Champion's League 2009/2010

• setter:Naz Opposite : Gamova OH :Osmokrovic - new OH MB: Eda - Çiğdem - New MB libero : Nihan - Songül :) or
    setter:new(Fofao?:D) Opposite : Gamova OH :Osmokrovic - Seda MB: Eda - Çiğdem Libero : new libero

• Fenerbahce wants to win CL next year. How to do that --> how to defeat Bergamo? Their weakest point is the reception, so in my opinion Fenerbahce needs a better libero (Gülden?) and a second high quality-receiver (outside-hitter) next to Osmokrovic. The current libero is far too weak and Seda is not a good receiver as well. If Gamova continues, the question is what to do with Seda....Further I think Naz deserves a chance in starting-6 (7).

Naz - Gamova
    Osmokrovic - new OH
    Eda - Cigdem
    new libero (Gülden?)

then Bergamo needs a better opposite:) come on we just lost at the tie-break, we dont need to make so much difference, yes you're right about outside hitter, but this team was unbeaten till the final with these OH and libero, just a better OH is enough to beat this Bergamo, with a better OH, Nihan will play way better than now, for now she has to cover more space to decrease Seda's weakness..

• Actually i think that Naz is better than Frauke...and i think that Gamova before talking about setters should try to put down the balls in crucial moments...and if it wasn't for Osmokrovic probably the final would end 3:0 for Bergamo...i think that Naz is an amazing player and she deserves to play not to stay in the bench...anyway grandissima Bergamo! :cup:

Thank you for your posting :drink: I agree with you..Naz is an amazing player..She does block,attack and good pass..She is 19..She has many years to improve herself..She is 1st setter of Turkish National league and she is too experience..When she was 15 ,she was playing in ECL..Naz :I love you and I am sure you will be one of the best setter of the world :super:

• Fenerbahce wants to win CL next year. How to do that --> how to defeat Bergamo? Their weakest point is the reception, so in my opinion Fenerbahce needs a better libero (Gülden?) and a second high quality-receiver (outside-hitter) next to Osmokrovic. The current libero is far too weak and Seda is not a good receiver as well. If Gamova continues, the question is what to do with Seda....Further I think Naz deserves a chance in starting-6 (7).

Naz - Gamova
    Osmokrovic - new OH
    Eda - Cigdem
    new libero (Gülden?)

Fenerbache have go t the game to beat Bergamo. In the finals they just lacked a bit of mental toughness in the fifth set, and they really needed Gamova to be firing on all cylinders. I dont understand how when you have a player like Gamova who can just hit over the block, and it comes to the fifth set, she doesnt just get all the balls and make kills, especially in the rotation when she is in the front court. You dont even need good setter, just a high ball near the antennae!! Bergamo hitters are not that powerful., but in the fifth set, Del core and Picinnini start using their brains more, and even when they are blocked, they defend and keep on hitting untill they get a chance. LoBianco just quickens the game!!

so for Fenerbache to win, they just need the other players to be fearless like Osmokrovich!

• i think Osmokrovic should be best scorer because she scored 49 points ( 18 against Cannes, and 31 against Bergamo), Gamova scored 48 points ( 30 against Cannes, and 18 against Bergamo)...

• I don't think it's logical to seek for a logic behind CEV's best players awards. They never reflected the truth and they never will. :down:

• exept the fact that Oskomovic deserve the award of best scorer of the tournament because she score one more point than Gamova, I am pretty ok with the other award.

Merlo show in during the final match that she was the best libero on she final 4,

Del Core during the 2 matches had 85% of good reception for 79 atempt, wich is really excellent. (award really deserved)

Best setter logical, Best block for Ravva with 12 kills blocks.

Best server for Osmokrovic with 3 aces for 1 fault when Polechtchouk had 6 aces for 2 faults...

And Piccinini MVP. I think it's quite deserved. Osmokrovic scored 31 points but she one the one having all the balls for fenerbahce (68 attempt for 27 pts - 5 faults - 6 blocked- 40%) but in the fifth set she did some big faults in important moment. Whereas Piccinini really leads her team to victory scoring in important moments (40 attempts 17 pts - 2 err- 4 blocked- 46 %), receiving perfectly (100% of good reception) digging, serving.
    Osmokrovic manage to keep her team in the match playing really weel in the 3rd and fourth set, but she totaly failed in the fifth. Piccinini proove to be a real leader in her team and played really well all along the game and even better in the end to win this champion's league.

• In Turkey people keep saying that no other Turkish team has captured silver medal in the Champions League before but this is completely untrue.

This feat was achieved by Eczacibasi in 1980 (this was recently confirmed once again by an announcement on Eczacibasi's website) and by Vakifbank in 1998 and 1999.

What Fenerbahce achieved is amazing for Turkish volleyball and even Eczacibasi players went out to the court today before the Turkish Cup semifinal with a banner that read "Congratulations to Fenerbahce Acibadem".

However, finishing the second in Champions League is not a first time achievement by a Turkish club and I think it is as important to have respect for previous achievements in a country's history as it is to enjoy one's current success.

• Which Turkey are you in? cause mine is completely different:)
    there are always some football fans lack of logic of course, nobody cares them also, the other you are talking about just trying to mean Indesit champions league..

• Ok there was Nati but could you tell me anyone else played well that game? On the other hand in Bergamo Furst played well, Ortolani and Delcore again, Picci wasn't alone, and Bergamo had lots of variation on that game, but things were all clear on our side, Gamova was having a bad game and Seda as usual, and in addition our middles too. Almost every attack of us were predictable, and thats why Nati should have been Mvp. Picci has only 10 receptions, almost all the receptions made by Del Core.

But still I think thats a right decision if that award should be given to winning team's member who has the best final game. Picci was the best player in Bergamo on the final. But if the case is about F4, and the award is for F4 then that person should be Del Core.
    And again that never changes the fact that Nati was the best player in Cannes:)

• well for Nati it's easier to score a lot of point when you are the only one having all the sets on your team. That's why she manage to score 31 pts. But as I said, she didn't played well in really importants moment, and Picci does. This is the big difference between the two.

• Which Turkey are you in? cause mine is completely different:)
    there are always some football fans lack of logic of course, nobody cares them also, the other you are talking about just trying to mean Indesit champions league..

Well, I definitely don't know which Turkey you are in because on Fenerbahce's official website and Fenerbahce's official television, it was told as if winning the silver medal in the Champions League was a first-time achievement in Turkey. I wish they did some research before going public with such untrue and disrespectful news. It's such a shame that they know very well to brag about themselves but they don't have the slightest courtesy to respect their opponents.

• Well, I definitely don't know which Turkey you are in because on Fenerbahce's official website and Fenerbahce's official television, it was told as if winning the silver medal in the Champions League was a first-time achievement in Turkey. I wish they did some research before going public with such untrue and disrespectful news. It's such a shame that they know very well to brag about themselves but they don't have the slightest courtesy to respect their opponents.

You define Fenerbahçe as Turkey? I'm repeating again their main goal is those championship was different than this. The statute was different when Vakıfbank and Eczacıbaşı achieved that success. This is also wrong of course, but FBTV and the website is not including all of the supporters opinions..

• You define Fenerbahçe as Turkey? I'm repeating again their main goal is those championship was different than this. The statute was different when Vakıfbank and Eczacıbaşı achieved that success. This is also wrong of course, but FBTV and the website is not including all of the supporters opinions..

Well, following those official public announcements and broadcasts by Fenerbahce, other TV channels and some other sports websites started to convey the situation as if Fenerbahce Acibadem was the first team to have such an accomplishment. Then this was followed by comments by volleyball audience on several forums and social networking sites. Because they spread such "news" from an official source and kept repeating it several times on TV, most of the people who claim that they watch and understand volleyball now know this achievement as a first. Plus, even Mehmet Ali Aydinlar, the Executive Board Chair of Fenerbahce's sponsor Acibadem, claimed that this was a first-time achievement on several live TV sports programs.

In one of those live programs, Aydinlar also claimed that companies should be sponsors to sports clubs like Fenerbahce, Galatasaray and Besiktas but not to other companies as in the case of Eczacibasi Zentiva and Vakifbank Gunes Sigorta Turk Telekom!

Those two clubs constitute one of the main reasons why volleyball has been alive in Turkey for many years now. Plus, he added that he did not understand even why Eczacibasi or Vakifbank Gunes Sigorta are still competing simply because their foundation lies on companies! Aydinlar goes on TV claiming that they did great for Turkish Volleyball but does it do any good when you have this much of disrespect and you are this much of rude towards the two main volleyball clubs of Turkey? It's really a huge shame for Fenerbahce! But I don't even think they care.

After hearing such words from one of the most important people for Fenerbahce Acibadem, I am not even surprised by the attitude they have towards the accomplishments of other clubs in Europe.

• First of all speaking for myself i never heard that statement, about the first silver medal statement, maybe he was trying to make another point, but if it is as you said then he's wrong obivously. He was talking about that we won 37 in a row and were unbeaten till the final maybe those were he was trying to explain. But still i dont' know..

But I'm telling again, all the people who knows something about volleyball makes that statement when they are trying to point out this is Indesit Champions League, you're talking about FB Tv, but FB Tv includes Aylin Üstündağ who was in the roster of that first team who achieved that success, and i think there is a good chance she might has a knowledge about the history includes herself:) and another example for those Burcu Hakyemez in her programme especially pointed out after she told that is a first achievement but we're talking about Indesit Champions League.

About Vgstt and Eczacıbaşı, i don't know why are we discussing this now? I don't see any connection but still i will answer that. I think he's right. Yeah Vakıfbank and Eczacıbaşı are milestones definitely. They kept volleyball alive in Turkey. But they dont have an adequate community. Gs and Bjk a lot more than they're now. I wish they would stay forever and meanwhile Gs and Bjk would able to find another foundations to support by. That would make 5 competetive teams. But if thats not gonna happen then that would be better to close Eczacı and Vgstt to support those greater communities. And i really can't see what's so wrong about that statement, even accuse somebody with a lack of respect, i really don't get your problems with him. I have a lot friends of Vgstt and Eczacıbaşı supporters but nobody ever talked about Mehmet Ali Aydınlar like that..

• I dont think Eczacibasi or Vakifbank will try to merge with another club because funds they spend for volleyball are not a big problem for their budgets. They can get back that money easily thanks to sponsorhip laws that allow sponsor companies benefit extra vat discount. And these companies dont prefer to give their names to another club for such a low money because they already get what they suppose without needing a big club's name. I dont think they expect big crowds in their games. Clubs like Besiktas and Galatasaray have to find another sponsor that is not related to volleyball. If Acibadem's boss was not a former executive and fan of the club, Fenerbahce would not find a sponsor. Most people expect something like in basketball. But budgets of basketball teams are so higher compared to volleyball and you cannot get back your investment just with vat discount. You have to advert your name and the best way to make it is merging with a well known sport club. So sponsor companies in basketball need big sport clubs to get back the money they invest but in volleybal they dont.

• First of all speaking for myself i never heard that statement, about the first silver medal statement, maybe he was trying to make another point, but if it is as you said then he's wrong obivously. He was talking about that we won 37 in a row and were unbeaten till the final maybe those were he was trying to explain. But still i dont' know..

But I'm telling again, all the people who knows something about volleyball makes that statement when they are trying to point out this is Indesit Champions League, you're talking about FB Tv, but FB Tv includes Aylin Üstündağ who was in the roster of that first team who achieved that success, and i think there is a good chance she might has a knowledge about the history includes herself:) and another example for those Burcu Hakyemez in her programme especially pointed out after she told that is a first achievement but we're talking about Indesit Champions League.

About Vgstt and Eczacıbaşı, i don't know why are we discussing this now? I don't see any connection but still i will answer that. I think he's right. Yeah Vakıfbank and Eczacıbaşı are milestones definitely. They kept volleyball alive in Turkey. But they dont have an adequate community. Gs and Bjk a lot more than they're now. I wish they would stay forever and meanwhile Gs and Bjk would able to find another foundations to support by. That would make 5 competetive teams. But if thats not gonna happen then that would be better to close Eczacı and Vgstt to support those greater communities. And i really can't see what's so wrong about that statement, even accuse somebody with a lack of respect, i really don't get your problems with him. I have a lot friends of Vgstt and Eczacıbaşı supporters but nobody ever talked about Mehmet Ali Aydınlar like that..

If officials of Fenerbahce TV would have pointed out that this is a first-time achievement only since Champions League started to be organized as Indesit Champions League, that would be no problem. But then again, Champions League 20 years ago was still the one where the champions of each national league would compete so what Fenerbahce's website and TV did was not right. In fact, Aylin Ustundag was the only one who said that this was not the first time since, like you said, she was a part of that roster but her comments were sort of ignored during the broadcast and Fenerbahce TV commentators still continued to claim this is the first-time in Turkish volleyball history. But you and everyone else on this forum thankfully saw my point so I won't comment anymore on this issue but I needed to have raised this issue because what has been done and is still done on some other places is not right so I thought someone should say something on this issue. At least, Eczacibasi did this on their website so there is no more reason to talk about this issue.

I can't believe you legitimize the closing down of Eczacibasi and Vakifbank Gunes Sigorta just based on lack of audience. Volleyball can not be reduced to pure numbers of audience. Audience of course is important for sports. But in the past I remember those days where in the games of Eczacibasi, Vakifbank or Gunes Sigorta fans had both of the teams' flags waving in their hands. Those teams competed at very high level in Turkey and Europe until now and represent a lot for Turkish volleyball tradition. Moreover, they have what those "big" clubs like Fenerbahce, Galatasaray and Besiktas lack: fair play among audience. That audience Fenerbahce constantly praises itself said all those bad curses to virtually all the players in Turkey - even to Naz Aydemir while she was playing in Eczacibasi last year. Even the proposition or the mentioning of a potential closing down of these two unique volleyball clubs based on lack of audience or the fact that they are companies but not sports clubs -as Mehmet Ali Aydinlar claims- is disrepect to Turkish volleyball, years of achievements and efforts, and volleyball fans.

This issue is related to the Champions League silver medal issue in the following manner: Somebody who can even offer or mention such a thing naturally does not have the knowledge of history of Turkish volleyball and does not know if other clubs have earned the silver medal before in the Champions League. Therefore that person also does not have the courtesy to bluntly suggest that those clubs should close down. I wish volleyball in Turkey could have been more compact and somebody could have stood up against such words of Mehmet Ali Aydinlar.

• This year the most important point was Scavolini Pesaro for me They eliminated to Bergamo and changed CL Champions name.First match Bergamo-Pesaro 2-3 If Pesaro won 2. match FB definetely won CL.Only one İtalian team won to FB Although Fb is new team only 3 players old.Seda,Eda,Cigdem the others are new transfers but I never forget this year.While seromony opened EU flags.What a shame?What are they tell to us?If you want to say only EU countries and teams join the CL ok you retype the rules.In my opinion Cannes is lost.Worst organization while FB match the music sound incridible and the seromony is the big shame also Aylin Ustundag who is the old volleyball players and tv spikers she is very ungry and she is right.You won cup or lost cup this is normal this is sport but no politics.this is unacceptable
    I hope future because FB has a big potantial.We are sports club we have 25000000 supporters we have amazing sport saloon coming soon 12000 capasity we won Turkish Cup also mens Turkish Champions.Bergamo is playing same players during ten years also Bergamo has Lo bianco,Del Core,Piccinini,Ortolani,Merlo They are important national team players.If we have Del Core or Piccinini with Natasha Osmokrovic We could be CL Cup.This year only one thing is important for me ıf the rules for foreign players 3+1 continue we can CL Cup.Bergamo is only one thing advantage from us Same players,same team the other hand we are the bigger team for saloon,for supporters,for financial We will wait and see GO Fenerbahce

• This year the most important point was Scavolini Pesaro for me They eliminated to Bergamo and changed CL Champions name.First match Bergamo-Pesaro 2-3 If Pesaro won 2. match FB definetely won CL.Only one İtalian team won to FB Although Fb is new team only 3 players old.Seda,Eda,Cigdem the others are new transfers but I never forget this year.While seromony opened EU flags.What a shame?What are they tell to us?If you want to say only EU countries and teams join the CL ok you retype the rules.In my opinion Cannes is lost.Worst organization while FB match the music sound incridible and the seromony is the big shame also Aylin Ustundag who is the old volleyball players and tv spikers she is very ungry and she is right.You won cup or lost cup this is normal this is sport but no politics.this is unacceptable
    I hope future because FB has a big potantial.We are sports club we have 25000000 supporters we have amazing sport saloon coming soon 12000 capasity we won Turkish Cup also mens Turkish Champions.Bergamo is playing same players during ten years also Bergamo has Lo bianco,Del Core,Piccinini,Ortolani,Merlo They are important national team players.If we have Del Core or Piccinini with Natasha Osmokrovic We could be CL Cup.This year only one thing is important for me ıf the rules for foreign players 3+1 continue we can CL Cup.Bergamo is only one thing advantage from us Same players,same team the other hand we are the bigger team for saloon,for supporters,for financial We will wait and see GO Fenerbahce

What do you mean about Cannes' organisation and cannes is lost?