You are not logged in.

world volleyball coaches show 2018 header

Saturday, May 19th 2018, 12:01pm

NCAA is full of talented opposites. The real problem is their breathing waiting for good things to happen.

About the libero, this is the result of giving up on Hugglund, when she never had real chances both with club and NT. Wong-Orantes is good IMHO, but she has to improve very quickly.
:lol: :rolll: :rolll:

Saturday, May 19th 2018, 9:36pm

this is an example of what a stupid font this is. at 2:14:04, what number is it????? so ugly and stupid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SZW7SfPVZw

this was sort of a boring match. it was good in the first 2 sets or so when SRB played with titulars, but then it was all bench for them... amanda had a good day.

Saturday, May 19th 2018, 9:43pm

2:18:48

i don't believe the technology can really determine by milimeters if the ball touched the line or not... that's ball in, to my mind...

Saturday, May 19th 2018, 9:52pm

That ball was in...it was a beautiful tip by Busa...and u could tell it was in by Amanda`s reaction... Because it was so close the computer guy was able to fix it by placing the ball out...and you could see by the shadow the ball was 100% in....

i don't believe the technology can really determine by milimeters if the ball touched the line or not... that's ball in, to my mind...

Matthias

Setter & Coach

• "Matthias" is male

Saturday, May 19th 2018, 9:54pm

That ball was in...it was a beautiful tip by Busa...and u could tell it was in by Amanda`s reaction... Because it was so close the computer guy was able to fix it by placing the ball out...and you could see by the shadow the ball was 100% in....
Yeah right. He surely did that because he doesn't appreciate Busa's greatness.

:aww: :aww: :aww:

Saturday, May 19th 2018, 10:00pm

i hope that Serbian channels keeps broadcasting, seems a pay tv will broadcast the second week matches in VNL in Turkey :cursing:
meso mi ra se beno...

Sisko95

Professional

• "Sisko95" is male

Favourite Players: Ognjenovic, Brakocevic, Blagojevic, Boskovic, Skowronska, Werblinska, Eda, Dani Lins, Fabiana, Gamze, Neslihan, Babeshina, Sawicka, Tomkom, Castillo, Kim, Sloetjes

Saturday, May 19th 2018, 10:29pm

If they are going to use the technology then they have to actually use it. There would be no point in using it only to abandon it for the really close calls so I think we've got to trust it unless it is shown to be unreliable. In which case it just shouldn't be used at all IMO.

Spyro

Trainee

Favourite Team: Italy NT

Favourite Players: Sokolova,Zhu,Kim,Gioli,Del Core

Sunday, May 20th 2018, 2:25am

Sunday, May 20th 2018, 3:20am

ITA x TUR

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nznrFfp6Mlo

wow. mazzanti's challenges are sooooo bad... he's looking ridiculous.

guerra seems to be playing well.

Sunday, May 20th 2018, 3:29am

sisko, i'm not saying the technology is unreliable. i think it's very useful for those close calls in which the human eye cannot make a sure call, even with slow-motion video replay. i'm just wondering whether it's really that accurate within milimeters...

Sisko95

Professional

• "Sisko95" is male

Favourite Players: Ognjenovic, Brakocevic, Blagojevic, Boskovic, Skowronska, Werblinska, Eda, Dani Lins, Fabiana, Gamze, Neslihan, Babeshina, Sawicka, Tomkom, Castillo, Kim, Sloetjes

Sunday, May 20th 2018, 4:36am

sisko, i'm not saying the technology is unreliable. i think it's very useful for those close calls in which the human eye cannot make a sure call, even with slow-motion video replay. i'm just wondering whether it's really that accurate within milimeters...
I get that and it’s a valid concern. But I guess it is the best we can do for those very close calls. I’m sure it has been tested and made as accurate as possible. I mean they have been using similar technology in tennis for many years now and there are more tiny millimetre margins in that sport.

Sunday, May 20th 2018, 4:47am

USA x ITA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apOWSSyRaww

freaknesss.... sylla still can't pass to save her life...

OTOH, she made some great digs in the back court...

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "ossubtus" (May 20th 2018, 5:21am)

Sunday, May 20th 2018, 4:57am

ha. foluke's hair. never seen her so glamorous...

Sunday, May 20th 2018, 5:21am

gee, how did the refs miss this double touch????? at 43:30...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apOWSSyRaww

JoanaBG

Professional

• "JoanaBG" is female
  • "JoanaBG" started this thread

Sunday, May 20th 2018, 1:35pm

Jovana Stevanović was a guest commentator on Sport Klub during the Serie A finals and she said that sometimes block touches aren't visible on video check - that is, the players can feel the ball has touched their fingers, but the contact is so light that it's not visible on camera replay. She admitted it's happened to her.

So the techonology is obviously not perfect and 100% reliable, but still it's much better than the way it used to be, and will be probably improve more in time.

• "volleyball22" is male

Favourite Team: Poland

Favourite Players: Tandara, Aleksandra Krzos, Katarzyna Skorupa, Łukasz Żygadło, Srecko Lisinac

Sunday, May 20th 2018, 1:46pm

Does anyone have a link for the POLAND x TURKEY match?

Matthias

Setter & Coach

• "Matthias" is male

Sunday, May 20th 2018, 2:12pm

German team for week 2:

S: Denise Hanke, Denise Imoudu
OPP: Louisa Lippmann, Kimberly Drewniok
OH: Jennifer Geerties, Maren Fromm, Jana Franziska Poll, Lena Stigrot, Ivana Vanjak
MB: Marie Schölzel, Lisa Gründing, Barbara Wezorke
L: Lenka Dürr, Anna Pogany

flyingdutchman

Inside-Volley.com Expert

• "flyingdutchman" is male

Favourite Team: Dutch NT, LiB Aachen

Favourite Players: Buijs, Beliën, Plak, Bongaerts, Daalderop, Polder, Sloetjes, Boskovic, Zhu Ting, Wolosz, Akman, Eda, Kim, Ognjenovic, Mihajlovic, Naz, Castillo, Herbots

Sunday, May 20th 2018, 2:53pm

Dutch roster for week 2 (Japan);

Setters: Dijkema, Bongaerts

Opp: Plak, Sloetjes

OHs: Daalderop, Buijs, Balkestein, Jasper

MBs: Beliën, Polder, Lohuis, Koolhuis

L: Knip, Schoot.

Sidney

Master

Favourite Team: Brazil NT, USA NT, Ned NT, Rexona, Minas, Fenerbahce, Pomi, Bergamo

Favourite Players: Mihajlovic, Natália, Stevanovic, Piccinini, Ferretti, Larson, Gozde, Fabi, Lloyd.

Sunday, May 20th 2018, 4:15pm

So Plak has been officialy moved to OPP? I miss Pietersen