2018 FIVB Volleyball Women's Nations League

• Did I say Turkey can win? :whistling: Even with our golden generation (2010-2012) we couldn't win anything.Of course we know we can't win anything with this squad.Maybe we can hope a medal at ECH.

I'm sorry but Russian's time is over.You don't have star players anymore.Your young generation is not bad but also not so good.Yes, you can beat us or some European teams but you can't beat Serbia-China-USA-Brazil at any big major tournament.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NCAAADjbEzs

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=F_SXNe5L1vU

Here is the link of games. I hope you forget these games or you only watch Turkey NT :wavy:
    Even our weakness days are better than other's blossoming days :P

• i think China,Brazil and Usa keep up being good teams
    i dont know how Serbia will look like after 2020 OG they can live a significant drop.they have the potential to win anything in the world at the moment.they should win as many as possible with this bunch of players
    i expect Dutch team to live a sharp drop after this generation leave
    Italy keep doing well and even could do better in the future
    Russia will be far from its glorious days after Goncharova and Kosheleva's eras end but they will keep being a good team in Europe
    Turkey will do better in Europe but they need some young players to step up to do better in the world

• I agree with you on that, Russia is a big country with great sports culture and always will be feared. We can already say for example Russia will still be in VNL if it exists in 50 years but not the same maybe for lets say Netherlands for example 100%. But I have to say Goncha and Koshe's prime is not Russia's weak days, that is now these last 1-2 years from now on to me. Still Russia will be top 10 indeed.

• You don't watch volleyball more I guess. We won Serbia with Goncharova and Kosheleva in 2015 and won ECH. We beat the same year USA in World cup. Yes, about China we nowadays have problem. Brazil team were changed. I do hope this year we will play better in WCH.

After Kosheleva's level dropped you lost your power.Serbia crushed Russia at Rio.Even with healty Kosheleva you lost so many matches against China, Brazil.I can't see Russia as a powerhouse without healty Kosheleva.And I don't believe that Russia will be better with time.You need some new talents like Sokolova and Gamova.Yes, you are still a good team but you're not a powerhouse anymore.

• Without Kosha, Serban, Goncha we played today. Voronkova is playing not bad indeed. I do hope after Koshe and Goncharova we will find new better ones. It is early to talk about that. Brazil and USA players are not young too. I do hope we will find new ones. If we had strong championships and coaches our Lazareva Russu Kotikova Lazarenko can grow up as strong ones.

• LLOYD i watched all matches at World Cup and ECH, don't worry.I also watched Beijing 2008, London 2012, WCH 2014, Rio 2016, ECH 2011 and 2015 :P

Watching it like writing post or carefully you did it. I doubt that. Let's see what time will show. Yes it is our weakness days if you look at wide history of us.

• If Russia does not improve they could end up just missing the Olympics for the first time ever.

"New" World Cup is already next year and Russia would need a miracle to qualify. I think China/Serbia/Brazil or USA will qualify.
    Mostly important...can Russia even qualify for the WC? I don`t know what is the qualification process but Serbia will qualify for sure, this leaves Russia/Italy/NED/Turkey and even Poland fighting for a few spots in the WC....

either way Russia won`t finish among the TOP 3 in the WC.

International Olympic Qualification - 3 teams will qualify
    Assuming China/Serbia/Brazil qualifies through the WC....USA will certainly qualifies here, the other 2 would probably be Italy and NED. Can Russia beat at least of one these 3? Maybe yes...maybe no.

Champions from each Continental Confederation Qualification Tournament - 5 teams will qualify.
    Let`s say Turkey has not qualified yet ( or even Italy or Ned). Russia can qualify her but in 2 years Turkey could be even stronger. Can Russia beat NED/ITA/NED...,maybe yes ...maybe no.

Russia will need to improve a lot in order to qualify....too bad for them Ita/Ned/Turkey and even Poland are improving as well...

• Brazil is a good team. they could manage to win WGP even without Sheila-Jaque-Fabiana-Thaisa-Fofao .this shows they are still a good team.their team work differentiates them from the other teams
    the same for the Usa team..after Logan-Hooker,Hodge and some other good MBs, they won the WCH.they set a good working system.seems this system will keep working
    Chinese team is a young team.that makes them a dangerous team.i think they have an OPP issue currently yet they can compensate for that. i think LYY should play OPP.

• Serbia is really a lucky team bcz Tijana-Milena-Stevanovic-Brankica - Maja..all these good players has come together in the same period..but who to replace Brankica,Milena,Veljkovic who are 27,27,28 ? Tijana is still very young.other thrree will mosr probably retire after 2020 OG..

You do realize that Serbian team that won the bronze at WCh '06 and the team that won ECh last year had 0 players in common? Serbia has already gone though an entire generation change and it's been more than successful one.
    I mean, I'll be the first one to say that Serbia doesn't have the talent pool big enough to keep itself on the very top decade after decade, but to put down their success to the luck of having one fluke generation is simply factually incorrect.

• What's your problem with Turkish fans.Yes, we are excited about this NT.After Motta's leaving we did nothing at NT.Even with Guidetti last year we were awful at WGP.We lost some important names like Naz, Neriman, Gözde, Güldeniz, Bahar.We had no expectations this team but our girls are fighting for good volleyball.We know that we are not a top team, we know that we can't win anything, we know that we don't have best players.We are excited because we are playing good volleyball after so many years.

• so after tomorrow Turkey and Russia will most probbaly have the same W-L ratio/numbers : 6-3

week 4 :
    Turkey's opponents : Japan,Thailand,Korea ( Asian school :D )
    Russia's : Usa,China,Brazil (tough trio indeed)

Turkey can on paper collect more wins and Russia could leave week 4 empty-handed.i shall say that Turkey live difficulties playing Asian teams.but Russia's opponents are clearly stronger

week 5 :
    Turkey : Netherlands,Germany,China
    Russia : DR ,Poland ,Japan

if Turkey can show its best in Week 4..they can have a good chance for a place in the final 6 before the last week.at the last week Germany is a team that Turkey could beat

• Harrison well said I don't understand why so many people dislike our passion, maybe it comes off the wrong way..? We really do know we are not China or Serbia just hoping for the best.

Also pope I remember you keep saying this every year now and I have no clue where you base this on :aww: when you said it last year many people said they like the tournament a lot even then we were terrible... I said personally it's my favorite tournament of all of them even then and now you are doing this again. Honestly what do you base this on and why do you keep saying this each year lol when we keep saying you we love the tournament (I even said its my favorite one). Now you say its bcs we are doing good then why last 2 years when we were terrible? :whistle: I don't dislike you like some others but sometimes you are just completely random lmao

I can't wait for next year VNL when you will say this again :flower:

Edit: you dont have to delete your post :D I'm not angry about it, sometimes I can be very random as well lol

• You do realize that Serbian team that won the bronze at WCh '06 and the team that won ECh last year had 0 players in common? Serbia has already gone though an entire generation change and it's been more than successful one.
    I mean, I'll be the first one to say that Serbia doesn't have the talent pool big enough to keep itself on the very top decade after decade, but to put down their success to the luck of having one fluke generation is simply factually incorrect.

i wouldnt compare that Serbain team with Anja to this team with Tijana..truly ,that wasnt a great team but a good one.
    what i meant to say about "luck"..they are lucky bcz having a few great players at the same time..kind of luck ..something like having Gamova-Sokolova -Artamonava etc.....i didnt mean what they have achieved so far was about "luck"

• What's your problem with Turkish fans.Yes, we are excited about this NT.After Motta's leaving we did nothing at NT.Even with Gio last year we were awful at WGP.We lost some important names like Naz, Neriman, Gözde, Güldeniz, Bahar.We had no expectations this team but our girls are fighting for good volleyball.We know that we are not a top team, we know that we can't win anything, we know that we don't have best players.We are excited because we are playing good volleyball after so many years.

I don't say anything but most of Turkish fans are disrespectful towards other countries, towards Russia too. Maybe that's why people from different countries mostly don't have a love towards Turkey team. When your team win you try to crush others with words. If you are treating well towards others, they will treat you too. I will never mention about our bright volley ball history if you didn't enter wrong corridor :| Italy beat Russia too but we don't have any problems, because it is sport you can win or lose but most of Turkish fans take it something negative towards others. You can celebrate your victory but without touching anyone. We know Gozda, Neslihan Nariman were good ones but don't throw them or other to our eyes. You have start playing volleyball as NT since 2003 but Russia started playing volleyball many years ago. Even ordinary people like me had volleyball story in past. I was not lucky and left it. You are using volleyball as revenge thing and that's not good. If you are respectful I think others like me will be respectful towards you and your NT. :|

• Are you talking about the respect :gone: I don't see any disrespectful comments about Russian NT.I said they are not a top team anymore because they don't have star players anymore.So I don't see them as a powerhouse anymore.Is this disrespectful? I didn't make any bad comment about Russian volleyball history.I talked about present and future.