VakifGunesTTelekom ISTANBUL - RUS - Universitet BELGOROD
    Enion Energia DABROWA GORNICZA -ITA - Asystel NOVARA
    Dinamo MOSCOW - Zarechie ODINTSOVO
    Metal GALATI - FenerbahceAcibadem ISTANBUL
    Volley BERGAMO - Bank BPS Fakro MUSZYNIANKA
    Modranska PROSTEJOV - Scavolini PESARO

what a horrible drawing for Poles ;| first Bergamo and than Pesaro :wall:
    Dinamo-Zarcieche is the most interesting :box:

so now when we know the drawing my prediction: Cannes Vakifbank Pesaro Fenerbache

Anyone can support a team that is winning - it takes no courage. But to
    stand behind a team to defend a team when it is down and really needs
    you, that takes a lot of courage.

• a great injustice, it was already 2006 cannes, the host must be formally fenerbahçe greater injustice has invested

• im my pretiction, bergamo make a nice surprise for pesaro and my prediction is Cannes-Vakifbank gunes sigorta and Fenerbahce Acibadem-Bergamo :teach:
    but in such case, CEV won t let this kind of draw right? so vakifbank gunes sigorta and fenerbahce would play if both reach to final four :mad:

• it was in cannes in 2006 already, what a f.cking kind of lobby is this? lol

anyway, it will be so nice to win the cup in their own gym by beating them and their lobby :drink:

• Cev is alway trying to avoid the final with 2 teams of the same coutry. so Russian,Italian or Turkish final is impossible.
    i really hope Pesaro won't screw this up like last year when they were eliminated by Bergamo even though they were far better team than any other in Europe

• check this out you, you'll see there is a way two russian, italy or Turkish final

the draw doesn't say anything to me, they can always change it in the f4 like they did last year or 2 years ago. i don't remeber when it was but the host was supposed to meet with some Italian team but 2 italian teams qulify to f4 so they change it to avoid Italian final. i think that happened 2 years ago when Skra was a host

• it was in cannes in 2006 already, what a f.cking kind of lobby is this? lol

anyway, it will be so nice to win the cup in their own gym by beating them and their lobby :drink:

And tenerife host the final 4 2 years in a row. In 2006 Cannes show that they can organize very well this kind of event. Low prices tickets and a full gymnasium with great crown.
    Maybe the fact that this year 2 very good turkish teams are competing decide the CEV to give Cannes the organization in order to not have a 100% turkish final. Now Cannes has to show that they deserve this organisation... And I think it's even harder to them because until April they will not have difficult official games... whereas the teams that will qualify for final 4 will have to play play off 12 and 6... and 4 hight level games.

• This Drawing of Lots is only valid in case that teams qualified from the same country meet in the semi-finals otherwise a new Drawing of Lots will be undertaken.

http://www.cev.lu/mmp/online/w…omplete_draw-playoffs.pdf

• the draw doesn't say anything to me, they can always change it in the f4 like they did last year or 2 years ago. i don't remeber when it was but the host was supposed to meet with some Italian team but 2 italian teams qulify to f4 so they change it to avoid Italian final. i think that happened 2 years ago when Skra was a host

you are right, on the CEV news you can read this :

"Earlier this morning, the Drawing of Lots for the Challenge Round of the 2009/2010 Men’s CEV Cup was also carried out under the supervision of the ECC President Mrs. Riet Ooms. The detailed Draw, including a provisional calendar, is attached at the bottom of this news; according to the general principles governing the European Cups, i.e. with the purpose to accord some kind of advantage to the teams climbing up to the continental elite via the CEV Cup, such clubs will be playing the return match on home soil. Moreover, in case two teams coming from the same country qualify for the Final Four, they will take on each other in one of the semifinal matches in order to avoid that a single nation is represented in the final game

• And tenerife host the final 4 2 years in a row. In 2006 Cannes show that they can organize very well this kind of event. Low prices tickets and a full gymnasium with great crown.
    Maybe the fact that this year 2 very good turkish teams are competing decide the CEV to give Cannes the organization in order to not have a 100% turkish final. Now Cannes has to show that they deserve this organisation... And I think it's even harder to them because until April they will not have difficult official games... whereas the teams that will qualify for final 4 will have to play play off 12 and 6... and 4 hight level games.

i dont understand this too my friend

if they are the best teams, they deserve to be in final then, this is not just for turkish teams, also for italians or russians..

and Yes Cannes is one of the best teams in champions league this year, but if they played against an italian team, they would possibly be eleminated one of them in the next rounds, CEV just wanted to make a homogen final four, cos there is only 1 french team and they r really going very well. If Novara didnt get Kim, VGSTT would be very big favourite against them now chances %50-%50 in my oppinion. We will make very hard games against Dinamo, we beat them twice, we can do it again.

Hope the best happens for all teams. good luck to all teams in the next matches :)

• Fenerbahce is luckier now when Cannes is hosting F4 than before because Fenerbahce will play stressful and difficult games. We need a better Seda Tokatlıoglu to get to the final with Cannes.

• I dont understand!! :white: :wacko: Cev dont like Turkey!! Why didnt they take the F4 Fenerbehçe??? Yes Cannes is really good team..But Fenerbahçe is playing really well and their spectators are amazing..Anyway I think Fenerbahçe will be in F4..Vakıfbank will beat Belgorod..But Novara has very good players..But they arent a TEAM..Somebody always plays bad in Novara..One match Flier, other matches Barcellini or Kozuch..I think Vakıfbank will be in F4 too... :call: :cup: and the morst interesting matches are Dinamo-Zarechie :D Russian derby :D :super:

• I am for Cannes,I saw Final Four in Cannes,it was just amazing.And Cannes is one of the best teams of this tournament. I`d like to feel that atmosphere there. Fenerbahce could think about it before,because they have played their matches in very bad arena,but Cannes has 7700 spectators and in very nice arena. Belgorod more than 11000. And Fenerbahce just 3550 for three home matches. But two times Azerrail Baku had the most spectators and CEV did not give it to us. Very different situations and decisions. But let`s not look for anything bad in this choice.Cannes deserves it and they are one of my favourites. They are real team. Everybody plays in this team.

• Actually the system of deciding who will be the host of final four is completaly WRONG! The decision must not be given till 4 teams last. Final four host must be one of these 4 teams. This is the most sensible way, by this way the matches would be more exciting and enjoyable. But i dont think CEV is thinking about the quality level of volleyball :) after today i really realise this :whistling:

Cannes is a small town in France, and there are not directly flights there from Europe as i know. It will be a bit difficult for the fans who want to watch the organisation. And their gym is only for 3500-4000 people.

But Istanbul is one of the most beautifull cities in the world. To travel there is so easy from any place in the world. Its the European Capital of Calture in 2010.

When you are deciding for an organisation, you must think about anything that can add quality to tournament. It would be in Abdi İpekçi Arena with 10000 people if we got the organisation. We made Uefa Cup Final last year, and Champions league final 3 years ago, they all were very successful organisations and we are the host country of World Basketball Championship this year. . We as Fenerbahce Acibadem, made a very strong squad for this year, and beat all the teams we played in europe and also in our league. Our fans are the best together with polish fans in europe. As women volleyball quality, Turkey is much better than France in the last years aswell.

When i think about this all, i think that CEV made a very big mistake in my oppinion. They did the same for Perugia last year aswell. Yes Cannes is very good team, they can make a good organisation without doubt but they already had this organisation 3 years ago didnt they?, but we didnt organise it yet. But i think just lobby talks here, even not money you spent or success. We think this is an unfair decision as Fenerbahce fans and this gave us so big determination.We even started to make plans to go Cannes from Istanbul if we make final four. You can be sure that thousands of Turkish fans(not only Fener) will be there to support their team even we know we all wont able to be in the hall :drink:

• And many Turkish people live in France :D :whistling:

yes we can even be more than french spectators if the organisators let us :cheesy:

But i dont think they will :lol:

But maybe we wont make final four, who knows? Dinamo possibly took their lesson after two matches and they will be more carefull next time ;)They will be very tought matches for us and for them aswell. Oksana had said on FBTV that "see you in final four", it wont happen unfortunately :( . I dont think Odintsovo can make a suprise against them. It will possibly be Dinamo

• 4 years ago CEV was really happy with the organisation in cannes. This year during home matches cannes really try their best to show to the cev that they really want this final. They have a lot of people at every european game. They invited relly great champions to give the start of every game (Didier Dechamps, Alain Bernard and Stephane Diagana). Cannes is playing champion's league for so long and they have great history in this competition.
    Cannes is a well known city in the world for the movie festival, and their is an international airport in Nice wich is just next to cannes. They have a really great sport hall.
    4 years ago cannes organise the final 4 selling tickets with very low prices in order to permit to a lot of people to attend at this event.

Don't be angry for this decision, if your team is the best, it will win this champion's league, even if it is in cannes. It's the first year for fenerbahce in champion's league... let your team do history in this competition and you will have a final 4 in turkey.

But i agree with you about one point, the one about choosing the host of the final 4 between the 4 finalist. Not before the play off but at the end. But it's difficult because not every team want to organise this, if in the last 4 teams nobody wants it what will they do? And if you do like in 2003 (giving the organisation to pila but the team didn't reach the final4) it could be a disaster for the audience.

Well we don't really know what made the cev choose cannes but I am sure they will not regret it :win: