The 2012 CEV Champions League

• Fenerbahçe's reception were excellent during the 2 days. (Logan Tom Andy Murray'den daha fazla ace yapıyor yazmışlar :rolll: )

"Lo sbaglio più grande e quello di credere di aver vinto prima ancora di giocare la partita"

• :lol: Yes, i didn't expect that. Nihan surpised me in a very good way. ^^ By the way Kim is the best server and the best spiker too according to stats :super:

me to :lol: In Champions League the drawing of lots methods will change in next year ;) Let's see what we can do Turkish League now

"Lo sbaglio più grande e quello di credere di aver vinto prima ancora di giocare la partita"

• Why did Fenerbahce dominate CL this season, while last year they failed eventually?

1. They adapted their transfer-policy to 2+1 rule. Last year they played with almost two total different teams (Turkish League < --> CL ). This season they played with Naz, Kim, Eda and Sokolova in both leagues. So much more structure/coöperation.

2. Good transferpolicy. Kim for Skowronska..no need to explain. Fabiana for Fürst (though Fürst is a great player, she played below her normal level last year..I think mainly because of setter-change all the time). Tom for Osmokrovic (I think Osmokrovic is a better spiker, but Tom is a better server, receiver and defender).

3, Naz last year < --> Naz this year is alomst like day <--> night. She improved very much!!!

4. Last year Fenerbahce was a group of stars playing like individuals on court. This season they succeeded to let all stars play like a real team!

• congratulations to Fenrbahce!! they played PERFECTLY today..Kim is amazing!! I agree with everything you've said about her, I can't add anything, because everything has already been said!! Iliked Logan a lot, she deserved a individual awards..!!

on the other side cannes' spikers were so poor today, especially Lipicer and Kozlova (she played well on Saturday but very badly today).. Rasic was stopped and Ravva wasn't so dangerous, Antonjievic didn't have many solutions, the recption has been so unprecise..Cardullo played badly too, this is so rare of her!! but I think this id due to the strenght of Fenerbahce, they were all on the top!

CEV no comment...2 individual awrds to Villa that was unwatchable?!? or also Cardullo... :down:

• Pavan deserves it but the award as best server mabe should have been won my Logan Tom.

It's possible, you just have to believe in yourself and really not care what other people say, because I've heard it all.
    If you let someone else dictate what you're going to do in life, then you won't get there.

Non so neanche come onestamente: in due mesi ero di nuovo in campo.

• Agree with everything you say, just some additions: Fürst's weak performance last season was also due to her shoulder injury which she suffered in 2010. It still harmed her a long time afterwards, but either way I think Fabiana is stronger at least in attack. About Naz, one important factor is that she finally feels the trust of being 1st setter instead of having Dirickx (!) or Fofao in front of her. From a technical point of view she hasn't changed much, but she plays with much more confidence now because she knows she won't be substituted right away if she does something wrong.

• me to :lol: In Champions League the drawing of lots methods will change in next year ;) Let's see what we can do Turkish League now

I can't say anything about it, you know semi-final is only one match. thanks to TVF.

I agree all of these. But i want to add that all these things are the success of Ze Roberto. He made transfers by his own. He chose all the players at least foreign players this year. Last year except Sokolova, none of them were his choices.
    Real team play is also his success , of course i must add that all star players in the team have very good personalities, Kim and Fabiana especially. They seem so humble and easy-going people. you can see that everyone like each other on the court.
    About Naz, she thanked Ze after the match for working with her so hard for last two years. He made a huge effect of Naz' improvement i think.

Dirickx

:rolll: :rolll: :rolll:

It's possible, you just have to believe in yourself and really not care what other people say, because I've heard it all.
    If you let someone else dictate what you're going to do in life, then you won't get there.

• Bartek I don't get your point of view..You said something like Vakıfbank is luck baby that won the CL last year.But you forget one thing that luck can be with you only one match, Vakıfbank won all of their CL matches last year :whistle: :wavy: I still believe that Vakıfbank is better than Cannes..I think the real lucky baby is Cannes that they were destroyed by Vakıfbank in Turkey, they won the match in France with a great difficulty and won the golden set with Vakıfbank's errors.And as everybody accept the golden set rule is just awful decision was taken by CEV.And in final 4 they played against the weakest team in semifinal. We saw Cannes against strong teams (against VTT in Istanbul and today against Fenerbahce).. I don't want to be rude to Cannes fans but these are my opinions. :win: Anyway I don't want to talk about that topic because it is over and Fenerbahce took it :drink:

If Vakibank was really better than Cannes, they would have won in quarterfinals ;)

• Naz and Lloyd are the best blockers of their teams :lol:

Loooool XD It is true

• @ Matthias

I agree with you. I forgot about Fürst's injury and indeed Naz now gets the confidence she needs, though I also think she improved her game technically a lot!

@ dexter

:white: I didn't know the things you mention. If that's the case, indeed Ze Roberto deserves our appreciation very much :flower: :flower: :flower:

@ Loca Inside

Indeed. Dirickx is not a bad setter, but way too weak for Fenerbahce. I presume Fener's Belgian headcoach (Jan de Brandt) was the only reason for her transfer to Fener.

• I agree on what you are saying about Naz...she has inproved a lot thanks to Ze! but the most important thing is that she is more confident now with herself, with the team and with the coach. that is so important for a setter, especially if she is so young!

• Eda is like one of us, her speech after the match was very emotional

@ dexter

Could you summarize what Eda said?

Are there already videos of interviews with Fener-players available? (I can't understand what they say of course, but it's nice to see :D)

• according to the stats Kim had a better spiking % than Pavan...

But Kim won also other awards.... poor rest of the world!

@ Loca Inside

Indeed. Dirickx is not a bad setter, but way too weak for Fenerbahce. I presume Fener's Belgian headcoach (Jan de Brandt) was the only reason for her transfer to Fener.

I remember her in Conegliano with Gioli last year... She sets very bad balls for Simona! Once I ear in a time out she was not happy XD

• @ dexter

Could you summarize what Eda said?

Are there already videos of interviews with Fener-players available? (I can't understand what they say of course, but it's nice to see :D)

Actually i can't watch Eda' interview live. But i saw it on the twitter. She said that "our president couldn't come to my wedding last summer (he is in jail since 3 July. He will be judged on Monday) now i will take this cup to him on Monday. Probably it doesn't sound so emotional to you, but really we're having really hard times, a lot of players in the club tell similar things during 9 months but Eda's word really impressed me These words went deep into my heart.
    I can't find any videos but there will be News on FBTV about 5 minutes later on http://fbtvonline.com/ They will show interviews and ceremony i guess.

And you may check this channels later for videos
    http://www.youtube.com/user/SariMelekler
    http://www.youtube.com/user/fenermedya1907