You are not logged in.

world volleyball coaches show 2018 header

Dear visitor, welcome to Inside VolleyCountry. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Friday, June 1st 2018, 6:49pm

Among the four strong teams (China, Brazil, Serbia and USA), Serbia is the only team wasn't beaten by a weaker team as host. The lunatic who had bet on Germany defeats Brazil must be very rich now. :cheesy:

Mimek

Intermediate

• "Mimek" is male

Favourite Team: NTs: POL(F/M) USA(F) ITA(F), Impel Wrocław, Unendo Yammamay Busto Arsizio, Vakifbank Istanbul

Favourite Players: Skowrońska, Wołosz, Havelkova, Tomsia. Ognjenovic, Sloetjes, Jaqueline, Hooker, de Kruijf, Egonu, Gennari

Friday, June 1st 2018, 7:25pm

Only one team will be relegated?

StefanS

Professional

• "StefanS" is male

About me: Team Europa member of Allianz MTV Stuttgart

Favourite Team: Allianz MTV Stuttgart, UYBA Busto Arsizio

Friday, June 1st 2018, 11:15pm

Yes. But they have even the chance to defeat the best Challenger team at the end, so even last place among challenger teams doesn't necessarily mean vanishing from this competition.

Saturday, June 2nd 2018, 12:02am

yes, but i doubt ARG can beat PUR or whatever euro teams are in the running in the challenger cup (which are they anyway?).

fivb website is so pathetic as it does not contain info on the challenger league.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "ossubtus" (Jun 2nd 2018, 2:45am)

Saturday, June 2nd 2018, 2:43am

i just finished watching ITA x CHN. wow, sylla had the match of her life... ITA block and defense coordination was really good.

Saturday, June 2nd 2018, 5:31am

Big week coming up for the USA with Russia, Brazil, and China. With the US not in the "develop the pipe line mode" they will want to win all three of these matches but especially Brazil which is playing its A team. Hill and Larson will probably start two out of the three matches. At OP we will see if Drews takes over the #1 spot from Murphy. Foluke remains the #1 MB'er but the #2 spot seems up for grabs between the other three with Gibby being the blocking leader. Expect no change with Robinson and Lloyd and I'm sure Karch will continue with the double sub.

The one thing that I will be curious to see is if the US gets in trouble playing their current OP's whether Karch will really shake things up and put Bartsch over at OP. I think that would be their strongest lineup.

StefanS

Professional

• "StefanS" is male

Saturday, June 2nd 2018, 7:43am

The weakest pool of the whole competition will be next week in Poland (Lodz) with the hosts, Germany, Belgium and Argentina (the last are supposed to lose all three matches anyway...).

StefanS

Professional

• "StefanS" is male

Saturday, June 2nd 2018, 7:45am

yes, but i doubt ARG can beat PUR or whatever euro teams are in the running in the challenger cup (which are they anyway?).

fivb website is so pathetic as it does not contain info on the challenger league.

Look in neighbor thread here, I made an update now:

FIVB challenger cup

Saturday, June 2nd 2018, 10:04am

The weakest pool of the whole competition will be next week in Poland (Lodz) with the hosts, Germany, Belgium and Argentina (the last are supposed to lose all three matches anyway...).

Germany - Belgium wil be nice. :D

Yes. But they have even the chance to defeat the best Challenger team at the end, so even last place among challenger teams doesn't necessarily mean vanishing from this competition.

this doesnt make sense to me. if the team coming from the Challenger round loses to the last of VNL this would mean all of its struggle,wins,fights go to trash can..
this two shouldnt play a last match to determine which to compete in VNL next season.. the winner of Challenger round should directly be able to compete in VNL after it is done
meso mi ra se beno...

Saturday, June 2nd 2018, 12:43pm

i couldnt watch Serbia vs. Turkey match fluently due to the quality of stream
i found a replay of it which i shared at multimedia thread of VNL
Congrats to Tijana once again .i couldnt get a lot from her performance bcz the stream was freezing on and on.now i see she decided the result with her wonderful game

i wish Guidetti had added OH Tuğba Şenoğlu and setter Ezgi Dilik to the wide roster.Tuğba could have played instead of Meliha and Şeyma in some moments and matches
i dont want to judge setter Aslıhan Kılıç perf. with that short time she stayed on the court but Ezgi Dilik was ready to play..her only disadv. is her height
meso mi ra se beno...

Janko

Intermediate

• "Janko" is male

Favourite Team: Serbia NT (F/M), Netherlands NT (F), Dominican Republic NT (F), Turkey NT (F), Eczacıbaşı, VakifBank

Favourite Players: Tijana Boskovic, Stefana Veljkovic, Jovana Brakocevic, Maja Ognjenovic, Milena Rasic, Katarina Lazovic, Kim Yeon-koung, Robin de Kruijf, Celeste Plak, Hande Baladin, Kübra Akman , Zehra Güneş, Cristina Chirichella, Brenda Castillo, Brayelin Martínez, Irina Fetisova

Saturday, June 2nd 2018, 1:17pm

Yeah, Ezgi is very short, unfortunately. Too bad, since it does constitute a disadvantage and she has some talent. It would be a shame for that talent to go to waste.

Btw, I see I forgot to say how amazed I was (again) by Zehra's performance! She seems to progress every day this summer! Congrats Turkish posters, you have already found a worthy heir to Eda Erdem! :drink:

Saturday, June 2nd 2018, 2:09pm

There were some users last year, after Ebrar’s performance in U23, claiming Ebrar is the perfect OPP this team needs and Gui should invite her immedialtely to the team just 1 week before ECH. Hope they see that she needs time to develep a lot. I am not saying special she won’t be a good player, I am just saying don’t judge a player based on a young team performance or one match. Until now, she showed nothing and we see that she has to play more in a senior level. Hope she gets more time to play in the next weeks and prove herself. I really would love to see her performing in a high level.

StefanS

Professional

• "StefanS" is male

Saturday, June 2nd 2018, 2:46pm

Germany - Belgium wil be nice. :D

this doesnt make sense to me. if the team coming from the Challenger round loses to the last of VNL this would mean all of its struggle,wins,fights go to trash can..
this two shouldnt play a last match to determine which to compete in VNL next season.. the winner of Challenger round should directly be able to compete in VNL after it is done

I have not invented this mode, which contradicts "best" (?) practice from previous World Grand Prix indeed. But the way the FIVB acts can be criticed in many way...

Saturday, June 2nd 2018, 2:48pm

There were some users last year, after Ebrar’s performance in U23, claiming Ebrar is the perfect OPP this team needs and Gui should invite her immedialtely to the team just 1 week before ECH. Hope they see that she needs time to develep a lot. I am not saying special she won’t be a good player, I am just saying don’t judge a player based on a young team performance or one match. Until now, she showed nothing and we see that she has to play more in a senior level. Hope she gets more time to play in the next weeks and prove herself. I really would love to see her performing in a high level.

I agree completely

This post by "Canter" (Saturday, June 2nd 2018, 7:36pm) has been deleted by the author himself (Saturday, June 2nd 2018, 8:26pm)

Sunday, June 3rd 2018, 3:39am

Color me harsh but I don't have much sympathy for the whiners that think playing three games of Volleyball a week for six or seven weeks is abusive. If you don't think your team can handle it, pass on it. Or manage things accordingly, as some teams are doing. I know it impacts the all important Continental Euro leagues, and there are at least one or two other international tournaments each year, but it is what it is. It doesn't seem outrageous to me. Choose your priorities. Try telling a coal miner or an Amazon warehouse grunt how grueling it is flying around the world a couple times a week for a while. It's the job, the life, that some have chosen, knowing what it involves.

Maybe if enough top teams back out FIVB will re-evaluate.

The Serbia coach and the Turkish dude are just professional whiners. Brazil too, as far as I can tell. Just watch them some time. It's built into their personalities. It's what they do. They take it out on their players and the referees, and anybody else that shows up. I'm not impressed.

JoanaBG

Professional

• "JoanaBG" is female
  • "JoanaBG" started this thread

Sunday, June 3rd 2018, 4:12am

They can't all be perfect like the Japanese.

Sunday, June 3rd 2018, 4:15am

That's silly and unfair, trying to make it about me. You've obviously not read much of what I write about the Japanese Team.

Sunday, June 3rd 2018, 4:18am

in that context tho Japanese players are always calm. they don't complain to the referee, and if they do, only the captain speaks out. the same goes to their coaches and stuffs. this team never whines.

saishuu

Master

• "saishuu" is male

Favourite Team: BRA (M/F); Trentino, Minas Tênis Clube

Sunday, June 3rd 2018, 4:21am

The Serbia coach and the Turkish dude are just professional whiners. Brazil too, as far as I can tell. Just watch them some time. It's built into their personalities. It's what they do. They take it out on their players and the referees, and anybody else that shows up. I'm not impressed.
ZRG (Brazil's coach) is surprisingly quite chill this year. :lol: Did you ever watch Bernardinho? You'd be terrified.
Gold - European Championship 2013 (M) Prediction Game
Bronze - World Championship 2014 (W) Prediction Game