You are not logged in.

world volleyball coaches show 2018 header

Dear visitor, welcome to Inside VolleyCountry. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "bumpsetspike" is male

Favourite Players: Zhu Ting, Paola Egonu, Ivan Zaytsev, Earvin N'Gapeth, Matt Anderson, Bruno Rezende

Thursday, May 17th 2018, 5:58pm

Lang Ping did state before this competition that it'll be a test for their new players, their will be some challenges and losses to overcome. Korea's coach was very verbal while Lang Ping sat quietly examining her players self adjustment. Korea played their best match today while China did not, which is still a surprise, but I'm sure Lang Ping doesn't stress over it that much. She's very patient with her players and knows that mistakes aren't something you learn from overnight. Great job to Korea, onto the next week of matches!

Sisko95

Professional

• "Sisko95" is male

Favourite Players: Ognjenovic, Brakocevic, Blagojevic, Boskovic, Skowronska, Werblinska, Eda, Dani Lins, Fabiana, Gamze, Neslihan, Babeshina, Sawicka, Tomkom, Castillo, Kim, Sloetjes

Thursday, May 17th 2018, 6:00pm

I would set to 4 as well. That's the money shot.

Trusting Malykh all the time can be a double edged blade and Efimova is too slow as a slider and Fetisova is not exactly that person.

I just feel Romanova should've given Malykh or the pipe attackers some crucial balls but she's technically correct going to 4 all the time.

I still think Russia's blocking with Efimova killed them. She was giving too big of a space for Netherlands to bring down the ball to their floor. That's not exactly a good habit for a middle blocker.
It's fine if 4 is her usual set, but Malykh was basically reduced to a spectator for the last half of the 3rd set except of course when she was at 4. Sure, the MBs aren't the greatest attackers in the world but a little more variety is all I'm asking for.

About me: Favorite teams: M: USA, Serbia, Italy,Russia, Perugia, PGE Skra, Taubate W: Brazil, Japan, Serbia, wherever club Queen Sheilla is at...

"Be careful how you treat people. What you do to others has a funny way of coming back on you..."

Thursday, May 17th 2018, 6:09pm

I would set to 4 as well. That's the money shot.

Trusting Malykh all the time can be a double edged blade and Efimova is too slow as a slider and Fetisova is not exactly that person.

I just feel Romanova should've given Malykh or the pipe attackers some crucial balls but she's technically correct going to 4 all the time.

I still think Russia's blocking with Efimova killed them. She was giving too big of a space for Netherlands to bring down the ball to their floor. That's not exactly a good habit for a middle blocker.
It's fine if 4 is her usual set, but Malykh was basically reduced to a spectator for the last half of the 3rd set except of course when she was at 4. Sure, the MBs aren't the greatest attackers in the world but a little more variety is all I'm asking for.

I agree but I still think the point of all of this is having Parubets and Voronkova with more confidence for the more important matches now that Kosheleva is out for this year. They really needed to have ball-killers at 4 which is probably the mission of Pankov for the VNL. Endless opposite setting will probably come back when Goncharova returns anyway. :rolll:
Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

inc0gnito

Intermediate

Favourite Team: Russian NT, Serbia NT

Favourite Players: W: Nataliya Goncharova, Irina Fetisova, Tatiana Kosheleva, Evgeniya Startseva, Stefana Veljkovic, Maja Ognejovic, Saori Kimura, Thaisa Menesez M: Maxim Mikhaylov

Thursday, May 17th 2018, 7:44pm

I agree but I still think the point of all of this is having Parubets and Voronkova with more confidence for the more important matches now that Kosheleva is out for this year. They really needed to have ball-killers at 4 which is probably the mission of Pankov for the VNL. Endless opposite setting will probably come back when Goncharova returns anyway.
I hope that Startseva and Goncahrova can have a good connection as they haven't really played with each other, and as talented as Vorokova is, she's young and makes silly mistakes and Parubets' game is a big question mark especially among the big blocking teams due to her size (or lack thereof).

Is Romanova supposed to be the heir to Pankova? She doesn't particularly like to set the middles from the few games I've seen from her :down:

Thursday, May 17th 2018, 8:00pm

btw..what happened to Korean team. seems they showed no mercy for Chinese team !
this also shows some teams are great but their second or mixed teams may not be that great :whistle:

btw Poland's beating this Italy isnt a big event..as someone here said this is the third team of Italy :wavy:
most of the users dont expect much from Polish female team bcz they underwent a big drop after Glinka's era had ended .now they have started to tidy themselves up increasingly.They havent had very good MBs for a long time but now they have Kakolewsa who has been developing/turning into a better MB season by season .They havent been able to develope as a dominant player as Glinka after she had retired.Malwina Smarzek is a promising OPP. she may be the Opp Polish team has been missing.They have a very solid setter Wolosz.i think if this bunch of Polish players go playing abroad and keep developing then we can see a much better Polish team and who knows they can return to their glorious days they had once in Europe
meso mi ra se beno...

This post has been edited 3 times, last edit by "Canter" (May 17th 2018, 8:20pm)

Thursday, May 17th 2018, 8:29pm

Tandara attacked with 105,7 km/h..i think she is the strongest player amongts all the players..or Tijana maybe Zhu ?
meso mi ra se beno...

Thursday, May 17th 2018, 8:34pm

I don't think Zhu is that powerful. Probably only Mihajlovic can hit that hard.

BTW, I like Blagojevic's game, she's much better than Malesevic, they should get rid of her ASAP.

Thursday, May 17th 2018, 8:36pm

Tandara wasted the point
meso mi ra se beno...

Thursday, May 17th 2018, 8:40pm

BTW, I like Blagojevic's game, she's much better than Malesevic, they should get rid of her ASAP.

i saw 95 km/h from Mihajlovic but couldnt remembera spike over 100 km/h from her. i think Tijana Boşkoviç had served with 101 km/h in Rio..so the closest name to Tandara could be Tijana.
meso mi ra se beno...

Thursday, May 17th 2018, 8:41pm

Who said Amanda is not National Team Material????????????????????????????????? :wavy:

Serbia has no answer for her...she`s hitting so smart.

Thankfully Tandara spiked that one out....

Mina Popovic is playing well...

Sisko95

Professional

• "Sisko95" is male

Favourite Players: Ognjenovic, Brakocevic, Blagojevic, Boskovic, Skowronska, Werblinska, Eda, Dani Lins, Fabiana, Gamze, Neslihan, Babeshina, Sawicka, Tomkom, Castillo, Kim, Sloetjes

Thursday, May 17th 2018, 8:50pm

i saw 95 km/h from Mihajlovic but couldnt remembera spike over 100 km/h from her. i think Tijana Boşkoviç had served with 101 km/h in Rio..so the closest name to Tandara could be Tijana.
Mihajlovic had a 101 km/h serve in Rio as well I think.

Thursday, May 17th 2018, 8:51pm

Roberto should step up.her current game reminds me of Gamze's games in third place match against Fener and the ones in CL f4
meso mi ra se beno...

Thursday, May 17th 2018, 8:53pm

Mihajlovic had a 101 km/h serve in Rio as well I think.

are you sure ? could you be confusing her with Tijana?
meso mi ra se beno...

Sisko95

Professional

• "Sisko95" is male

Thursday, May 17th 2018, 8:56pm

I'm pretty sure they both did but I'm not 100% certain.

Thursday, May 17th 2018, 8:59pm

It's noon here. The streams from the German site stream almost flawlessly at this time of day. I haven't had a single hiccup during this BRA v SER game. As the afternoon rolls on things become choppy and die often.

I wonder if that's a function of my local ISP or the German servers.

beri

Professional

• "beri" is female

Favourite Team: Fenerbahce, Bursa BBSK, Seramiksan, Turkish NT & Serbian NT & Italian NT

Favourite Players: KIM YK & EDA ERDEM & MIREYA LUIS

Thursday, May 17th 2018, 9:00pm

I honestly don't see the hype with Roberta except she is tall and has a great feel for the ball ofc great player still but lets say she is not in my top 5 lol :P

Thursday, May 17th 2018, 9:03pm

I honestly don't see the hype with Roberta except she is tall and has a great feel for the ball ofc great player still but lets say she is not in my top 5 lol :P

Roberta seems to have a pretty good ability to make a good set from a not so good pass. I give her that. But she tends to stand there and admire her passes before the play is over.

Thursday, May 17th 2018, 9:04pm

i want to see Carol on the court please :rose:
meso mi ra se beno...

Thursday, May 17th 2018, 9:06pm

I'm pretty sure they both did but I'm not 100% certain.

anyway..i wouldnt like to have a row with any of these strong women :D
meso mi ra se beno...

Thursday, May 17th 2018, 9:08pm

crucial net touch by Serbian girls : 24-21

its 1-1 now..nice match so far!
meso mi ra se beno...