2018 FIVB Volleyball Women's Nations League

• Canada will host the Norceca Women`s Challenge Cup.

The NORCECA Women’s Challenge Cup will take place in Edmonton, Alberta in northwestern Canada from May 15 to 20 with six teams in competition.
    The winner qualifies to the FIVB Volleyball Nations League Challenge Cup Finals.
    Teams of host Canada, Trinidad & Tobago and Costa Rica will play in Pool A, while Nicaragua, Puerto Rico and Cuba will play in Pool B.
    The top ranked teams from each pool will play for the title on May 20 at Edmonton Expo Centre Hall D.

https://www.norceca.net/Edmonton%20to%20host%20Women’s%20Challenge%20Cup.htm

• https://www.instagram.com/p/BisOjBNAWeh/
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BisHx7xAzgh/
    Pics of Germany and Japan training in Brazil in case anyone's interested.

Have you seen any word on who the mean fourteen will be?

• That`s awesome and thanks for posting. ( I tried using a VPN to watch German league in the past and at least for me it did not work...RaiSport does not work with VNP for me as well....some website does a better job in protecting it I assume).

But I would assume they paid for the rights in order to be able to stream ? unless FIVB is giving for free? But I doubt because all other channels such as Sportv, Polsat will all be broadcasting as well...and FIVB should be making money with TV rights.

But here in the US the richest country and most sport cultured in the world seams like there will be no TV coverage.. 1000 american sports channels and not a single one bother to show volleyball. They should not even allow a country to compete, especially USA if they don`t buy TV rights.

I can only hope that FIVB channel will work for me without having to use VPN....but still I would prefer to watch at least some games on TV and not in the computer ;(

In Germany, all matches of VNL will be streamed here: http://sportdeutschland.tv/vnl

I assume the streams will be geo-blocked, but for sure they'll be free, so I don't expect FIVB to have pay-per-view streams on their own streaming platform.

• Nowadays it's kind of easy to find youtube links with live matches. (pirate links, I know...) I just watched the CL 4 final there.

• They should not even allow a country to compete, especially USA if they don`t buy TV rights.

Isn't it that USA buys the rights but then doesn't broadcast? Or they broadcast only the USA matches. Pretty sure that's what NBC did last year.

• Yes, that is what they did last year and usually this is what other countries does... They only show on TV when their team is playing and they will block on youtube...but they allow you to watch all the other games which won`t be on TV..

But this year I don`t think any channel bought the rights... I checked on NBC, ESPN, Olympic Channel and nothing.

Isn't it that USA buys the rights but then doesn't broadcast? Or they broadcast only the USA matches. Pretty sure that's what NBC did last year.

• Any news about Dominican Republic roster? They should be in China already

ROSTER:

1-Winifer Fernandez (Libero)
    2-Ana Binet (Libero)
    3-Annerys Vargas (MB)
    4-Candida Arias (MB)
    5-JIneiry Martinez (MB)
    6-Yonkaira Pena (OH)
    7-Braylin Martinez (OH)
    8-Lisvel Eve Mejia (OH)
    9-Vielka Peralta (OH)
    10-Natalia Martinez (OH)
    11-Gaila Gonzalez (OP)
    12-Jeoselyna Rodriguez (OP)
    13-Niverka Marte (S)
    14-Camil Dominguez (S)

• Libero Brenda Castillo, OH Betania De La Cruz, OH Priscilla Rivera, OP Gina Mambru and MB Mariane Fersola will not play for Dominican Republic

• China 14 Player Roster Week 1

Outside Hitter: Liu Xiaotong, Liu Yanhan, Li Yingying, Zhang Yichan
    Opposite: Yang Fangxu, Gong Xiangyu
    Middle Blocker: Yuan Xinyue, Gao Yi, Wang Yuanyuan, Hu Mingyuan
    Setter: Ding Xia, Yao Di
    Libero: Lin Li, Meng Zixuan

• I think Xiaotong is more of a all round player than Yanhan is...she can do a little of everything...and for the NT she`s the perfect backup, she can come in and have a big impact right away.

Will there be any TV channels showing VNL for you guys in Turkey?

• I think Xiaotong is more of a all round player than Yanhan is...she can do a little of everything...and for the NT she`s the perfect backup, she can come in and have a big impact right away.

Will there be any TV channels showing VNL for you guys in Turkey?

i guess by some pay tv