2018 FIVB Volleyball Women's Nations League

• DR's beating Thailand in 3 sets is a surprise result to me..as i said before DR is not a bad team they have talent but what happened to Thailand why they lost 3-0 to DR at home ?

i saw most of that match. DOM beat THA in their last few encounters. actually i don't recall last time THA beat DOM, when both played with full A teams? THA passing was not very good, strangely enough. and DOM played very cohesively, they served very tough, and their defense and counter-attack improved a lot.

• woke up at 4 am to watch DOM x USA. DOM seems to have improved somewhat although still not good enough. i honestly don't get why kwiek likes eve-mejia as OH. supposedly she's one of DOM's better passers, but she shanked so many balls today, she looked like kosheleva. and she can't kill a ball for the most part.

how many times can bartsch hit the pipe with no block????? marte had a tough time with the bad passing and hardly set the middles. also valdez didn't play at all, and she is better still than arias.

• that annoying boom boom boom is in every stadium! just like the monster block "music". must be a fivb thing.

I think Thailand just uses a couple drummers. I haven't seen one of the games there this week yet.

Just something about Hong Kong. They play it louder and play it more. And whomever does the PA whoop whoop announcing is obnoxious--drowns out the commentary.

• Kurogo played a good game..nice for her.good game by Chinese Mbs..bad games by Japanese MBs,especially by Okumura.

I finally got to watch the JPN v CHN match. Watching it I was thinking how awesome Okumura is playing. She's one of those players that is involved in every play instead of waiting around to see if the play is going to involve her. Like a libero/MB combo. She made some fine sets as well. She's the kind of player I like. She didn't have a bad game at all.

Kurogo
    's problem has been confidence. She lost it all about midway through the V.League season. Taking Koga's place in the rotation probably did wonders for her confidence. I noticed it in the Italy game. She actually looked comfortable in her skin. She looked comfortable with her playing. She perspired! A wild transformation. Hope it keeps up, although she's not doing any better than Koga.

Hearing this commentator calling Tominaga -- Toe-ming-ga -- drives me crazy. It's not a mis-pronunciation. It's a mis-reading.

• I finally got to watch the JPN v CHN match. Watching it I was thinking how awesome Okumura is playing. She's one of those players that is involved in every play instead of waiting around to see if the play is going to involve her. Like a libero/MB combo. She made some fine sets as well. She's the kind of player I like. She didn't have a bad game at all.

Kurogo
    's problem has been confidence. She lost it all about midway through the V.League season. Taking Koga's place in the rotation probably did wonders for her confidence. I noticed it in the Italy game. She actually looked comfortable in her skin. She looked comfortable with her playing. She perspired! A wild transformation. Hope it keeps up, although she's not doing any better than Koga.

Hearing this commentator calling Tominaga -- Toe-ming-ga -- drives me crazy. It's not a mis-pronunciation. It's a mis-reading.

Who will be your ideal starting 6? We have Koga and Ishii on the outside with Kurogo and Shinnabe and Nagaoka and Horikawa on the opposite. It's tough to choose but I will go with Koga-Ishii-Nagaoka trio although I really want Shinnabe there to stabilize the passing and strengthen the defence.

• Who will be your ideal starting 6? We have Koga and Ishii on the outside with Kurogo and Shinnabe and Nagaoka and Horikawa on the opposite. It's tough to choose but I will go with Koga-Ishii-Nagaoka trio although I really want Shinnabe there to stabilize the passing and strengthen the defence.

this trio is good..
    @sitenoise..to be honest,i commented on the Mbs through the stats, i didnt watch the replay..Okumura's stats didnt look good enough to me but she could have done better than what the stats say

• i said Turkey could beat Germany but Germany is the traditional opponent of Turkey and whatever lineups they play with,they always play well against Turkey :thumbsup:

It depends always on the current rosters, and in this very moment, Turkey is clear-cut favourite for me against Germany. But I will witness it myself in Porsche Arena in Stuttgart soon (midth of June) in last pool week of the competition.

• my bet is brazil with the same team;
    Netheralnds sloetjes balkestein

its me!
    i expect a good battle :box:
    this will be a good test for both teams ...
    also will be good for players like Drussyla to show up...i hope MB Carol will be on the court..she can also do what Adenizia can do..i hope Tandara has saved some energy for this match.

• A typical match Germany vs. Dominican Republic - close, but the level was often higher in the past. Ironically speaking, the worse team lost the first set (too many errors in crunch time by DomRep), after DomRep had already built up a promising lead in the midth of the set.

• Germany is doing much better in second set..DR with many unforced errors..thats the weak point of their game to face
    the teams play better or worse but every team in this VNL has a "level" except Argentina which has also had some good moments in the matches

• Second set was relatively one-sided, Germany overall playing better now, but DomRep rather shaky. At least a further point for German NT now already for the table... Lippmann kills many balls again, for stronger opponents this will be not enough of course (as seen previously).