You are not logged in.

world volleyball coaches show 2018 header

Dear visitor, welcome to Inside VolleyCountry. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Tuesday, May 29th 2018, 9:32pm

btw..Congrats to Guidetti and his team :thumbsup:
i couldnt watch the match.i checked the stats and saw Meryem played a very good match.i wondered why Zehra Güneş didnt have any blocks in 3 sets ?(

tbh,the stats of fivb doesnt look that trustworthy ...according to those stats e.g. Italy had 53 errors against Japan :!:
meso mi ra se beno...

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Canter" (May 29th 2018, 9:37pm)

StefanS

Professional

• "StefanS" is male

About me: Team Europa member of Allianz MTV Stuttgart

Favourite Team: Allianz MTV Stuttgart, UYBA Busto Arsizio

Tuesday, May 29th 2018, 9:35pm

Statistics in this competition are a joke. A while after the expectedly one-sided match USA-Germany there were all entries but the point sum equal zero. Don't believe anything announced there.

beri

Master

• "beri" is female

Favourite Team: Fenerbahce, Bursa BBSK, Seramiksan, Turkish NT & Serbian NT & Italian NT

Favourite Players: KIM YK & EDA ERDEM & MIREYA LUIS

Tuesday, May 29th 2018, 9:44pm

there is a lot of mistakes in the stats indeed :/ very bad if there would even be just 1 wrong since we are talking about the biggest volleyball federation but they manage to make tons of mistakes :gone:

beri

Master

• "beri" is female

Favourite Team: Fenerbahce, Bursa BBSK, Seramiksan, Turkish NT & Serbian NT & Italian NT

Tuesday, May 29th 2018, 9:50pm

@Canter Zehra didn't block today bcs she did not need to but she did help a lot in block defense btw (PS: I do remember Gio screaming at her at some point bcs she was positioned wrong I think) and also it was just Belgium tipped a lot and avoided the middles consciously. Eda Erdem is just something else :lol: Zehra played another really good match to me, and Beyza was her sub.

I did not even see Kubra today... I wonder if she just left the team bcs she feels she should start over Zehra or something :white:
Edit: I checked stats and she was as I thought not even in the roster... :S

Tuesday, May 29th 2018, 10:12pm

@Canter Zehra didn't block today bcs she did not need to but she did help a lot in block defense btw (PS: I do remember Gio screaming at her at some point bcs she was positioned wrong I think) and also it was just Belgium tipped a lot and avoided the middles consciously. Eda Erdem is just something else :lol: Zehra played another really good match to me, and Beyza was her sub.

I did not even see Kubra today... I wonder if she just left the team bcs she feels she should start over Zehra or something :white:

making rebound is also important rather than solid blocks
Kübra is rumored to have told GUidetti that either Zehra or me..goodbye Gui..i miss you..two drops of tears..."
im kidding :D ..Kübra was said to have been given some rest by Gui
meso mi ra se beno...

Tuesday, May 29th 2018, 10:27pm

Do you think setter Roberta should have given more balls to Drussyla and Amanda against a team playing without KYK ?
good game by Tandara!
seems Korean Jeongah Park had agood match

the most striking result was DR's beating Thailand at their home-court in 3 sets

some interesting matches on the schedule of tomorrow :

China - Japan : lets see if Japanese coach will start with Kurogo against China and if Ting Zhu will play against Japan ?
Turkey - Russia : OHs should help Meryem more tomorrow.Russia has a better block so it wont be easy for Meryem to score as she did today. a stable good game is needed plus good serves.
Thailand - Germany could be more interesting than it appears to
meso mi ra se beno...

beri

Master

• "beri" is female

Tuesday, May 29th 2018, 10:37pm

making rebound is also important rather than solid blocks
Kübra is rumored to have told GUidetti that either Zehra or me..goodbye Gui..i miss you..two drops of tears..."
im kidding :D ..Kübra was said to have been given some rest by Gui

:rolll: good choice by Guidetti, she needed that rest after 2 full weeks on the bench. She must have been sOo tired... :P

In all honesty: I'm not missing her

Tuesday, May 29th 2018, 10:56pm

China - Japan : lets see if Japanese coach will start with Kurogo against China and if Ting Zhu will play against Japan ?

Play your B team against Japan at your peril. Serbia and Russia tried that last year and paid the price :white:

I wish I could read Japanese and know where to look for gossip and find out the skinny on Koga. Two full games on the bench after her, uhh ... you can call it an error or a mistake. I think it's more egregious than that.

• "Mkmalaluan" is male

Favourite Team: Brazil

Favourite Players: Fe garay, tandara, roberta, bia, natalia, drussyla, adenizia, rosamaria, bruna

Tuesday, May 29th 2018, 11:45pm

You really dont like tandara and roberta, do you?

Do you think setter Roberta should have given more balls to Drussyla and Amanda against a team playing without KYK ?
good game by Tandara!

the most striking result was DR's beating Thailand at their home-court in 3 sets

Turkey - Russia : OHs should help Meryem more tomorrow.Russia has a better block so it wont be easy for Meryem to score as she did today. a stable good game is needed plus good serves.
Now roberta sets to her middles and your saying.. he should have set to the outside hitters... common the game is precise!

Wednesday, May 30th 2018, 12:24am

good game by Tandara!

Now roberta sets to her middles and your saying.. he should have set to the outside hitters... common the game is precise!

or maybe you dont like me ..lol
i thought Korean team without KYK wasnt a real threat to Brazil so Roberto could have done better than setting 54 balls to Tandara then 18 to Amanda...however,18 balls to Bia is good..mine is just an opinion no need to be angry at..i didnt watch the match you could be right..sometimes setters feel that way and that is correct..btw..i dont think i leave many comments on Roberta here ..so how did you infer that i didnt like her and Tandara ?( :gone:
meso mi ra se beno...

Agguerro

Intermediate

• "Agguerro" is male

Favourite Team: Sada Cruzeiro, Brazil NT (M and F), China F team (2004-2008), Italy F team (2007), Chinese W team (current)

Favourite Players: Lucarelli, Cuban women's team 2000, Montano, Jacqueline, Fe Garay, Thaisa, Sheila, Fabiana, Logan Tom, Musavi, Sokolov, Fecundo Conte, Ngapeth, Del Core, Zhou Suhong, Anderson

Wednesday, May 30th 2018, 12:44am

good game by Tandara!

good game by Tandara!

good game by Tandara!

I think you may be misunderstanding Canter. He was responding to a comment I made earlier that in this match Tandara was too overloaded. I just felt that given we are in week 3, and the Brazilian outside attack in my opinion needs more work, this could have been a good opportunity to give more responsibility to them. I remember last year during WGP in the really rounds Brazil had good use of outside and the pipe attack - at the moment it just seems none existent. It was evident in that 3rd set when Tandara was under so much pressure and she made a few mistakes, because she was really overloaded. I watched a lot of matches in the Brazilian league where Tandara had to almost do everything and in the end she got burned out. Tandara is too important and its a long season, and there isn't really another opposite of that level. IT was really good that the middles were used though - I think Ade and Roberta still need more work on connection.

But also, Guimares, s a good coach, I am sure he knows exactly what he is doing..

Wednesday, May 30th 2018, 1:05am

what about OH Gabi's situation..is she undergoing an injury ? ..why isnt she playing ? Amanda is better than her currently ?
meso mi ra se beno...

saishuu

Master

• "saishuu" is male

Favourite Team: BRA (M/F); Trentino, Minas Tênis Clube

Wednesday, May 30th 2018, 1:11am

what about OH Gabi's situation..is she undergoing an injury ? ..why isnt she playing ? Amanda is better than her currently ?
She's still recovering from a knee injury, so she's only playing one set per game.
Gold - European Championship 2013 (M) Prediction Game
Bronze - World Championship 2014 (W) Prediction Game

Sidney

Master

Favourite Team: Brazil NT, USA NT, Ned NT, Rexona, Minas, Fenerbahce, Pomi, Bergamo

Favourite Players: Mihajlovic, Natália, Stevanovic, Piccinini, Ferretti, Larson, Gozde, Fabi, Lloyd.

Wednesday, May 30th 2018, 1:11am

Gabi is playing the first set in each match. She is still recovering from her injury and there is no need to rush things right now. She will be more important during the WCH

Wednesday, May 30th 2018, 1:31am

ok thanks guys.
meso mi ra se beno...

• "Mkmalaluan" is male

Favourite Players: Fe garay, tandara, roberta, bia, natalia, drussyla, adenizia, rosamaria, bruna

Wednesday, May 30th 2018, 1:46am

Gabi is playing one set per match.

And regarding rosamaria she is the third opposite.. in time she will be a back up come 2020 but ze really needs monique in the back row

• "Mkmalaluan" is male

Wednesday, May 30th 2018, 1:55am

Thats true. Its even evident in the superliga. But what made fabiola set those balls to tandara was because the reception in osasco was terriblw with angela leyva....

good game by Tandara!

good game by Tandara!

good game by Tandara!

I think you may be misunderstanding Canter. He was responding to a comment I made earlier that in this match Tandara was too overloaded. I just felt that given we are in week 3, and the Brazilian outside attack in my opinion needs more work, this could have been a good opportunity to give more responsibility to them. I remember last year during WGP in the really rounds Brazil had good use of outside and the pipe attack - at the moment it just seems none existent. It was evident in that 3rd set when Tandara was under so much pressure and she made a few mistakes, because she was really overloaded. I watched a lot of matches in the Brazilian league where Tandara had to almost do everything and in the end she got burned out. Tandara is too important and its a long season, and there isn't really another opposite of that level. IT was really good that the middles were used though - I think Ade and Roberta still need more work on connection.

But also, Guimares, s a good coach, I am sure he knows exactly what he is doing..
That’s correct... tandara made a 9-1 run against praia in the semis but was overtaken by 10-9 by praia...
Also the third set win of turkey against brazil was because of a bump spike by tandara and yesterday it was also a bump set that made korea win...

I am not angry with u canter. Its just that people are clamoring to rberta all the time. Give her time and you will see... those sets are awesome... its up to the oh/mb/opposite to do the scoring.. i am not saying only bia and tandara are effective.. that really depends on the game...

Ade wasnt used in the game vs germany but she managed to top along with bia the tournament in terms of blcoking.. cmmon this is a competition.. these athletes must fill us with brilliant ideas to watch...

I hope you understand my point..

Janko

Intermediate

• "Janko" is male

Favourite Team: Serbia NT (F/M), Netherlands NT (F), Dominican Republic NT (F), Turkey NT (F), Eczacıbaşı, VakifBank

Favourite Players: Tijana Boskovic, Stefana Veljkovic, Jovana Brakocevic, Maja Ognjenovic, Milena Rasic, Katarina Lazovic, Kim Yeon-koung, Robin de Kruijf, Celeste Plak, Hande Baladin, Kübra Akman , Zehra Güneş, Cristina Chirichella, Brenda Castillo, Brayelin Martínez, Irina Fetisova

Wednesday, May 30th 2018, 2:02am

14 points for Boskovic in first set...that's just ridiculous! :lol: :white:

And I'm not sure about %, but I think it was at least 50% in that period!

JoanaBG

Professional

• "JoanaBG" is female
  • "JoanaBG" started this thread

Wednesday, May 30th 2018, 3:12am

And I'm not sure about %, but I think it was at least 50% in that period!

I actually think it was way higher, from what I remember, there were only 1 or 2 hits she didn't kill. It was kinda ridiculous. She was basically playing all on her own.
The other two sets were more of a team effort, but still the match was a mess. Especially in the 2nd set when Serbia had huge problems in reception and Russia had huge problems on serve - so basically every serve by the Russians was either an ace or an error.
Brankica looked visibly exhausted. It was good she was taken out and Milenković as her replacement did well.
At this point I'm even curious to see how Živković will perform because Antonijević is hardly setting the world alight with her play at the moment.

• "warolkojtyla" is male

Favourite Players: Ognjenović, Werblińska, De Genarro, Castillo, Ramirez, Zagumny, Grebennikov, N'Gapeth, Toniutti, U. Kovacević

Wednesday, May 30th 2018, 10:08am

first time I'm watching Dominican Rep, where is Brenda Castillo?