The 2011 CEV Champions League

• I were there!! :D Amazing Vakifbank, I love them!!!

it was good match, good challenge.

ı am very glad for you ,mary. you saw your favorite players in the hall, ı think you are the best fun of maja polyak in this forum. :drink: :rolll:

• Muszyna is one of the disappointments in current CL so far...especially the two Dutch players Stam and Wensink :(

You are absolutely right - Stam is really, really bad... :( But it can't be an excuse. All team of Muszyna is just terrible right now. It is awful and shameful to watch Polish "top" :roll: playing AT HOME like some - with all the respect - teenagers form Croatia or Serbia... :mad:
    Volleyball is sport No.2 in Poland, popularity of this sport is really huge, our federation has a lot of money, which is given to the clubs... With all these factors such games by Polish team should be punishable by imprisonment :teach:

The most important 3:
    POLAND-SZCZECIN-VOLLEYBALL

5th place - Prediction Game - World League 2011 :D

• I think like Andrzej Niemczyk that in VakifGunes are playing the very professional Players. When was 24-13 for Istanbul in the 4th set Glinka presented dig in the very high level ^^ I hope that Vakifbank will promote to the Final Four.

• it was good match, good challenge.

ı am very glad for you ,mary. you saw your favorite players in the hall, ı think you are the best fun of maja polyak in this forum. :drink: :rolll:

thanks :P but it was quite hard to got to her, the man from security staff almost pushed me away for nothing.
    I heared people from Muszyna and they were very dissapointed about Debby's and Caroline's play

• You are not the one who is gonna tell me what to do edited.. once you wrote same message like this and I didnt respond, now you are doing it again .. get a life instead of waiting for me to write something so you can give your irrelevant opinion about my posts ... game over !!!
    As far as my beloved ZOK is concerned ... here are some new articles:

http://www.slobodnadalmacija.h…cleId/126082/Default.aspx
    http://www.slobodnadalmacija.h…cleId/125996/Default.aspx
    http://www.slobodnadalmacija.h…cleId/124807/Default.aspx

• If that really happens, I think will be first time that Bergamo participate a Champions League and do not arrive in final four! :(

If I`m not mistaken, before this one, were 11 Champions League played, 3 bronze medals, 1 silver medal and 7 gold medals! Its a great history.

This is the 12th time Bergamo plays Champions League.

Volley Bergamo

Women's Champions League since 1960/1961

Best result : 1st in 2009/2010
    7 times first in 2009/2010, 2008/2009, 2006/2007, 2004/2005, 1999/2000, 1998/1999, 1996/1997
    1 times second in 2001/2002
    3 times third in 2005/2006, 2002/2003, 1997/1998

Women's Challenge Cup since 1980/1981

Best result : 1st in 2003/2004
    1 times first in 2003/2004
    1 times second in 2000/2001

FIVB Women’s Club World Volleyball Championship since 1991

Best result : 3rd in 2010
    1 times third in 2010

• Matey_Sokolov and all members

Please I ask you gentaly to stop making such rude coments about any team...cause you see, here its a international volleyball forum, with people from all of the world, with fans from all over the world, including fans of ZOK I'm sure. So we should all respect all teams, and like that respect the supporters of them, and our friends here in forum. I dont know if you are their friends and they aloud you to speak in such matter with them, but you know, here we can not know the exacly intentions of anyone, sometimes we dont wanna be rude and end being it, cause we have different life stiles and different cultures. So we need to be carefull with words we use. Please next time write to make a compliment, or an analises (and by an analise not always have to be agreing, or complimenting, of course you can think something is wrong), I mean if is somethng to sare in a different point of view or something to add is always welcoming coment, but if is just to write bad words about any team, or person here, that dont add in nothing our volleyball knowlegde, or our good relation between members I think is better not write at all, find another place to do that, I dont know, and that I think should work for all members. Like that we can keep a good conversation in the forum, without missunderstandings.

No matter how powerfull the team is, their chances to win, that is not important....we all love volley, and all we all wanna see is more and more interest in the sport. And as lovers, we should work together that happens! ^^

Thanks and sorry if I offended anyone.

• I think like Andrzej Niemczyk that in VakifGunes are playing the very professional Players. When was 24-13 for Istanbul in the 4th set Glinka presented dig in the very high level ^^ I hope that Vakifbank will promote to the Final Four.

I hope VakıfBank can promote to the Final 4 :D It would be great!!

VakıfBank's girls play with hearts! Really!! Glinka, Poljak, Gözde, Nilay, Nikolic, Gizem, Özge.. all of them!! I even can't see Nikolic's aim when she is playing for Serbia NT! She plays different for VakıfBank :D I think she became a real VGSTT fan(this is her 3rd season) :D

• I hope they'll be in final four!
    Agree with kadir, Jelena is different in Vakif than in NT, she was absolutely great in last matches (Fenerbahce, Muszyna), she show her power. I love her! :obey:
    Vakifbank is amazing team with great atmosphere and passion, they can win whatever they want ;)

• Wonderful night for Turkish teams with perfect record of 3 wins!!!

Luxembourg, January 6, 2011. The fifth round of play in the
    2011 CEV Champions League came to a close tonight with all three Turkish
    teams competing in the women’s division displaying excellent
    performances and scoring convincing victories to celebrate their
    promotion to the Playoffs 12. Once again this shows that Volleyball is
    really being played at an extremely high-level there and all these teams
    will be serious contenders for the final crown that will be at stake
    this coming spring. In the men’s division, Noliko MAASEIK and VfB
    FRIEDRICHSHAFEN claimed away wins in Spain and Romania, but the guys
    around legendary coach Stelian Moculescu will have to try to catch the
    last train for the next round next week as they play two-time champion
    TRENTINO BetClic of Italy on the shores of the Bodensee.

Pool A – Bank BPS Fakro MUSZYNA (POL) vs. VakifGunesTTelekom ISTANBUL (TUR) 1:3 (25-23, 20-25, 14-25, 14-25)

The unbelievable support of the Polish fans did not help Bank BP Fakro MUSZYNA in their mission to defeat the guests from Turkey who won the match 3:1. The game finished with the same score of the previous clash in Istanbul and VakifGunes could celebrate its promotion to the Playoffs 12 with one leg still to go. “We are very happy, really happy. In the first set we made a way too many mistakes, but after that we found our level, our game. We also liked the atmosphere in the competition hall, it was nice to play in front of those fans” said Turkish captain Gözde Sonsirma.

Both teams started the match very concentrated and with real determination. A lot of long actions with great defenses were to be seen at the beginning of this battle. After the 1st technical time-out (7:8) the setter of VakifGunes, Nilay Özdemir, served a few aces giving to her team 4 points of advantage (7:11). However, Bank BPS Fakro approached to the rival for an interesting fight. Dutch lady Debby Stam-Pilon had problems in reception and that let the guests take the
    lead back. In this situation coach Serwiński decided to replace Stam with Klaudia Kaczorowska. The end of the set gave a lot of emotions, especially to the numerous fans who had resumed to the hall. The guests were leading already 18:23 but the hosts scored 7 points in a row thanks to a very good serving turn of Aleksandra Jagielo, and ultimately won
    the 1st set.

In the 2nd set both teams again were fighting point by point, showing good Volleyball with long actions, spectacular attacks and blocks. However, before the second mandatory stop, the Turks went up (14:16), stretched the margin and kept it until the very end for the final 20-25.Bank BPS Fakro had a much better reception (57% positive and 35%
    excellent while the same figures stood for the opponents at 39% and 22% respectively) but the team from Istanbul out-blocked their rivals 6 to 2. At the beginning of 3rd set the Poles dropped down from the game and
    ISTANBUL controlled the operations with real confidence. Mistake after mistake for MUSZYNA, the Turks won the set by a massive gap of 14 points. The guests played very solid also in the fourth set and their splendid performance in blocking made the difference in determining the outcome of the game. “It was an easier match than I had expected it to
    be. My team played great in defense and block and this was a key to win this game” confirmed the Italian-born coach of the Turks, Giovanni Guidetti.

The best Polish player tonight, captain Aleksandra Jagielo (10 points), added: “It is a pity. After the first sets where there was a real fight came two sets in which we lost our rhythm. The hall was full and it is a pity that those fantastic fans had to watch our bad game. I think we should apologize for this”. VakifGunes played as a team but the best scorers tonight were their stars Jelena Nikolić (20 points) and Malgorzata Glinka-Mogentale (19 points) but also their libero, Gizem Güresen, made a great job in defense. For Bank BPS the game on schedule next week in Odintsovo will be the last chance to get the promotion to the Playoffs 12. “We will go to Russia and we will fight for victory.
    There is nothing else we can do” stated coach Bogdan Serwiński.

http://www.cev.lu/mmp/online/w…ne/755/1711/18787_EN.html

• I heard Muszynianka's coach and he said to Mariola Zenik
    "look at you friend from other sight of the net, she goes to every ball and you just stand!"
    Gizmo was great yesterday, I like her defence.

• I began to like Vakifbank! Glinka gave special charachtere to this team!
    I think they will meet one of other Turish teams,but they have chance to defeat them both!!! i hope they will!
    INSHALLAH Final Four will be in Baku and Vakifbank will be here too! ;) :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

• yes, he really said that, he was right. Zenik was very poor in defance and Gizem - amazing!
    Maybe Debby still needs time but I think Muszynianka's coach disassembled their play by unnecessary substitutions

• I heard Muszynianka's coach and he said to Mariola Zenik
    "look at you friend from other sight of the net, she goes to every ball and you just stand!"
    Gizmo was great yesterday, I like her defence.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
    Yeah, I agree with him. Gizem has improved a lot, she is having her best season I think.

• Hi everybody:) it is first time ı am writing although ı have been reading for a long time.
    ı think vakıf is playing as a team. and ı wish they will be reached the final-4 in may.
    and ı am so sorry for polish team because ı like this team but they cannot beat strong teams:(
    and about rabita congrats rabita becaus ı saw girls were sick but they took 2 sets and forced pesaro. :olympia: