2018 U19 European Championship

• 2nd round of qualification matches are played this weekend, winners are qualified to ECH, 2nd ranked teams and the best 3rd ranked will compete in 3rd round.

The decisive match GER-POL will be streamed tonight 19.00 CET on https://www.facebook.com/VolleyballTeamDeutschland/ and http://www.sportdeutschland.tv
    Both teams won easily against Portugal and Latvia with similar set scores so it could be an interesting match. For Germany it seems to be a quite talented generation, many of the girls have already played in Bundesliga this season with VCO Berlin but also in "real" professional teams.

• Is Alexandra Gryka related to Magdalena?

I don't think so :)

Yes, Poland has Magdalena Stysiak who's 202 cm tall. She played for U19 team like 3 years ago, then she had some health issues.

• Zuzanna Górecka is really talented, if she will develop well, she can be all-round OH.

• Canter why Ebrar didn't played ? I I mean Vakifbank already signed her, they don't want her to got injury or She is not playing they expected ??

• I think Ebrar is already a few levels above the other girls in U19 Turkish NT. Probably Gio will rather use her in VNL and regular NT then here.

Ebrar started yesterday but was subbed out with 2/6 pts but 3 err and 1 blocked in attack :whistle:
    Probably she didn't prepare very much with the team because she joined Vakifbank for the last two final matches.

• Oh I didn't look at the stats, I hope she gets some more playing time then quick. Turkish coaches always sub her way too easily compared to other players probably bcs they don't like her attitude... Just like Ataman last year, if they continue like this they will break her spirit eventually :thumbdown:

• I just watched some her videos, Yeah She is great talent but my God what bad attitude She has. :S

• Derya is gonna be such a good OH if she keeps improving. Not only her height, but her technique looks great both in attacking and receiving.

I also like Saliha Sahin.

Ebrar was exhausted, she joined the team right before the 1st match so she performed terrible. I guess she will play in finals.

• Ebrar has a really bad attitude which she has to change immidiately otherwise she will get in trouble with coaches referees and a lot of more. I don‘t know why but even off court she has a cold masculine in a way angry attitude on pictures. I have never seen her smiling or even close to that.

• Ebrar has a really bad attitude which she has to change immidiately otherwise she will get in trouble with coaches referees and a lot of more. I don‘t know why but even off court she has a cold masculine in a way angry attitude on pictures. I have never seen her smiling or even close to that.

I think she is a nice girl, that's just how she looks. So far, the only time I saw her being disrespectful was while Turkey played this world U18 tournament last summer, I think it was against Italy. Other than that, she just looks that way and probably feels comfortable that way. We need to accept that some girls like to be feminine and pretty while some others can very well be butch. I just hope she will learn to respect to her trainers, referees but especially to her opponents.

P.s. I think her teammates like her, she has many pictures where they seem close. So that is probably how she looks to us.

The attitude (if we count the time she celebrated looking at the Italy players last year) is indeed a problem, but having a more "masculine" quality to her isn't and shouldn't be a problem. Everyone should be free to act as they wish. Saying women should smile more often is also, to be honest, a very sexist thing to say; she shouldn't mold her personality simply to please others.

Also, which is more important and really key here, she's only 18.