Champion's League 2009/2010

• Her season in CHL is not very good, poor in attack, but you underestimate her efforts in defense, which are vital. In France her season is not that bad. Do not forget, that she gets only high setting against well ordered block, instead of using her for counterattack, which is tactical mistake - she i snot used in the best way.

She was good today in attack, but she needs to work in block out techniques

I don't understimate her efforts in defense.I wrote that she helped a lot in reception(including the defenses).

• Dirickx please go out from this team

• I don't understimate her efforts in defense.I wrote that she helped a lot in reception(including the defenses).

Sorry for my misunderstanding :drink:

• Dirickx please go out from this team

The problem until now for FBA is not Dirickx but Gamova...

• ISTANBUL WIN = EKATERINA GAMOVA WIN = RUSSIA WIN :-) GO GO HOT ICE GIRLS ;-)

No comment :down: Just funny.

2010/2011 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Turkish Cup Winner :cup:
    2011/2012 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Super Cup Winner :cup:

• Big Money, Big Names...Istanbul lost, because this players play together a few months. In Bergamo play a few years- Players from Center of Heart this Team. Experience Win. Don't cry Istanbul Fans. FenerbahceAcibadem is New Team and they have Silver. This pression from All was unlogic. Novara was example where very good players together play bad. I don't understand why Istanbul want in his Team belgian Setter, there are better.

• I think Ekaterina Gamova, if she want win Champion's League, should play next season in Bergamo. Lost last year in Final, lost now. I am interesting, if Olimp of FenerbahceAcibadem will keep all players next season.

• Just finished watching the final on laola1, a few observations:-

There is no doubt the the Fenerbache hitters brought more power to the court, unlike the Italian outside hitters ,who are more versatile and more smart, and therefore can do more with the ball, and in the end, that told the difference. So far Fenerbache had bee able to overwhelm their opponents because their serves were tough for their opposition and they have more power. The power told in the semi final and that was the reason for the win because as soon as Cannes were passing well, they were able to neutralise their serving power. but today was a different story,

Bergamo are technically very strong, and especially their defense is a major strength, and this always gives them confidence in their termination play. Good defense leads to good finishing points. although their outside hitters sometimes lose focus, their experience in playing together for a long time now means they trust themselves to be able to pull out the excellent play when its is required. Everyone on Bergamo's side plays at a high level. so when one person goes off a little bit, the others still play well. So when Picinnini had bad moments, Del Core played well, and I was very impressed with her blocking Today and yesterday I was most impressed by Ortolani - ho far she has come in a short time. She could be relied on all the time to finish points, and this looks good for the Italian National team. All in all I think the better team won today. Bergamo play beautiful synchronised volleyball, and Fenerbache did well to stage a comeback, but as always happens, the more technically efficient team wins in the end.

Fenerbache paid for a poor start, so they were not as able to put pressure on Bergamo. They rely on a very attacking game, but you need to have a strong defensive game as well as a good transition game. If Osmokrovich was playing for Pesaro, that would be the perfect combination, because Pesaro are also technically efficient, have good teamwork, and a strong attacking game when they are playing well. I also hear people say the setters for Fenerbache are the problem - I disagree form today's performance. The first thing that Bergamo did well was to take Gamova out of the game. She is mostly an attacker, and once she doesnt make as many points in that role, she doesnt have anything else to help her lift her game, like Osmokrovich who defends well. Bergamo defended her attacks, and hit off her so much in the block, they took her out of her game.

I could go on and on...but just wanted to share a few of my thoughts. I am interested in what other people make of the final....
    On a last note, its nice that there are three different nations represented in the medals. Well done to Cannes, who played really well, and deserve to win their bronze medal. They really took advantage of the home ground advantage!!

p.s and another thought! looking at the referreeing today, does anyone else agree that we need some kind of hawkeye now in volleyball? Bergamo for instance, who like to hit off the block a lot, were denied a lot of points where on replay you could see the ball tough the blocker's fingers. i know this is a tactic Del Core and Picinnini use very well, they hit high off the block on a tight set, and they do it well, but they often dont get the points because the refs dont see it. I think this is a problem...

• I am happy today.NO ONE can make me angry :lol:Gratz to Bergamo & FBA. Of course Fenerbahce is giving big money.Its a futbol club and they pay 10 million euro to one forward.First F4 and second place i am really glad.Hope next year we ll do a better job.About Novara thats a big disaster not same as FBA.

2010/2011 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Turkish Cup Winner :cup:
    2011/2012 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Super Cup Winner :cup:

• Congrats all Italian fans! You played better and deserved the game!
    Especially your final experiences led the game, you were a better team as a team, we were like Nati's team, so shame for all Turkish players with their awful, disgusting performances!

• FINAL
    Fenerbahce Acibadem ISTANBUL vs Volley BERGAMO 2:3 (22-25, 21-25, 25-22, 25-20, 9-15) :cup:

Best players:

Most Valuable Player: Francesca Piccinini (Volley BERGAMO)
    Best Scorer: Ekaterina Gamova (Fenerbahce Acibadem ISTANBUL)
    Best Spiker: Nadia Centoni (RC CANNES)
    Best Server: Natasa Osmokrovic (Fenerbahce Acibadem ISTANBUL)
    Best Blocker: Victoria Raava (RC Cannes)
    Best Receiver: Antonella Del Core (Volley BERGAMO)
    Best Libero: Enrica Merlo (Volley BERGAMO)
    Best Setter: Eleonora Lo Bianco (Volley BERGAMO)

• Big Money, Big Names...Istanbul lost, because this players play together a few months. In Bergamo play a few years- Players from Center of Heart this Team. Experience Win. Don't cry Istanbul Fans. FenerbahceAcibadem is New Team and they have Silver. This pression from All was unlogic. Novara was example where very good players together play bad. I don't understand why Istanbul want in his Team belgian Setter, there are better.

You're talking like we lost the quarter final, we were on final you silly and just lost on the tie break, what the hack are you talking about? İf this game would play again no one still dont knows what the score would be, there were almost 2 equal teams on the final, and Bergamo won it, deserved it, congratulations again, but after such a close game how dare you to speak that the possibility of FB's champion was unlogic. Do you have any logic concept?

• Natasa Osmokrovic should have been MVP, what Piccinini did exceptional that she won MVP award she also didn't play some part of the game, Osmokrovic carried the whole team did everything attack defence receiving there is no rule that champion team's player should be MVP. Maybe I'm sorry that Fenerbahçe couldn't win but I was most sorry when Osmokrovic cried :(

• I wish we d win. But i m not so unhappy. I love my team. Thanks a lot Fenerbahçe Acıbadem. We need more experiences. :obey:
    Congs. Bergamo, u r still the best and ur defense s amazing. :cup:
    Thansk to Cannes for organizations and beautiiful game with Fenerbahçe Acıbadem. Fifth set was so exciting.
    And Novara, i still love them and i think they ll be better.