CEV Cup 2011/12

• First have to see if Helena will be able to play..I hope so, would be a big lost for the competition.

I hope her injury is not serious :drink:

"Lo sbaglio più grande e quello di credere di aver vinto prima ancora di giocare la partita"

• I hope her injury is not serious :drink:

She won't play the next match of the play-off

It's possible, you just have to believe in yourself and really not care what other people say, because I've heard it all.
    If you let someone else dictate what you're going to do in life, then you won't get there.

Non so neanche come onestamente: in due mesi ero di nuovo in campo.

• 1. match 27.03 in Italy

2. match 31.03 in Turkey

Thank you!

It's possible, you just have to believe in yourself and really not care what other people say, because I've heard it all.
    If you let someone else dictate what you're going to do in life, then you won't get there.

• Congratulations to GSMP :flower: :flower: :flower:

To be honest, I didn't expect them to advance to the final, after seeing last week's match in Constanta :!:

In the final they are the clear underdog. Normally, they have no chance against Busto. But life is full of surprises :P

• Great, finally the battle between Calderon and Havelkova will happen ! (if the later is healthy and can play). I hope and think Busto wins since they are so much better in defence/receiving, but everything is possible !

• Great, finally the battle between Calderon and Havelkova will happen!

No, the battle will be Calderon vs a team ;) Galatasaray is Leo and Calderon, Busto is 7 good players plus some on bench. Calderon played very impressive today, but just imagine she would be sick or injured. Galatasaray would be NOTHING without her, while Busto showed this week that they can play very well even when one key player is missing ;)

• We now that the final will be Busto-Leo+Calderon

• Everyone in Galatasaray is showing a big effort to win not only Calderon :whistle: If other coaches had a player like Calderon they would build their system on Calderon too she is an excellant winner.Neither Havelkova nor Havlickova are a winner like Calderon so for sure they must share the points,anyway i believe Galatasaray can win CEV cup :win:

2010/2011 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Turkish Cup Winner :cup:
    2011/2012 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Super Cup Winner :cup:

• No, the battle will be Calderon vs a team ;) Galatasaray is Leo and Calderon, Busto is 7 good players plus some on bench. Calderon played very impressive today, but just imagine she would be sick or injured. Galatasaray would be NOTHING without her, while Busto showed this week that they can play very well even when one key player is missing ;)

Although I agree with you (per se), I feel like I should intervene here and say although she doesn't get much chance to play, Seray used to be (and I believe she still is) a very decent opposite.
    She almost single-handedly carried GS to the semifinals three years ago against VB, which had Kinga, Grun, Nikolic and Neslihan in their roster.

• No, the battle will be Calderon vs a team ;) Galatasaray is Leo and Calderon, Busto is 7 good players plus some on bench. Calderon played very impressive today, but just imagine she would be sick or injured. Galatasaray would be NOTHING without her, while Busto showed this week that they can play very well even when one key player is missing ;)

Yes, of course iknow, but I was just referring to the discussion Calderon vs. Havelkova there was in the forum for some month ago ;)

• Yes, of course iknow, but I was just referring to the discussion Calderon vs. Havelkova there was in the forum for some month ago ;)

And Galatasaray can play in Italian semifinals or not :lol: If Galatasaray beats Busto it will be a big disapointment for some users :whistle:

2010/2011 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Turkish Cup Winner :cup:
    2011/2012 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Super Cup Winner :cup:

• Although I agree with you (per se), I feel like I should intervene here and say although she doesn't get much chance to play, Seray used to be (and I believe she still is) a very decent opposite.
    She almost single-handedly carried GS to the semifinals three years ago against VB, which had Kinga, Grun, Nikolic and Neslihan in their roster.

Agree with that too...why doesn't she get chances to play anyway?? Natalia is old and slow, she really was a great player but I think it's time for her to stop, and Selime is good but I also remember Seray as much better player than Selime...

• Agree with that too...why doesn't she get chances to play anyway?? Natalia is old and slow, she really was a great player but I think it's time for her to stop, and Selime is good but I also remember Seray as much better player than Selime...

Well the easy answer would be:
    She just can't receive.
    She is just another opposite, GS tried to convert to OH, like many turkish teams did before with other players(wink* seda wink*).
    Turkish teams notoriously cannot train OHs from their youth academies, instead they train Opp, who they somehow hope could play as OHs.
    It's the turkish way. Even the men's team do this.

The real answer (imo) is poor strategy.
    I cannot understand these managers. When you have a very decent turkish opposite, you don't sign another opposite when there is 2 foreigners rule, whoever that is. I think GS could be a much better team if they have signed an OH of Calderons caliber (respectively of course). I guess it was too good of a chance to make an impression when GS managers realized they can sign Calderon, and they couldn't pass that opportunity.

• Totally agree! Another wrong strategy is that signing Leo and Calderon together. In my opinion, for using a spiker such as Calderon who attack high balls and use lots of power instead of fast sets :whistle: Even an average Russian setter would give proper sets for Calderon. In this regard, using Leo for setting Calderon is l,ke using Michael Schumacher for driving a van :roll:

If you have such talented setter who can play fast and with different variation you should have decent receiver so that she can use MB properly and even short attacker would be efficient with a setter such as Lo Bianco. If I would transfer Lo Bianco to my team I would totally take a good receiver-even she is short- (Del Core, Bosetti, Gözde or Esra) and a scorer MB such as Gioli, Poljak, Fürst, Fabiana or Rasiç instead of tall powerful winner spiker :whistle:

• Congratulations Galatasaray! :flower: They deserved it this time! Good luck against Busto :wavy:

about the talks here, yes I agree with Matthias saying Galatasaray would be way weaker without Calderon but in these days it's hard to win big games with only 2 players even if the other players are weaker than Calderon and Lo Bianco, I think we should respect their efforts too :) Especially Sladjana has been a consistent player so far and so has Nilay in the league but Nesic preferred Gökçen to her in CEV Cup till semis, I have to say she played well against Constanta, too :) But I also agree Busto performs a teamplay which I love most ^^

oh and Seray, the most underrated player of the last seasons sadly, a big talent with no stable carrier because of kinda bad team choices :( GS transferred her as OH this year because in the season GS eliminated Vakıf in quarters of playoff she was playing OH, she was really playing well and had a big effort in these victories so they thought she could play as OH again this year. And actually she was playing well in the matches where she had a chance to play, according to statistics she was the second best spiker after Kim in the league but against Fenerbahçe she played a bad match which is normal and Nesic gave up of her after that :whistling: and now some people told she has health problems(about her eyes) that's why she is not even in the roster lately. :(

edit:not that they thought she could play as OH of course, I mean they thought she could recieve well again :)

• Congratulations Galatasaray, Calderon was more than impressive, any team should be unstobable in attack with an Opp like her :!: