2018 FIVB Volleyball Women's Nations League

• Having watched all teams at least twice now, I have to say Tijana seems to be the most powerful female player, Tandara is close and I thought she would be 1 but Tijana hit consistently around 100km/h today :white:

Actually, Tandara has surpassed 105km/h in some spikes, then she has shown to be the most powerful female player. Since she is not that tall, she must balance power sometimes, whereas Boskovic has a better reach to use power more often.

• i tried to watch Serbia vs. Turkey match but the stream was so bad that it was freezing every other 2 seconds .i didnt get much from the match.. i have to watch replay.

Congrats to Tijana,Raşiç and their teaammates.
    Turkish girls played better than i expected indeed .i said i just wanted to see some fight.they fought very well and played head to head with Serbia. i have to see the replay to have a better opinion.Hande's serve error at 24-23 hurt indeed.the team had fought very well till that moment and that mistake at the most important moment shouldnt have happened
    i think Meryem Simge, Cansu,Eda and Zehra played a solid game.Şeyma was not bad according to the stats.Meliha could have done better offensively.
    Şeyma's passing was pretty shaky at the first set which was the only set i was able to watch without any freezing.as the first set was progressing head to head Şeyma's and Meliha (?) passing errrs cost the set.Turkey with its serves also damaged Serbian reception a lot.
    as in Russian match...i dont know what happened to them in the fourth set as they were leading 2-1...Guidetti should work on that

of Serbia Tijana and Milena played a good match..Mihajlovic too.this match has been very useful for them as well.bcz Terzic saw his team's weak points : passing ,setting etc..

• Brazil vs. Netherlands , i wanted to watch this match but i couldnt find any working live streams.seems it was a very close match except third set.I respect Tandara.she is much shorter than her counterparts but still one of the best OPPs in the world currently :obey: Ze Roberto should give her some rest at week 4

Congrats to Italy..good win over China.Good game by Egonu and nice lady Sylla.with this win they have shown that they are also in the race for f6

clear win by Poland over Korea.Polish duo did a good job again.
    Turkey-Russia-Italy and Japan are in the race
    the stats of fivb will kill me :mad: :aww: :down: shame on you fivb !

• Russian players have problem with Turkish, Brazilian players, sometimes Italian players too. They most time said that they didn't like Brazilian, Turkish players' attitudes on court, they were looking at them laughing, try to destroy their nerve. I don't think our players are cold towards others. They are obvious don't like Turkish, Brazilian players. I remember Kosha had problem with Boskovic too. They are playing volleyball on court and everything affect them. Our players were guests of TV programs and they most time said that their problem with Turkish, Brazilian, sometimes Serbian and Italian players too. It is not related to be cold blooded. I think it is something personally stuff

Yeah, it's all those other girl's fault. Heaven forbid that the factor in common, Russian girls, be guilty of anything! All the rest of the world is against them!

:gone: :gone:

• Yeah, it's all those other girl's fault. Heaven forbid that the factor in common, Russian girls, be guilty of anything! All the rest of the world is against them!

:rolll: Yea ahaha he's like: Indeed Russian girls dislike the Turkish players and the Brazilian players, yea maybe they also dislike Italians. And oh well they don't like the Serbians either. Other then that they dislike only DR, Netherlands, China, Japan, Korea, Poland etc. It is just personal, the Russians are clearly not the problem :mirror: Even though most others seem to be getting along very well. :sos:

lol in all seriousness I do like some Russian players and not all of them are cold, Gamova is such a sweety for example and I LUV Kosheleva as well. Not to mention I have been a fan of Zaryazhko's eyebrows for years now, I could only wish mine could ever be that snatched.

Btw: I just realized I said Gamova is such a sweety :lol: I know on court she can seem wild at times but in her personal life from what I have seen she seems like genuinely a wonderful person

• Yeah, it's all those other girl's fault. Heaven forbid that the factor in common, Russian girls, be guilty of anything! All the rest of the world is against them!

I agree very much on this. As far as I am concern, players like Kosheleva and Fetisova are the only "warm" players I have seen from Russia -- and Sokolova, too. All the other players seem cold. It's like the infamous "queen of ice" Marieanne Steinbrecher but the difference is Mari didn't come across as mean. She just doesn't smile on court. On the other hand, Russian players always intimidate others, mocking others, and they don't usually say sorry when they hit someone on the face etc. Remember when Kosheleva crossed the net to get to the other court to hug that small Japanese setter after she hit her on the face? That is like one in a billion coming from Russia.

Russia is a cold country, and I am not talking about the temperature. You don't see players from Brazil, Italy, and Serbia having a go at each other. Russia is the one common factor here.

• :rolll: Yea ahaha he's like: Indeed Russian girls dislike the Turkish players and the Brazilian players, yea maybe they also dislike Italians. And oh well they don't like the Serbians either. Other then that they dislike only DR, Netherlands, China, Japan, Korea, Poland etc. It is just personal, the Russians are clearly not the problem :mirror: Even though most others seem to be getting along very well. :sos:

lol in all seriousness I do like some Russian players and not all of them are cold, Gamova is such a sweety for example and I LUV Kosheleva as well. Not to mention I have been a fan of Zaryazhko's eyebrows for years now, I could only wish mine could ever be that snatched.

Btw: I just realized I said Gamova is such a sweety :lol: I know on court she can seem wild at times but in her personal life from what I have seen she seems like genuinely a wonderful person

The only Russian player I ever had problem with, attitude-wise, is Kosheleva. The ice-queen personas of Gamova and Goncharova, I never had issue with. Indeed, I welcomed it, as something adding to the flavour of volleyball. :win:

But no matter how much the fiery passion of Kosheleva's has endured her to many fans, sometimes it led to her to pick completely unnecessary feuds and spats. Indeed, the instance that most sticks to mind is the spat Koshe had with Boskovic in 2015, during World Cup. This is the same Boskovic who never before or after had any feud or argument with any other player, and for whom no one has said a bad word, for being a troublemaker or anything of the sort.

In Russia-Serbia match, Koshe on several occasions indulged in a very obvious thrash-talk when she would score over Tijana (complete with yelling in her direction). It got so ugly-looking that even Goncharova, ice-queen that she is, had to visibly restrain Koshe, and to tell her to quit it (as well as raise a hand in apology toward Tijana).

• I'm not the one actually that said they didn't, it was LLOYD :wavy:
    I just responded to Janko with a sarcastic post

Btw I agree about Koshe! Janko that was really bad of her esp. Tijana was (and is) SOO young back then, it was almost pathetic. I think however she just lost herself in the moment and they are friends now and have resolved that. I believe deep down Kosheleva has a heart of gold. It is just her passion is a little too much even for her own good sometimes, but that's also the exact reason I love her

• Netherlands is letting Brazil win..

:rolll: :rolll: :rolll: :rolll: :rolll: :rolll: :rolll:

I can't believe the things people say here about Brazilian NT and about the fans. It's pure racism.
    I'm sure almost 100% of the players have nice things to say about the Brazilian players, Brazilian fans and Brazilian league...but HEY, let's use a sentence from the "amazing" Schcherban and take it as the truth.

• Having watched all teams at least twice now, I have to say Tijana seems to be the most powerful female player, Tandara is close and I thought she would be 1 but Tijana hit consistently around 100km/h today :white:

in the game against netherlands, she had 3 spikes over 100 km/h