You are not logged in.

world volleyball coaches show 2018 header

Dear visitor, welcome to Inside VolleyCountry. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Janko

Intermediate

• "Janko" is male

Favourite Team: Serbia NT (F/M), Netherlands NT (F), Dominican Republic NT (F), Turkey NT (F), Eczacıbaşı, VakifBank

Favourite Players: Tijana Boskovic, Stefana Veljkovic, Jovana Brakocevic, Maja Ognjenovic, Milena Rasic, Katarina Lazovic, Kim Yeon-koung, Robin de Kruijf, Celeste Plak, Hande Baladin, Kübra Akman , Zehra Güneş, Cristina Chirichella, Brenda Castillo, Brayelin Martínez, Irina Fetisova

Wednesday, May 30th 2018, 2:02am

14 points for Boskovic in first set...that's just ridiculous! :lol: :white:

And I'm not sure about %, but I think it was at least 50% in that period!

JoanaBG

Professional

• "JoanaBG" is female
  • "JoanaBG" started this thread

Wednesday, May 30th 2018, 3:12am

I actually think it was way higher, from what I remember, there were only 1 or 2 hits she didn't kill. It was kinda ridiculous. She was basically playing all on her own.
The other two sets were more of a team effort, but still the match was a mess. Especially in the 2nd set when Serbia had huge problems in reception and Russia had huge problems on serve - so basically every serve by the Russians was either an ace or an error.
Brankica looked visibly exhausted. It was good she was taken out and Milenković as her replacement did well.
At this point I'm even curious to see how Živković will perform because Antonijević is hardly setting the world alight with her play at the moment.

• "warolkojtyla" is male

Favourite Players: Ognjenović, Werblińska, De Genarro, Castillo, Ramirez, Zagumny, Grebennikov, N'Gapeth, Toniutti, U. Kovacević

Wednesday, May 30th 2018, 10:08am

first time I'm watching Dominican Rep, where is Brenda Castillo?

Janko

Intermediate

• "Janko" is male

Favourite Team: Serbia NT (F/M), Netherlands NT (F), Dominican Republic NT (F), Turkey NT (F), Eczacıbaşı, VakifBank

Favourite Players: Tijana Boskovic, Stefana Veljkovic, Jovana Brakocevic, Maja Ognjenovic, Milena Rasic, Katarina Lazovic, Kim Yeon-koung, Robin de Kruijf, Celeste Plak, Hande Baladin, Kübra Akman , Zehra Güneş, Cristina Chirichella, Brenda Castillo, Brayelin Martínez, Irina Fetisova

Wednesday, May 30th 2018, 12:23pm

I actually think it was way higher, from what I remember, there were only 1 or 2 hits she didn't kill. It was kinda ridiculous. She was basically playing all on her own.
The other two sets were more of a team effort, but still the match was a mess. Especially in the 2nd set when Serbia had huge problems in reception and Russia had huge problems on serve - so basically every serve by the Russians was either an ace or an error.
Brankica looked visibly exhausted. It was good she was taken out and Milenković as her replacement did well.
At this point I'm even curious to see how Živković will perform because Antonijević is hardly setting the world alight with her play at the moment.
I just watched the replay, and it was 10-12 in that first set for Tijana! 83%! :white: :cheesy:

Matthias

Setter & Coach

• "Matthias" is male

Wednesday, May 30th 2018, 12:32pm

According to FIVB stats Lloyd attacked 16 balls in 3 sets today. Is there any chance that this is correct and if yes, how did that happen??

Wednesday, May 30th 2018, 2:16pm

According to FIVB stats Lloyd attacked 16 balls in 3 sets today. Is there any chance that this is correct and if yes, how did that happen??

I watched half of the second and the third set, and I don't remember her attacking any..

Mapuan

I want you!

• "Mapuan" is male

Favourite Team: USA NT

Favourite Players: Hooker, Lloyd, Anderson, Jaeschke, Sander, Bartmann, Tonitui, Holt, Christensen, Kubiak

Wednesday, May 30th 2018, 2:45pm

I watched half of the second and the third set, and I don't remember her attacking any..
I don’t remember her attacking also.

JoanaBG

Professional

• "JoanaBG" is female

Wednesday, May 30th 2018, 2:46pm

Thailand's great play from last week has simply evaporated. :gone: Their attacks are just so impotent and their defensive work is not up to par. They did manage to somehow snatch the 3rd set, but it was far from convicning.
Honestly, the biggest reason to watch Germany's matches is to ogle at Felix the Beautiful :mirror:

Wednesday, May 30th 2018, 3:03pm

Thailand's great play from last week has simply evaporated. :gone: Their attacks are just so impotent and their defensive work is not up to par. They did manage to somehow snatch the 3rd set, but it was far from convicning.
Honestly, the biggest reason to watch Germany's matches is to ogle at Felix the Beautiful :mirror:

Haha, me too. I like none of the German players, but Felix is so cute. :love:

JoanaBG

Professional

• "JoanaBG" is female

Wednesday, May 30th 2018, 3:15pm

Oh, Germany. First Geerties dumps the ball into the net. Then Poll comes in to receieve, completely shanks it and gives Thailand an easy slam dunk at the net. Next, Schoelzel spikes it out. 3 SPs for Thailand and soon they take the set.

Wednesday, May 30th 2018, 4:56pm

Watching the Brazil-Poland match now. Amanda's reception and floor defense are frequently on point. I guess that's the reason why she's in the team.

As for Thailand. I think as long as Guedpard insists on ignoring her middle hitters, they'll just keep losing against tall and skillful teams.

beri

Master

• "beri" is female

Favourite Team: Fenerbahce, Bursa BBSK, Seramiksan, Turkish NT & Serbian NT & Italian NT

Favourite Players: KIM YK & EDA ERDEM & MIREYA LUIS

Wednesday, May 30th 2018, 5:20pm

can they pls stop showing the back angle camera all the time when Turkey receives, 1-2 times ok but they have been doing it 95% :down: and only when Turkey receives.
Edit: Make that 98%, match is unwatchable for me this way... I hope they change in set 2

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "beri" (May 30th 2018, 5:27pm)

Matthias

Setter & Coach

• "Matthias" is male

Wednesday, May 30th 2018, 5:49pm

I don’t remember her attacking also.
The stats are changed now, before it said she attacked 8/16, now it says 0/16 :aww: And it also claims Marte attacked 11 balls...so we can assume that the stats from Thai pool are pretty off :thumbdown:

JoanaBG

Professional

• "JoanaBG" is female

Wednesday, May 30th 2018, 5:56pm

The stats for GER vs THA do seem pretty accurate, though.

beri

Master

• "beri" is female

Favourite Team: Fenerbahce, Bursa BBSK, Seramiksan, Turkish NT & Serbian NT & Italian NT

Wednesday, May 30th 2018, 5:57pm

Turkey fought back after 11-4 :box: 1-1 loading now

Great subs Ceren and Hande's energy spoke. Good coaching from Gio

Wednesday, May 30th 2018, 6:20pm

Liyubushkina is having a very good game, both blocking and attacking.. I have no idea why is she playing as a sub for Moskow

saishuu

Master

• "saishuu" is male

Favourite Team: BRA (M/F); Trentino, Minas Tênis Clube

Wednesday, May 30th 2018, 6:24pm

Awesome game by Carol today against Poland. 10/13 attacks, 4 blocks in only three sets is beyond her standard.
Kind of a slower game from Brazil in defense, but it was expected. Looking forward to the game against Holland tomorrow. :cheesy:
Gold - European Championship 2013 (M) Prediction Game
Bronze - World Championship 2014 (W) Prediction Game

beri

Master

• "beri" is female

Wednesday, May 30th 2018, 6:49pm

When Cansu is out you realise even more so how important she is for her team.

Fulden Ural is always useful when she is on court

beri

Master

• "beri" is female

Wednesday, May 30th 2018, 7:01pm

Ebrar finally showing the world that she is not just some random new Turkish Opp :super:

beri

Master

• "beri" is female

Wednesday, May 30th 2018, 7:07pm

tiebreak! :box:

everyone terrible in tiebreak :pinch:

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "beri" (May 30th 2018, 7:14pm)