2018 FIVB Volleyball Women's Nations League

• Is there something in the water in Serbia coz they seemed to be having all the best MBs in the world? Both in the men and women's department.

Actually, Mina Popovic aint so bad too. Is she the 4th MB on the team? I can't think of a stronger trio than Serbia's right now except for Brazils Fabiana-Walewska-Thaisa Beinjing 2008. Any takers?

• Actually, Mina Popovic aint so bad too. Is she the 4th MB on the team? I can't think of a stronger trio than Serbia's right now except for Brazils Fabiana-Walewska-Thaisa Beinjing 2008. Any takers?

The Cubans in the 90s. Regla Torres, Carvajal and Ana Ibis Fernandez.

• I dont think the Americans are even slightly close to the level of the Cubans and Brazilians.

• I'm not sure, if anybody noticed, but a while ago Puerto Rico defeated Canada in NORCECA Challenger Cup and currently the South American (CSV) Challenger Cup finals will be Peru vs. Columbia. Both winners and the others (Asia, Europe) will fight for a place in the VNL 2019.

Format: Wikipedia article Challenger Cup

• I'm not sure, if anybody noticed, but a while ago Puerto Rico defeated Canada in NORCECA Challenger Cup and currently the South American (CSV) Challenger Cup finals will be Peru vs. Columbia. Both winners and the others (Asia, Europe) will fight for a place in the VNL 2019.

Format: Wikipedia article Challenger Cup

Actually South American champion will play against the African champion for a spot at the challenger cup

• Actually South American champion will play against the African champion for a spot at the challenger cup

Yes, and I guess, that the two European League (Gold) winners will also be eligible for Challenger Playoff. At least I can't imagine, that CEV will carry out one more competition.

• Germany will go into 3rd week with the same roster as in week 2, i.e. no Hanna Orthmann again :S I hope there will be some changes for 4th and 5th weeks played in Europe, I guess having the same roster in Korea and Thailand was planned from the beginning in order to reduce the travel stress for some players.

• Will be so funny if Germany after beating the Champs (Brazil) go win less for the rest of the tournament... I guess they should get a win against Argentina...but other than that they gotta play hard to win even against D.Republic and Belgium.

• I don`t know....how about Turkey? I want to see Ebrar against Boskovic

I bet they will as they hosting.

id like to see Ebrar against Boşkovic 2-3 years later not now :D

i guess Turkey will compete with a similar roster as in week 2..
    Hande should be with the team for a better offence.

• My fav. is Serbia vs Russia... :win:

Japan vs Italy will be interesting.

Turkey gotta beat Belgium and Russia if they want to advance to the Final Round. ...

It is safe to say that USA-SRB-BRA-CHN will be there....the final 2 spots will probably come down to Turkey-Russia-Netherland-Italy.

• agree with you , Turkey has to beat Belgium and Russia to keep its chance alive for a spot in the f6

Belgium had played a 5-set match with Dutch team.Turkey should be well-focused on the match and served well

if Serbia plays with its best lineup i dont think Russia has a chance ..but if Serbia plays with the lineup they had played against Germany adn Brazil then Russia can win

• Mihajlovic only needs rest when they play Brazil.... I`m pretty sure she will be playing all 3 games this week :lol:

agree with you , Turkey has to beat Belgium and Russia to keep its chance alive for a spot in the f6

Belgium had played a 5-set match with Dutch team.Turkey should be well-focused on the match and served well

if Serbia plays with its best lineup i dont think Russia has a chance ..but if Serbia plays with the lineup they had played against Germany adn Brazil then Russia can win

• Mihajlovic only needs rest when they play Brazil.... I`m pretty sure she will be playing all 3 games this week :lol:

:thumbsup:

if Terzic really wants his team to go to the f6 or not ?..if he doenst want then he'd better give the less experienced players a chance such as Milenkovic,Busa etc..

• Serbia will be playing on home court and I'm sure that all the main players will be there. They don't get to play in front of their own people all that often and tanking would be a complete nonsense.
    I'm guessing Veljković will be back instead of Popović who is carrying an ankle injury. It sucks for Mina because she'd be playing in her hometown and now she'll likely miss it. Speaking of which, it's the same place the men played this week and the atmosphere hasn't been all that spectacular, I doubt it will be better for the women. :rolleyes: