Champions' League 2008/09

• it is not just because of naz!!! :mad: it is about cuccarini's boring volleyball system!in my opinion you must think twice before making such as this -silly- coments :tzz:

and congratulation for bergamo, especially ortolani.she is getting better and better and show how she is a rising star.

she played like an idiot in final4 and she still does the same in play offs. You all have so much expectations of her but she just cant. Truth hurts.

• Why so aggressive? She is even not an average setter with her current perform. Everyone expects her to improve her game but she even plays worse than 2 years ago. Thats why she ends the matches on bench, in which she was in starting 6. Even technical staff thinks this way, so deal with it. Everyone who is realistic and objective can see this. Maybe you dont like to hear this because of your huge admiration and love to her but I am not the person to blame for her poor game.

• And who says the technical staff is right? I'm sorry, but Cuccarini certainly is not a very great coach, I think when he was in Italy he has quite often been sacked. And Eczacibasi played much more enjoyable when Motta was their coach. Now it is just high balls to Francia, and this is certainly NOT the fault of Naz, what can she do but following Cuccarini's orders??? Actually I don't think it matters who plays in this team with this coach as setter, probably even Lo Bianco and Fofao would seem dull if they'd play in this system!!

• Why so aggressive? She is even not an average setter with her current perform. Everyone expects her to improve her game but she even plays worse than 2 years ago. Thats why she ends the matches on bench, in which she was in starting 6. Even technical staff thinks this way, so deal with it. Everyone who is realistic and objective can see this. Maybe you dont like to hear this because of your huge admiration and love to her but I am not the person to blame for her poor game.

I should ask the same thing! I just replied in the same tone your message was written. So look in the mirror first.

I'd be the first one to agree Naz played a better game two years ago than she did now, even outperforming Bahar Mert at the time, but I think the reason for this lies somewhere else than her.

Your admiration of other Turkish setters lets you slander Naz and yet you accuse me... interesting....

• I don't agree that Naz played like an idiot during the IECL finals. In technical skill, she was even better than Pincerato during the bronze medal match. However, the team play and strategy was so predictable with Mirka shouldering the burden that it seemed like Naz was mediocre. I did think that some of her sets was questionable but she has definitely soft and quick hands which is her saving grace. :)

ınfact, you are the agressive one and exactly the idiot one :mad: naz plays better now than final four.but cuccarini always blame for naz for bad result.he behaves as a pathetic!!! what is the reason you comment such agressive and silly way?

• ınfact, you are the agressive one and exactly the idiot one :mad: naz plays better now than final four.but cuccarini always blame for naz for bad result.he behaves as a pathetic!!! what is the reason you comment such agressive and silly way?

What you´ve written is so bad it´s pathetic! You are such a rude person so I shouldnt even answer your childish massages. You attack someone you dont know personally with bad words and in a childish way, so I am sorry for you but its a sign of personality disorders, its sad, really. So I have to say I wont answer any of your pitiful massages anymore.

• I should ask the same thing! I just replied in the same tone your message was written. So look in the mirror first.

I'd be the first one to agree Naz played a better game two years ago than she did now, even outperforming Bahar Mert at the time, but I think the reason for this lies somewhere else than her.

Your admiration of other Turkish setters lets you slander Naz and yet you accuse me... interesting....

I may be a little late for this discussion but Naz Aydemir never and ever outperformed Bahar Mert! Bahar Mert was in Asystel Novara two years ago and she was playing a great game in Italy! And the reason she LEFT Eczacibasi was not because Naz was "too good" but because Bahar said that she cannot work with a coach (referring to Motta) who constantly says "Idiot!" to his players. So, just to make things clear, Naz never outperformed Bahar. I see that you are obviously a fan of Naz and I understand that you might want to defend the player you like but there are obvious facts in life.

After the match with Dinamo Moscow in the Champions League, Naz was so busy with signing autographs for her fans and with smiling to cameras that she didn't even look sad because of the loss unlike, for example, Neriman Ozsoy. Let's admit the truths. The whole love and compliments from the world press for Naz after the Junior European Championship in September 2008 turned Naz into a snob girl. I even remember a day where a very young volleyball fan asked her to sign her photo in the Eczacibasi Hall with all those good words about her love to Naz but Naz just looked at the kid and ignored her!!! I was like whaaat?! Even the best volleyball players are not that conceited and snob! Someone should really tell her to concentrate on her game rather than on the celebrity part of the job.

• I will not dignify this with an answer since it is obvious that I'd be beating a deadhorse. However, I do think it is very harsh and unfair to slander a young player who has never been anything but good sports on and off the court.

This is what all the people do who are in blind love of some player. They never enter into a discussion and just the put the blame on the ones who criticize. However, I am sharing my observations on what I see on the court. On top of that, I am sharing my observations within the limits of courtesy and respect. Discussion always promotes good outcomes but the more people try to silence the criticisms the worse the situation becomes. And, by the way, what I did was not "slander" but only an act of sharing my observations on the court on a volleyball forum.

What you people do is actually so unbelievably wrong for that young setter since all you do is make her think that she is always and always doing the best and the right things. Covering the eyes of a young player with illusions will be of no help to her career. I wish someone could see that. And I wish someone could help her stop acting like a celebrity and only focus on her game like she did when she was not such a 'celebrity'.

• This is what all the people do who are in blind love of some player. They never enter into a discussion and just the put the blame on the ones who criticize. However, I am sharing my observations on what I see on the court. On top of that, I am sharing my observations within the limits of courtesy and respect. Discussion always promotes good outcomes but the more people try to silence the criticisms the worse the situation becomes. And, by the way, what I did was not "slander" but only an act of sharing my observations on the court on a volleyball forum.

If you read my previous posts, you can easily see that this is no case of "blind love"; so please spare me the demagogy here. It is not a matter of blaming anyone. It is very obvious that you are set on your opinion and so am I. There is no point in trying to change it; thus my previous comment about beating on a dead horse... It IS slander when any player is systematically badmouthed without solid proof.

What you people do is actually so unbelievably wrong for that young setter since all you do is make her think that she is always and always doing the best and the right things. Covering the eyes of a young player with illusions will be of no help to her career. I wish someone could see that. And I wish someone could help her stop acting like a celebrity and only focus on her game like she did when she was not such a 'celebrity'.

I think Aydemir is smart enough to know what she is and what she can do on her own. She does not need anyone to tell her how good she is or she is not. She can't be as good as she already is by letting other people's thoughts getting to her or acting like a celebrity. That comes only thru hard work. As someone, who has been around Turkish and Eczacibasi volleyball for quite some time, I completely disagree with your observations about her "acting like a celebrity". She has always been nothing but good sports towards fans and fellow athletes alike, one of the most down to earth athletes out there.

I really have a hard time understanding why anyone who has potential to be good, to be a star is pulled down like this in Turkey. Same thing was done to Demir at the time, and now it is being done to Aydemir.

• I don't think that what I am talking about is 'opinions on Naz's play' because I am talking about the way Naz acts 'on and off the court', which is something you deliberately put emphasis on. As you remember, I shared my observation on a particular topic concerning how Naz behaved towards one of her fans. She looked at the kid after the kid insistently called her and then, in 2 seconds, Naz turned around her head and continued to laugh with her friends. If this is not 'acting like a celebrity', then what is? Here is a 'solid proof' though you indicate that there are no solid proofs in my statements. So, here is another. Why did Naz crazily laugh as if they won the match after they bitterly lost to Dinamo Moscow in the Final Four? All of the volleyball audience were incredibly sad after that match but when the cameras on TV showed her, she was so busy with distributing signatures to her 'fans', loving and hugging some kids around there and pretty much 'enjoying' her time out there while, for instance, Neriman Ozsoy, had her eyes filled with tears! If you didn't like these two proofs, then let me talk about a third one. Beppe after the end of the match stated that Naz was not listening to any of the tactics and strategies given by him and that being a celebrity ruins her play because she can't focus on her matches. I remember that you don't like Beppe so let's ignore this. But what about Chabovta? She said the same things with Beppe - that she doesn't care what Beppe tells her to do! But if you also think that Chabovta also LIES like Beppe, then what about Vesna, whom Naz explained in one of her interviews as 'like her older sister'? Vesna stated after the match that Naz couldn't handle the pressure of the Final Four and that's why they lost! You call her as a 'star' but stars do not disgrace and disappoint their teams on such huge occasions like Final Four.

I wish, instead of telling people how a 'great player' Naz is, you or people at Eczacibasi would focus on telling her to be more well-behaved, modest and concentrated on her job on the court. Or maybe, other than putting all the blame on people who criticize Naz or blaming Beppe for making Naz set high balls to 4, you could look in the mirror, question your dogmatic attitude and search if there is something wrong in what Naz is doing. Because I think being such a huge fan of someone is always equal to being imprisoned by dogmas. For example, I do admit that Naz was not like this in the first year she played in Eczacibasi or in the Olympic European Qualifications match against Holland. Because she was not a conceited 'celebrity' at the time; she was just a hardworking setter. I wish people opened their eyes to truth and helped this young girl return to who she was and the way she played because, one way or another, the Turkish Nat'l Team needs her.

• I don't think that what I am talking about is 'opinions on Naz's play' because I am talking about the way Naz acts 'on and off the court', which is something you deliberately put emphasis on. As you remember, I shared my observation on a particular topic concerning how Naz behaved towards one of her fans. She looked at the kid after the kid insistently called her and then, in 2 seconds, Naz turned around her head and continued to laugh with her friends. If this is not 'acting like a celebrity', then what is? Here is a 'solid proof' though you indicate that there are no solid proofs in my statements. So, here is another. Why did Naz crazily laugh as if they won the match after they bitterly lost to Dinamo Moscow in the Final Four? All of the volleyball audience were incredibly sad after that match but when the cameras on TV showed her, she was so busy with distributing signatures to her 'fans', loving and hugging some kids around there and pretty much 'enjoying' her time out there while, for instance, Neriman Ozsoy, had her eyes filled with tears!

Well, I was THERE in Italy and what you describe as the situation after the game can not be further than the truth. All players, including Ozsoy and Aydemir, were down and disappointed. I certainly did not see any kind of behaviour there that would warrant that she did not care; nor was she laughing after the game as she was one of the players who took the loss the hardest.

If you didn't like these two proofs, then let me talk about a third one. Beppe after the end of the match stated that Naz was not listening to any of the tactics and strategies given by him and that being a celebrity ruins her play because she can't focus on her matches. I remember that you don't like Beppe so let's ignore this. But what about Chabovta? She said the same things with Beppe - that she doesn't care what Beppe tells her to do! But if you also think that Chabovta also LIES like Beppe, then what about Vesna, whom Naz explained in one of her interviews as 'like her older sister'? Vesna stated after the match that Naz couldn't handle the pressure of the Final Four and that's why they lost! You call her as a 'star' but stars do not disgrace and disappoint their teams on such huge occasions like Final Four.

How professional (!) for those individuals to make such comments even if it were true. Aydemir plays the system that Cuccarini wants her to play. It is not her choice to play the high ball to position 4 continuously. Anyone who thinks this is indeed her choice needs to watch National team matches with her at the helm as well as Eczacibasi matches pre-Cuccarini. It is not good form at all to put the blame on Cuccarini's archaic system on Aydemir as it was done by Chabovta in her interview. And while saying she lies would be harsh, as she is entitled to her opinion, I completely disagree with her (and Citakovic) and again stress that such comments are TOTALLY uncalled for to be made for any player at all. Aydemir did not disgrace or disappoint at Final Four, it was Mr Cuccarini who managed to accomplish that on his own.

I wish, instead of telling people how a 'great player' Naz is, you or people at Eczacibasi would focus on telling her to be more well-behaved, modest and concentrated on her job on the court. Or maybe, other than putting all the blame on people who criticize Naz or blaming Beppe for making Naz set high balls to 4, you could look in the mirror, question your dogmatic attitude and search if there is something wrong in what Naz is doing. Because I think being such a huge fan of someone is always equal to being imprisoned by dogmas. For example, I do admit that Naz was not like this in the first year she played in Eczacibasi or in the Olympic European Qualifications match against Holland. Because she was not a conceited 'celebrity' at the time; she was just a hardworking setter. I wish people opened their eyes to truth and helped this young girl return to who she was and the way she played because, one way or another, the Turkish Nat'l Team needs her.

Naz is still a hardworking setter as she has always been. She is the same person and player that she was then. Her misfortune is working with a coach who does absolutely nothing to contribute to her, on the contrary he has done his best to supress her ability and talent. If you think Nat'l Team needs her, Eczacibasi needs to be rid of Mr Cuccarini first.

We're beating a dead horse here as I've stated before. You're entitled to your opinion and I am entitled to mine; and it does not look like either one of us will change.