little more to the right and some pipe won't hurt.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney