2018 FIVB Volleyball Women's Nations League

• Thailand's great play from last week has simply evaporated. :gone: Their attacks are just so impotent and their defensive work is not up to par. They did manage to somehow snatch the 3rd set, but it was far from convicning.
    Honestly, the biggest reason to watch Germany's matches is to ogle at Felix the Beautiful :mirror:

Haha, me too. I like none of the German players, but Felix is so cute. :love:

• Oh, Germany. First Geerties dumps the ball into the net. Then Poll comes in to receieve, completely shanks it and gives Thailand an easy slam dunk at the net. Next, Schoelzel spikes it out. 3 SPs for Thailand and soon they take the set.

• Watching the Brazil-Poland match now. Amanda's reception and floor defense are frequently on point. I guess that's the reason why she's in the team.

As for Thailand. I think as long as Guedpard insists on ignoring her middle hitters, they'll just keep losing against tall and skillful teams.

• can they pls stop showing the back angle camera all the time when Turkey receives, 1-2 times ok but they have been doing it 95% :down: and only when Turkey receives.
    Edit: Make that 98%, match is unwatchable for me this way... I hope they change in set 2

• Awesome game by Carol today against Poland. 10/13 attacks, 4 blocks in only three sets is beyond her standard.
    Kind of a slower game from Brazil in defense, but it was expected. Looking forward to the game against Holland tomorrow. :cheesy:

• Wow! This adds great excitement, and it will mean in addition to this great match, Russia and Turkey will probably fight through the rest of the competition for the Final 6 place! :drink:

• MVP Voronkova for me. Malykh was good suddenly in tiebreak.
    In Turkey Meryem should have played more maybe after her big perf. yesterday... I liked Fulden Ural in offense but she I get why Gio doesn't let her play all the time, sometimes her defense is worse then even Hande. Ceren was a useful sub but after a while she is just like -1 player on court. I liked Beyza today and Hande. Turkey struggles really badly in general I noticed when the starting 6 gets changed for a longer period. Ebrar is like Egonu but 90% more inconsistent, she will improve with time.

Match had some ups and some downs, reception was bad for both sides. And both blocked quite a lot. In general though a really eciting match to watch. Congrats to both sides!

• Voronkova is very good so in this third week. As beri said, she was MVP today, and only the presence of Boskovic prevented her from potentially taking over the match against Serbia, too.

• Russian 3 Gui 2 if to be honest I'm not satisfied about the game, Russia must play much better, they were slept at the end of the game. I'm upset about losing second and third set which Russia played well, they don't have team spirit. That's okay for me I'm off :evil:

• Russia played horrible 2nd set ... O.o looking at stats Turkey was much better in the 23-25 first set so maybe we should have won that one.

This is not the first time Turkey plays a tb with Russia or even beat them (if they had) Turkey played most of this match without their first 6 even with international debutants. Who seem very clueless at times and some scared to take responsibility. Imo this was the worst match of Turkey in this competition. Russians 3-2 Turkish debutants.

It's almost pathetic to see how bad Russian reception is and how easily they are aced. Only their middle and Voronkova was good today, the rest was really bad.
    Personally I think Turkey will beat Russia in the race for Final 6. Any team in VNL (except Argentina) can beat this Russia on a good serving day.
    China, Brazil, Serbia, USA, Netherlands, Turkey this year I'm pretty sure. But this 5 will be really tough on TR.

• Maybe it will sound rude towards Turkey NT, but IMO they have a really good coach booster. Their players except few of them are really weak. They have strong MB like Eda not debutant, strong clever setter and a good libero and booster coach nothing more. They look too weak without Gui IMO :|
    If they had strong players why Vakifbank have Zhu, Lonneke and Robinson, Eczaci have Kim, Boskovic and Larson. If today Meliha played well it is job of GUI not her strength.

• Meliha also played good at her club season.Şeyma played better than Biryukova at Besiktas.Of course our wing spikers and opposites are weak because teams use foreigners at these positions.In Russia you do not hire foreigners, your promising players are always playing, so they are getting better as a player.