CEV Cup 2011/12

• Unfortunately not.... Busto is too far from my city

It's possible, you just have to believe in yourself and really not care what other people say, because I've heard it all.
    If you let someone else dictate what you're going to do in life, then you won't get there.

Non so neanche come onestamente: in due mesi ero di nuovo in campo.

• There's no mistake! :cup: and next year Italy will surely win Cev Cup again with Piacenza or Modena, which have a lot of money and are going to make a really good team for next season :)

• may teams play 3rd match an another volleyball hall, but i agree with Loca golden set is bullshit in my opinion

• Why do you think it's not fair? The only problem I see is that the team which plays 2nd match (+ Golden Set) at home has an advantage, but it's the same in a Final 4 tournament where the host plays final match.

Such an advantage means a lot in a final game. If there is no host team, then it is expected that everything is neutral. Any idea, what is the criteria on designating the schedule? Not only for the final game, but also all the previous match-ups? Host teams playing behind their supporters are different story in my opinion.

• Such an advantage means a lot in a final game. If there is no host team, then it is expected that everything is neutral. Any idea, what is the criteria on designating the schedule? Not only for the final game, but also all the previous match-ups? Host teams playing behind their supporters are different story in my opinion.

Its hard to organize an organization in a neutral city. It will be hard to full the hall with spectators. MAybe a final 4 or even a final 8 like in Basketball would suit perfectly with an organisation team ! I am against a third match, because in volleyball the calendary is too exhausting. They have too many matches, league, national cup, super cup and european cup. Its okay to have only 2 matches. I think that golden set is better than set-ratio. Even the points-ratio system makes a match not that exciting, It causes only more stress for the teams. Maybe CEV should reorganize its cups and should unite the Cev cup with challenge cup. It would make the cup even more worthfull. Too many cup organizations is not good

• Its hard to organize an organization in a neutral city. It will be hard to full the hall with spectators. MAybe a final 4 or even a final 8 like in Basketball would suit perfectly with an organisation team ! I am against a third match, because in volleyball the calendary is too exhausting. They have too many matches, league, national cup, super cup and european cup. Its okay to have only 2 matches. I think that golden set is better than set-ratio. Even the points-ratio system makes a match not that exciting, It causes only more stress for the teams. Maybe CEV should reorganize its cups and should unite the Cev cup with challenge cup. It would make the cup even more worthfull. Too many cup organizations is not good

I agree with you but i am not talking about golden set rules. I am curious what is the criteria to select the games where will be played first and second, or is there any criteria? If the answer is no, then the number of sets losing until reaching the final can be a decisive factor about the place where the first final game will be played.

• I don't think this list is accurate. Or atlleast, I may be thinking of something else. As far as I know, CEV Cup has changed names over the years.

Pre-2000, it was CEV Cup Winner's Cup.

Starting, 2000, it was Top Teams Cup.

Top Teams Cup Champions
    2000/2001 Asterix Kieldrecht
    2001/2002 Azerrail Baku
    2002/2003 RC Villebon 91
    2003/2004 VakıfBank GS Türk Telekom Istanbul
    2004/2005 Pallavolo Chieri
    2005/2006 Sant'Orsola Asystel Novara
    2006/2007 Grupo 2002 Murcia

And then in 2007, changed to CEV Cup.

CEV Cup Champions
    2007/2008 Scavolini Pesaro
    2008/2009 Asystel Novara
    2009/2010 Yamamay Busto Arsizio
    2010/2011 Urbino
    2011/2012 Yamamay Busto Arsizio

If by CEV Cup, we mean the second-tier tournament in Europe, then other countries have won it, too.

Someone correct me if my understanding is wrong :wavy:

• @ marshmellow

yes, you are right

pre 2000 it was called CEV Cup Winner's Cup., then they changeg till 2007 to Top Teams Cup and now Cev Cup. Its still the same, the second-tier tournament of Europe but with different Names.

The third cup is called Challenge Cup, pre 2007 it was Cev-Cup

• @ Bay Ekyqnc

thats a good question how it is defined which team plays as first at home, And thats maybe one big disadvantage at the golden-set system, but as i said, if you want to become a champion, than you have to win it, no matter how or where !

• It was in CEV site the list, in history of CEV Cup tournaments.

Didnt Top teams cup become Challenge Cup?

No, it didnt, Many people mixed it with the names, but you can read it on Wikipedia, which I think it is good written

• I guess hte msot fair thing would be a three games serie, but I understand that would be just impossible with calendar. I dont think just one game is fair too.

So, well, It is hard decision indeed witch is the better way to make it I guess. :S

• No, it didnt, Many people mixed it with the names, but you can read it on Wikipedia, which I think it is good written

But acording to Lega site and Pesaro site, they did win CEV Cup in 2005/2006 while Novara won Top Teams Cup.

I mean, wikipedia is written by us, fans, or anyone...I guess the cev site should be more trustable, isnt it? I'm not sure..just imaging.. ;)

and also I know Foppa won CEV Cup one time, not Challenge Cup (or Top teams Cup).

• I am looking now to the official site of Bergamo

It says: Cev Cup 2003/04. And Cev Cup was named till 2007, after 2007 it was renamed to Challenge Cup

:whistle: hmm, pretty confusing, But on wikipedia you can look where they got their sources, but after CEV changed its webpage layout its hard to find them

• Pesaro webpages: 2008 Coppa Cev, vikipedia: 2007/08 Cev Cup winner Pesaro (2nd Cup)

Pesaro webpages: 2006 Coppa Cev, vikipedia, 2006 Cev Cup winner Pesaro (3rd cup)

• I am looking now to the official site of Bergamo

It says: Cev Cup 2003/04. And Cev Cup was named till 2007, after 2007 it was renamed to Challenge Cup

:whistle: hmm, pretty confusing, But on wikipedia you can look where they got their sources, but after CEV changed its webpage layout its hard to find them

It is confusing indeed..hehehehehe thanks anyway for the help. :flower: