You are not logged in.

world volleyball coaches show 2018 header

Dear visitor, welcome to Inside VolleyCountry. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

tomen

Master

• "tomen" is male

Favourite Team: Chinese NT (W/M) Russian NT (M/W) Italian NT (W/M) Polish NT (M/W)

Favourite Players: Manon Flier, Zhu Ting, Jiang Chuan

Thursday, May 31st 2018, 4:23pm

I'm waiting for Yuan Xin-yue and Zeng Chun-lei.
Of course, and Zhang Chang-ning
My favourite roster of Chinese
male NT:
S - Li Run-ming, Zhan Guo-jun
OP - Dai Qing-yao, Jiang Chuan
OH - Ji Dao-shuai, Xia Run-tao, Liu Li-bin, Zhang Chen
MB - Zhang Zhe-jia, Chen Long-hai, Geng Xin
L - Ren Qi

female NT:
S - Ding Xia, Yao Di
OP - Gong Xiang-yu, Zhang Chang-ning
OH - Hui Ruo-qi, Zhu Ting, Liu Xiao-tong, Li Jing
MB - Yuan Xin-yue, Yan Ni, Xu Yun-li
L - Lin Li

My avatar is Jiang Chuan. I hope more persons love him.

nix_nech

Beginner

• "nix_nech" is male

About me:

Favourite Team: NT China, NT USA

Favourite Players: Zhang Changning, Zhu Ting

Thursday, May 31st 2018, 5:04pm

Still the Italian team did a great job in defending Zhu Ting. I was amazed that they were always in the right place to dig her spikes.
How did they do it? it was rare to see a frustrated Queen Zhu.

Thursday, May 31st 2018, 5:06pm

Kurogo played a good game..nice for her.good game by Chinese Mbs..bad games by Japanese MBs,especially by Okumura.

I finally got to watch the JPN v CHN match. Watching it I was thinking how awesome Okumura is playing. She's one of those players that is involved in every play instead of waiting around to see if the play is going to involve her. Like a libero/MB combo. She made some fine sets as well. She's the kind of player I like. She didn't have a bad game at all.

Kurogo
's problem has been confidence. She lost it all about midway through the V.League season. Taking Koga's place in the rotation probably did wonders for her confidence. I noticed it in the Italy game. She actually looked comfortable in her skin. She looked comfortable with her playing. She perspired! A wild transformation. Hope it keeps up, although she's not doing any better than Koga.

Hearing this commentator calling Tominaga -- Toe-ming-ga -- drives me crazy. It's not a mis-pronunciation. It's a mis-reading.
Who will be your ideal starting 6? We have Koga and Ishii on the outside with Kurogo and Shinnabe and Nagaoka and Horikawa on the opposite. It's tough to choose but I will go with Koga-Ishii-Nagaoka trio although I really want Shinnabe there to stabilize the passing and strengthen the defence.

It's tough call for a number of reasons: I haven't seen Nagaoka play in over a year. Her injury could be career ending for all we may come to find out.

The Hisamitsu girls play better with one another. Yuki is better without Koga on the floor.

Koga plays better with Nabeya than with Yuki.

I don't like Uchiseto but she has been the most stable receiver--along with Risa.

I'd go with :
Koga/Nabeya, (Nabeya is a good receiver as well and watching the V.League she strikes me as the most improved and improving of the stars) Alternate Yuki as needed.
I'd start Risa at opposite (she is a vastly underrated hitter from that side) and switch her with Horikawa for short bursts (second set maybe). Horikawa can beast it but for only short periods.

Okumura/Iwasaka and Kitoe. It appears to me that Kitoe's injury (or whatever) has subsided. She is back up to speed. Happy!

I'm still not won over by Korogo. She played great in the first half of V.League. I think she needs to be coddled. That doesn't make for a good someone you can rely on.

I think if Nakada would have given Koga's starting spot to Arisa Inoue, she would have performed just as well as Kurogo has done--which hasn't really been that good if you watch her.

I don't know what has happened to Yuki.

Spyro

Trainee

Favourite Players: Sokolova,Zhu,Kim,Gioli,Del Core

Thursday, May 31st 2018, 5:10pm

I think Li Yingying was not bad at all today, but Lang Ping took her out very soon . She should be tried as opposite imo. For the Italian side Sylla was very inspired but she kept hitting in the same direction,I think the Chinese could've done better to stop her. De Gennaro was great in defense.

StefanS

Professional

• "StefanS" is male

About me: Team Europa member of Allianz MTV Stuttgart

Favourite Team: Allianz MTV Stuttgart, UYBA Busto Arsizio

Thursday, May 31st 2018, 5:46pm

It seems, that Korea without Kim is easy prey for Poland, which will rise to 11 in the table now winning in three, and overtaking Germany by a very small margin (one set more won).

Thursday, May 31st 2018, 5:50pm

China was bad in pretty much every aspect. Reception, bad. Setter, bad. Attacking, horrible. Blocking, nightmare. Service, bad. :cursing:

Thursday, May 31st 2018, 6:05pm

Malygna looks like a robot on court.. she doesn't seem as tall as Gamova to me

Mapuan

I want you!

• "Mapuan" is male

Favourite Team: USA NT

Favourite Players: Hooker, Lloyd, Anderson, Jaeschke, Sander, Bartmann, Tonitui, Holt, Christensen, Kubiak

Thursday, May 31st 2018, 6:10pm

Wow, even Hancock is not allowed to jump serve anymore? Not even at 24:10??
She has on of the most effective jump serves and now she’s just doing floaters. I understand though because she’s not a starter and jump serves need time for a player to ger heated.

beri

Master

• "beri" is female

Favourite Team: Fenerbahce, Bursa BBSK, Seramiksan, Turkish NT & Serbian NT & Italian NT

Favourite Players: KIM YK & EDA ERDEM & MIREYA LUIS

Thursday, May 31st 2018, 6:49pm

belgium is pushing!

About me: Favorite teams: M: USA, Serbia, Italy,Russia, Perugia, PGE Skra, Taubate W: Brazil, Japan, Serbia, wherever club Queen Sheilla is at...

"Be careful how you treat people. What you do to others has a funny way of coming back on you..."

Thursday, May 31st 2018, 7:12pm

Efimova just lost her place to 20 year old Lazarenko and short russian blocker(for their standard) Lyubushkina.

That happens when you think about heels and lipstick more than the volleyball. Just pretty alone won't get you nowhere in sports. She better work harder or impress in the next games to turn her fate around.
Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

Matthias

Setter & Coach

• "Matthias" is male

Thursday, May 31st 2018, 7:16pm

Efimova just lost her place to 20 year old Lazarenko and short russian blocker(for their standard) Lyubushkina.

That happens when you think about heels and lipstick more than the volleyball. Just pretty alone won't get you nowhere in sports. She better work harder or impress in the next games to turn her fate around.
It's nothing about "fate". Obviously Pankov, like almost all other coaches, uses VNL to get to see ALL of his players on court.

JoanaBG

Professional

• "JoanaBG" is female
  • "JoanaBG" started this thread

Thursday, May 31st 2018, 7:22pm

Besides, Lyubushkina is a much more established player at this point, so it makes little sense that a relative newcomer like Efimova would "lose" her place to her.

inc0gnito

Intermediate

Favourite Team: Russian NT, Serbia NT

Favourite Players: W: Nataliya Goncharova, Irina Fetisova, Tatiana Kosheleva, Evgeniya Startseva, Stefana Veljkovic, Maja Ognejovic, Saori Kimura, Thaisa Menesez M: Maxim Mikhaylov

Thursday, May 31st 2018, 7:23pm

I agree she is unimpressive so far in this tournament, especially with her block (or lack thereof) I remember last year she played much better. Only MBs Koroleva and Fetisova have their spots secured in NT.

About me: Favorite teams: M: USA, Serbia, Italy,Russia, Perugia, PGE Skra, Taubate W: Brazil, Japan, Serbia, wherever club Queen Sheilla is at...

"Be careful how you treat people. What you do to others has a funny way of coming back on you..."

Thursday, May 31st 2018, 7:26pm

It's nothing about "fate". Obviously Pankov, like almost all other coaches, uses VNL to get to see ALL of his players on court.

Well fate is against her making it to the world championship. I just can't see her in Japan on September when she's just too lazy. She can't even move her butt and stand up with the other girls when she was benched. Maybe the coaches said she stay there with them but I just can never appreciate a benched starter sitting with them when she was playing bad. :white:
Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

• "Mkmalaluan" is male

Favourite Team: Brazil

Favourite Players: Fe garay, tandara, roberta, bia, natalia, drussyla, adenizia, rosamaria, bruna

Thursday, May 31st 2018, 7:28pm

Netherlands vs brazil is on

who is watching live???

joanamss

Volleyball Lover!

• "joanamss" is female

Favourite Team: Zanetti Bergamo (Italy), Sesc-RJ (Brazil)NT: Italy, Holland, Serbia, USA, Germany (women); Brazil (men)

Favourite Players: Ognjenovic, Piccinini, Fürst, Pavan, Merlo, Kozuch, Klineman, Ortolani, Robinson, Mihajlovic, Vasileva, Plak, Fiorin, Thompson, Amanda

Thursday, May 31st 2018, 7:30pm

Question....what are the simbols Koolhaas does during national anthem? Does she do dutch sign language or something? I am intrigued..

Thursday, May 31st 2018, 7:50pm

I just saw Flier in the audience.

Loyd

Intermediate

• "Loyd" is male

About me:

No matter who you are, or where you come from, if you’ve got a dream there’s no one out there that can stop you from achieving it

Favourite Team: PGE Atom Trefl Sopot, Fenerbahce, BKS Aluprof Bielsko-Biała,

Favourite Players: Joanna Wołosz, Berenika Tomsia, Kasia Skorupa, Kasia Skowrońska, Aleksandra Trojan, Logan Tom, Jordan Larson, Foluke Akinradewo, Alisha Glass

Thursday, May 31st 2018, 8:03pm

Tandara's always delivering what it takes in the most important part of set :super:

Loyd

Intermediate

• "Loyd" is male

About me:

No matter who you are, or where you come from, if you’ve got a dream there’s no one out there that can stop you from achieving it

Favourite Team: PGE Atom Trefl Sopot, Fenerbahce, BKS Aluprof Bielsko-Biała,

Favourite Players: Joanna Wołosz, Berenika Tomsia, Kasia Skorupa, Kasia Skowrońska, Aleksandra Trojan, Logan Tom, Jordan Larson, Foluke Akinradewo, Alisha Glass

Thursday, May 31st 2018, 8:07pm

Lonneke is not convincing so far, I won't be suprised if she lose her spot in the starting six.

beri

Master

• "beri" is female

Favourite Team: Fenerbahce, Bursa BBSK, Seramiksan, Turkish NT & Serbian NT & Italian NT

Favourite Players: KIM YK & EDA ERDEM & MIREYA LUIS

Thursday, May 31st 2018, 8:08pm

I will be honest I have underrated Tandara a lot before. She is definitely a top Opp, one of the best atm