2018 U19 European Championship

• Yes sure you are right and she doesn‘t have to smile if she is who she is and comfortable. I just got the feeling that she is making those facial expressions like looking way to serious for example for a winning pose on purpose on the pictures.
    And sure she can be masculine which is not a problem but she catches your attention with that attitude which is not linked with a negative meaning.

Judging her as a spectator she looks like she may have serious problems with coaches in a few years when her confidence grows and realizes how important she is for the future of turkish volleyball. I am judging her with almost no knowledge about her as we couldn‘t watch her regularly but she reminds me as the female version of Ngapeth, as she could be difficult to work with, but as I mentioned before just first expressions nothing serious and it can turn out completely different.

• I am curious to see her with Guidetti, either Gui will train her to calm down or they both keep the same attitude and make Vakıf most repulsive team ever :whistling:

• Turkey beat Spain 3-1 and is qualified directly to the U19 ECH finals..

two most promising players of this generation played a good game
    Ebrar Karakurt with 22 (% 53) points and Derya Cebecioğlu with 21 points (% 43)
    Derya's 21 points more important to me bcz she also received 15 balls 2 errors and with 73 positive and 47 excellent and made 3 blocks and 1 ace
    Mb Merve Atlıer 10 points with % 73
    seems Atlıer gets few balls but plays with a good percent (at least it is so in the last two matches).she also seems to be a promising MB

• i just checked MB Merve Atlıer's stats :

she played with :
    11 pts (6 blocks) % 50 against home team Slovakia
    10 pts (4 blocks ) % 50 against Croatia
    10 poinst (1 block) % 73 against Spain

so Ebrar ( 194 cm) ,Derya (185 cm) and Merve (192cm) are the promising players of this generation..

• You will find them later on cev website: https://www.cev.eu/Competition…ion.aspx?ID=1060&PID=1590

They are not available yet.

I know polish roster:

Paulina Zaborowska - setter / 179 cm / young team Legionovia

Gabriela Makarowska - setter / 170 cm / San Pajda Jarosław

Klaudia Laskowska - MB / 188 cm / young Pałac Bydgoszcz

Adrianna Rybak - MB / 188 cm / Gedania Gdańsk

Julia Szczurowska - Opp / 188 cm / RC Cannes

Weronika Centka - MB / 191 cm / Budowlani Łódź

Paulina Damaske - OH / 178 cm / APS Rumia

Aleksandra Gryka - MB / 187 cm / Legionovia

Monika Jagła - L / 177 cm / Pałac Bydgoszcz

Weronika Szlagowska - OH / 188 cm / young Pałac Bydgoszcz

Zuzanna Górecka - OH / 181 cm / Legionovia

Oliwia Bałuk - OH / 175 cm / SMS Police

Karolina Garstka - L / 173 cm / Lider Konstantynów Łódzki

Magdalena Stysiak - Opp / 202 cm / Chemik Police

• Turkey beat Slovakia : 3-0

Both MBs played a good game

the last set is seen to have been competitive

Nazlı Eda Kafkas was the setter

Ilkin Aydın played as OPP

Derya Cebecioğlu and Yaprak Erkek were the OHs

Merve Atlıer and Ezgi Kara were the Mbs

and the libero was Simay Kurt

Ilkin Aydın's playing OPP looked interesting to me ( you can remember her from Galatasaray mainly standing on the bench)

coach Şahin Çatma is not my fav..

• btw..i missed the first day..Germany beat Turkey 3-2...i checked the stats..a few German girls' percent are good..they as whole team attacked much better than Turkish girls...congrats!

this pool seems pretty tough...Russia,Serbia,Germany and Turkey ..if im not mistaken the top 2 will advance to the semis...so those four teams have their chances....

• Russia and Italy displayed superiour performances so far, Russia even secured group victory before todays last group matches, while Italy "only" secured semi final participation.

The most interesting fight is today in Russian pool: Serbia, Turkey and Germany have all still chances, to be the second semi final participant of the group; while Serbia is obviously easily winning against Slovakia, they have to hope for less dominance (at least) of Turkey against France and that number one Russia, clear-cut favourite against Germany, is not giving away the match...

• The decisions are essentially there, keeping a realistic attitude: Italy won easily against hosts Albania and secured the victory in their pool and top setting for the semis; Poland is also sure to be in the semis, because even losing 0:3 the final match they will stay ahead of main contender Belorus now (who lost one set).

Turkey managed a clear three set win against France and kicked Serbia out of contention for the semis; expecting Germany to win in three against pool winner Russia is IMHO completely unrealistic, and any other outcome will guarantee Turkey the last slot in the semis.

• The decisions are essentially there, keeping a realistic attitude: Italy won easily against hosts Albania and secured the victory in their pool and top setting for the semis; Poland is also sure to be in the semis, because even losing 0:3 the final match they will stay ahead of main contender Belorus now (who lost one set).

Turkey managed a clear three set win against France and kicked Serbia out of contention for the semis; expecting Germany to win in three against pool winner Russia is IMHO completely unrealistic, and any other outcome will guarantee Turkey the last slot in the semis.

In the previous championship that this generation competed (2017 CEV U18 Volleyball European Championship) the top 8 was as following:

1-RUSSIA

2-ITALY

3-BELARUS

4-SERBIA

5-SLOVENIA

6-GERMANY

7-THE NETHERLANDS

8-POLAND

Turkey was 11th :white: In the U18 WCH, the ranking was as following;

1-Italy

3-Russia

4-Turkey

6-Germany

9-Belarus

13-Serbia

15-Slovenia

16-Poland

It seems like Italy and Russia have the best generations in this age group while Serbia is not a medal contender anymore as they were in the previous age groups. Turkey will most likely reach the bronze since I don't think they can beat Italy in the absence of Opp Ebrar Karakurt who is currently training with senior NT. She was indeed the main reason why our team reached semis in last U18 WCh. I am surprised by the Polish team. They were quite bad in last WCh but it seems like their tall Opp makes the difference in this championship:white:

• I am surprised by the Polish team. They were quite bad in last WCh but it seems like their tall Opp makes the difference in this championship:white:

yes, she makes the difference. I hope she can improve her skills working with Abbondanza in Chemik. And she is 203 cm tall.

• Despite we have now the expected final Italy vs. Russia, only Italy was in safe control of the semi, they won in four against Turkey. Russia seemed lost in tie-break (0:1, 2:1 due sets, than level) at 5:10 against Poland, but they came back in the crunch time, defended one Polish matchball and won in the end 17:15 - I think they got enough self-confidence to do so by a strong tournament so far.

Fifth place match tomorrow is Serbia vs. Germany, in the pool stage Serbia won in three (what not necessarily means, it will happen again, of course).