2018 FIVB Volleyball Women's Nations League

• That's way exaggerated. She has been attending public events after the surgery and is just not ready to play volleyball matches yet.

That makes me feel a little better. I love Changning and have been concerned she might not be long for the volleyball world. Seems to suffer more than her share of injuries, and when a vital organ acts up, not cool.

• Is USA successful because of Karch's estra fast system? I don't think so.They had best players.They had no weakness except opp position.

I consider the libero USA's worst position.

Their position at 6 also takes away the pipe from USA. It has been used seldomly but the fact they are at 6 instead of 5 makes it ever harder for USA to go for the pipe.

USA's weakness? In my opinion it is the OH attack. They have no bail out attacker at that position. Their fast system allows them to not need a high ball out of system attacker at 4 and their athletic sliders makes the opposite not required to get the most balls share. If the system didn't win them the WCH in 2014, I can't exactly agree on you that USA have the best players in the world.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

Edited 2 times, last by Rains ().

• BRAZIL
    According to the training in Barueri and instagram pictures, the UNOFFICIAL roster of week 1 will be
    S - Roberta and Macris
    OP - Tandara and Monique
    OH - Gabi, Rosamaria, Drussyla and Amanda
    MB - Adenizia, Carol, Bia and Mara
    L - Suelen and Jaque

• Poland NT (for the first 3 weeks):

Setters: Marlena Pleśnierowicz, Julia Nowicka
    Middle-blockers: Agnieszka Kąkolewska, Zuzanna Efimienko-Młotkowska, Gabriela Polańska
    Outside-hitters: Natalia Mędrzyk, Emilia Mucha, Martyna Grajber, Julia Twardowska
    Opposites: Malwina Smarzek, Martyna Łukasik, Monika Bociek
    Liberos: Maria Stenzel, Agata Witkowska

• That's official. It's been out there on the media already.

Thaisa, Natalia and Dani Lins will not play at the VNL. And Gabi (L) will probably play in another week.

• For week 1 I am most looking forward to Brazil x Serbia. I'm also interested in watching how USA play if they really are trying an even quicker style.

• I can`t wait for Brazil vs Serbia... I just hope Terzic will play with the main starters like Boskovic,Anna,Mihajlovic,Stevanovic,Veljokvic,S.Popovic and probably Busa... because in the past few years he never plays with the main starters...he always does a mix... Like if against Brazil he plays Bjelica and not Boskovic I will be pissed.

All USA games will be boring because Italy is sending their U18 team...and Turkey/Poland does not even count. I`m excited to watch Turkey but they are too weak to win anything as usual.

For week 1 I am most looking forward to Brazil x Serbia. I'm also interested in watching how USA play if they really are trying an even quicker style.

• actually in the last season Turkey competed with team B..before that..Turkey had had good matches and bad matches but it would be unfair to define its "usual" performances in WGPs as "weak"
    this season Turkey is having new and younger players in the roster..lets see how it works

• these are the best teams but we know some of them wont compete with their best lineups at some weeks

so the teams with weaker lineups on paper may put forth some good fights against some favorite teams..

• these are the best teams but we know some of them wont compete with their best lineups at some weeks

so the teams with weaker lineups on paper may put forth some good fights against some favorite teams..

This is why I like the WGP/VNL. How to manage a five week tournament played all over the world. How good is your TEAM, not just your six best players? Who's going to crawl out of the woodwork and show they deserve to play in the WCh? I also think it makes the tournament IMPORTANT and MEANINGFUL.

• This is why I like the WGP/VNL. How to manage a five week tournament played all over the world. How good is your TEAM, not just your six best players? Who's going to crawl out of the woodwork and show they deserve to play in the WCh? I also think it makes the tournament IMPORTANT and MEANINGFUL.

Agreed. GP/VNL must be exhausting for the players, but from a spectator point of view, it's REALLY fun. Some people here have tried to discredit the tournament for whatever reason, but I think it's super important as well.

• :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Let`s see if Japan can beat Brazil and Serbia like they did last year.

This is why I like the WGP/VNL. How to manage a five week tournament played all over the world. How good is your TEAM, not just your six best players? Who's going to crawl out of the woodwork and show they deserve to play in the WCh? I also think it makes the tournament IMPORTANT and MEANINGFUL.

• This is why I like the WGP/VNL. How to manage a five week tournament played all over the world. How good is your TEAM, not just your six best players? Who's going to crawl out of the woodwork and show they deserve to play in the WCh? I also think it makes the tournament IMPORTANT and MEANINGFUL.

its a tournament wanting endurance,not easy ..its like playing in the Russian female league for 5 weeks ( i mean long trips,climate etc) lol

• Correct me if I'm wrong but for this tournament teams have to cut to a 21 player roster and then each week must limit it to 14 players--and they can pick a different 14 each week. Is that right?

• Korean roster for the 1st week:

• S: LEE Hyo-Hee, LEE Na-Yeon, LEE Da-Yeong
    • OPP: KIM Hee-Jin, NA Hyun-Soo
    • OH: KIM Yeon-Koung, PARK Jeong-Ah, LEE Jae-Yeong, KANG So-Hwi
    • MB: KIM Su-Ji, YANG Hyo-Jin, PARK Eun-Jin
    • Li: YIM Myung-Ok, NA Hyun-Jung

MB JEONG Sun-Ah will also travel with the team to China.