2018 FIVB Volleyball Women's Nations League

• It is obvious a training tournament. I think lanping will call her back during WCH! It is a good time for the bench players to learn.

I belive zhuting will come back in VNL-HK. Yuanxinyue will come back in the final. Zhangchangning and Zengchunlei will come back at WCH. :lol:

This is not a comment of mine. :what:

• I can`t believe Serbia lost one set for Serbia.

Mirkovic did a nice job and is good that she`s showing she that she can play...does anyone knows if Zivkovic will be back?? I hope not... cuz I prefer Mirkovic. And both Ana and ZInkvovic are 29....while Mirkovic is only 22...

Boskovic is not looking sharp...she looks tired and heavy, same for Mihajlovic.

Belgium is really surprising everyone... same for Poland, if they were playing with Woloz I think they would be in contention for the Final 6. Italy is such a mess....

• Congrats to Brazil.They deserved it.they are a good and more experienced team.
    Turkey's main problem was offence.Meryem Boz had a poor game.She wasnt good against Poland either but i cant be angry with her bcz Meryem was the player who had by far the most swings during the regular season : 948 balls in total excluding the playout round.(the second player was Rhkhliuk : 875 balls.) she was getting over 70 balls in a match sometimes.So i think Meryem must be feeling exhausted currently.She is 30 not young.Guidetti should give her some rest.i dont know how realistic to expect her to improve her defence.she was really slow.her approach is pretty slow.

Tandara and Drussyla played a good match.Turkey should serve better tomorrow.DR is physically a good team. i dont know why but all the teams in VNL look good to my eyes ,even Argentina.Everybody is fighting.

• Rewatching a few highlights from the TUR-BRA match and it reminded me of how much potential Drussyla has. Coming from a local, low-level team to the Brazilian champions, working on the bench, winning the starter spot in the toughest play-offs series that Brazil's seen in ages and then finally playing a full year as starter and doing her job wonderfully in the NT, albeit with a few ups and downs commom to her age, all at 20/21. Sure Europe's been producing a lot of great up-and-coming stars and we've all sang praises about them here, but Drussyla is also one coming from Brazil. If everything works out well, she's gonna be huge.

• I don't like Ortolani performance. She is not even 50% of her from club performance... from 43 spikes She scored only 10 points. I know that She is his wife but come one give someone else a chance...

Ebrar was missing a lot for Turkey and When she was their what had she showed ? She is talented girl but not even near Egonu, Haak and Boskovic at the same age, but yeah Turkey doesn't have so many good OPPs so She should be their to improve and to get experinces.

all these girsl are older than her.she is 2000-born.if Ebrar plays 2 years in the league for sure she will be a better player than she currently is

• let me learn about your favorite match tomorrow ?

mine :
    Ned - Usa > who wins ? i consider usa slightly fav.

also :
    Ita- Ger Germany is the fav.
    Kor - Rus >who wins ? could be a close match.
    Jap - Bel >who wins ? Belgium may not be used Japanese defence..Japan slightly fav.

• NED-USA is indeed the best on paper, but the other three you mentioned also might be fun. I'm particularly curious about KOR-RUS.

• I did not post it here but the thing I liked last week so much is how he trusted his players a lot and made it clear he tried to build a strong, solid team. Except first 2 sets, Turkey did not play that bad tbh even after winning a set with a certain line-up he completely changed it, that will essentially break the momentum easily esp. with big hitting team like Brasilia. I just thought some of his changes were very random at times, and sometimes he changed a player with momentum. Would you disagree? I don't think that was smart.

This only shows that Guidetti cares about evaluating new players more than winning a game in VNL, which is totally the right strategy. Most of these players never had a chance to play in international level. I am indeed happy that he gave the chance to the players like Fulden Ural.

By the way, the reason why Ebrar was not playing in Ankara is that she was playing in with Vakıfbank's junior team in National Championship finals and they just became champion today. That's why Ebrar will be back next week for sure (I doubt that she will join tomorrow)

• Canter I said at their same age. Haak make her debute with 18yeara old, same with Egonu and Boskovic and you can't even compare Ebrar with this 3.

But if you ask me Melisa Vargas was the biggest talent that vollebal world have ever seen When She scored over 30points against Eczacibasi when She was only 16years old, the year when they won CL.

But still she is big talent but not huge one.

• Brazil could play better if they keep Macris instead of Roberta. Roberta always forget to pass her MBs. She forced Tandara to attack more than needed. If she will insist on passing Tandara more and next games will be much harder for Brazil. I like Drussyla, she played well in attack although Eda forced her to make more wrongs on reception, she was good on my mind. I think Ze made a mistake to replace Ade with Carol. It was not Ade's fault, Roberta didn't play with her indeed.

• Canter I said at their same age. Haak make her debute with 18yeara old, same with Egonu and Boskovic and you can't even compare Ebrar with this 3.

But if you ask me Melisa Vargas was the biggest talent that vollebal world have ever seen When She scored over 30points against Eczacibasi when She was only 16years old, the year when they won CL.

But still she is big talent but not huge one.

i think lets wait and see about Ebrar and Melissa ..lets not rush in deducing..neither to overrate nor underrate..i dont know what Ebrar will do in the upcoming season but Melissa could make some serious progress playing in Fener and working with Terziç (i dont know if he is really famous for developing young players)

• I just started watching SRB vs THA right now... ( I don`t know the result)...Mihajlovic-Boskovic started ...I will laugh so hard if they play all 3 sets...(I`m assuming it ended in 3 because it is only 1h 30m).

and Rasic is playing as well... OMG....there`s no need to have Rasic-Boskovic-MIhajlovic against Thailand.... just let Mina Popovic, Busa and Milenkovic play...just give me the same line they played against Brazil after the 2nd set.

well, brankica didn't play the entire match.

if they played the entire match with the 3 you mention above, THA would have wiped the floor with them. THA is not to be underestimated and they only lost because they couldn't stop boskovic (and even so, pleumjit blocked her at least twice). onuma had about 15 points and her tips to the open court were spectacular. nootsara launching hattaya and pleumjit in the middle were unstoppable, and the backrow attacks were often deadly.

• well, brankica didn't play the entire match.

if they played the entire match with the 3 you mention above, THA would have wiped the floor with them. THA is not to be underestimated and they only lost because they couldn't stop boskovic (and even so, pleumjit blocked her at least twice). onuma had about 15 points and her tips to the open court were spectacular. nootsara launching hattaya and pleumjit in the middle were unstoppable, and the backrow attacks were often deadly.

Agreed! It's honestly shocking to me how people still underestimate Thailand. They are not just any team that can fall prey easily to European teams.

• Thailand was a bit underwhelming last week, but Tomkom's return has made a world of difference and they played wonderfully today. Serbia was getting frustrated a lot because they never knew what was coming next. They couldn't afford to take Bošković out because the reception was a mess and there were a lot of trash sets she needed to kill, which she did. Also, people go on about how bad Rašić is now, but her blocking skills are still pretty much unparalleled.
    The biggest surprise to me is that Mirković (at least at this point) seems to have a more fluid connection with her hitters than Antonijević.

• The biggest surprise to me is that Mirković (at least at this point) seems to have a more fluid connection with her hitters than Antonijević.

I`m not surprised. I watched Chemik a lot this season..Mirkovic had a shaky start but she picked it up mid way through the season and became the starter and in the playoffs she already had a great connection with Veljekovic and she was even their best score a few times scoring more than Smarze.
    Mirkovic still give some bad sets but she`s only 22 and has not played a lot...she will get better... but what I like about her is that she`s not afraid in creating plays, she even forces some balls with the middles ( something that Maja never did) and this is great because soon enough the connection will be there.

But I guess Zivkovic will be back?? and bye bye to Mirkovic?? ;(

• Agreed! It's honestly shocking to me how people still underestimate Thailand. They are not just any team that can fall prey easily to European teams.

Thailand's time is coming. The kids are coming up and doing okay. Nootsara and Pleumjit are in their mid-30s :cheesy:
    I hope they can last until Thailand qualifies for their first Olympics in 2020. They deserve it and I think they will make it. They are more fun to watch offensively these days than Japan, and they are about the same defensively--which says more about Japan than it does Thailand.