Champions' League 2008/09

• For all you DELA Martinus fans out there, here is a link for their roster for 2008-2009 season: http://www.martinus.org/gb_nie…47a9415674a71ec27fd98f9b2

They seem to have a lot of younger players on this years team... :| I surely hope that is a good thing. Hopefully and I am sure Avital Selinger will work his magic and make the young players into superstars! :thumbsup:

• Damn, why isn't there any German team in CL? I don't think German league is so weak. But this season CL will include some Romanian and Czech team. Besides there is a team from Austria. What's going on?

• German teams don't have enough money to play in ECL.

And maybe the CEV federation ranking system is another reason for German teams, their ranking is only 26...

Lloyd + Naz + Wołosz + Hanke + Smutná + Mori
    Bokan + Zakrievskaja + Bricio + Vilponen + Jupïter + A.Lazić + Stepanova + Marković
    Onyejekwe + N.Dimitrova + Crkoňová + de Kruijf + Truškina + Thibeault + Omelčenko + Schauss
    Rourke + Bošković + Fabris + Kajalina + Collar + Simić + Miklai + Vasilantonaki
    Courtois + Venegas + Gaído + Castillo + Gómez + Kiselyova

• German teams don't have enough money to play in ECL.

Of course they dont have. You cant earn money from nothing...
    The female league should start taking german male teams as an example....

They should not be satisfied with finishing in the top 3 of the national championship and wait for the next season....
    They should try to get good sponsors who can help them to pay the money they need for the CL....
    Its so funny that teams from east europe are participating though these countries are not as rich as germany is...... so stupid.

It just shows how important volleyball is in Germany. :down:

• ı wonder that, if volleyball is not important and popüler in germany,how can you find talented players such as kozuch,hippe,fürst...? :whistle:

• ı wonder that, if volleyball is not important and popüler in germany,how can you find talented players such as kozuch,hippe,fürst...? :whistle:

Kozuch is Polish :P ;)

The most important 3:
    POLAND-SZCZECIN-VOLLEYBALL

5th place - Prediction Game - World League 2011 :D

thats just the good work of coaches etc...
    Imagine how many more good players we would have if there was proper investment in teams and clubs...

Take for example poland, which is definitely not a very rich country. But Volleyball is very popular, so there are many children who start playing it. Also with the aims of reaching the same results as their idols (as Skowronska or Swiderski)
    In Germany kids are starting to play volleyball just for fun, something to do after school, with no intentions at all. And since volleyball is not very popular in our country, kids usually start playing football or handball... girls generally start riding horses :D

So in poland there is a bigger concentration of good and talented players while in Germany we have just a handful those players.

• Kozuch is Polish :P ;)

really? :what: ı didn t know :wall:

• so Konrad, get over it :D

I have been trying :D

The most important 3:

• thats just the good work of coaches etc...
    Imagine how many more good players we would have if there was proper investment in teams and clubs...

Take for example poland, which is definitely not a very rich country. But Volleyball is very popular, so there are many children who start playing it. Also with the aims of reaching the same results as their idols (as Skowronska or Swiderski)
    In Germany kids are starting to play volleyball just for fun, something to do after school, with no intentions at all. And since volleyball is not very popular in our country, kids usually start playing football or handball... girls generally start riding horses :D

So in poland there is a bigger concentration of good and talented players while in Germany we have just a handful those players.

you are right.if volleyball is popüler in a country,there would be lots of talented and promising players.for example in turkey,noone talks about volleyball before 2003 we played final in European championchip.after that every family send their children to volleyball course and clubs like eczacıbaşı,vakıfbank güneş sigorta.now most of turkish likes volleyball.especially female volleyball :whistle: our junior teams player are choosen from hundreds young players.
    on the other hand,clubs have important effect on media. everybody knows eczacıbaşı volleyball teams in turkey.coz they have really important players in their roster and they take good results in european cubs.so volleyball is getting populer via eczacıbaşı and vakıfbank güneş sigorta etc.(even not more popüler in poland and japan)

• On the other hand, we have United States, where volleyball isn't definitely the most popular sport, but the have a lot of great players thanks to Universities.

The most important 3:

• Kozuch is Polish :P ;)

Ups! I always thought she's German! Hehe, the main 'engine' of a German team, the reason, why I liked them this year, is Polish :lol: ;)

• Well actually her parents are Polish, she was born and raised in Germany. She still has relatives in Poland and speaks the language but I'd rather call her German ;)

Ok, I won't change my sense of her :D ;)

• On the other hand, we have United States, where volleyball isn't definitely the most popular sport, but the have a lot of great players thanks to Universities.

But the united states have a great sports program in schools. They have their highschool teams and tournaments. That way they can develop great players, while in germany the sports classes in school are damn boring and no one actually gives a damn...

• But the united states have a great sports program in schools. They have their highschool teams and tournaments. That way they can develop great players, while in germany the sports classes in school are damn boring and no one actually gives a damn...

In Germany you got all those great "clubs" (vereine). You don't have that too often in the US. Better would be to have both! My school didn't have volleyball :( I played it in class, but it was more like basketball than volleyball....lots of carrying going on:)

• But the united states have a great sports program in schools. They have their highschool teams and tournaments. That way they can develop great players, while in germany the sports classes in school are damn boring and no one actually gives a damn...

I meant that, when I was writting about universities.

The most important 3:

• This is an interesting discussion... hehe :P

I meant that, when I was writting about universities.

Yes, here in USA we do have school sports at high school and university level. Just about every sport is played at these levels (basketball, tennis, futbol, volleyball, etc.). There is also "club volleyball" level, which is played from the ages of 13 to 18 during high school years. The club level is a combination of the best players from a specific area. So it is basically top notch high school competition. At least for volleyball, pretty much after university level there is nothing above it. The top university players usually go overseas to Europe or South America to play professionally. Or the players go for the AVP, which is professional beach volleyball league.

It is kind of interesing why volleyball is not that popular here. I wish it was, but I think the popularity of basketball (NBA), american football (NFL), hockey (NHL), and baseball (MLB) the other sports are caught in these shadows. :(

There are tons of great players here and I don't know why we don't take advantage of it. I also think it's pretty sad that just about everywhere I have been in USA, I have never seen a store that sells USA volleyball merchandise. ;( ;(

Even since USA women won silver medal and USA men win gold.