CEV Cup 2011/12

• But acording to Lega site and Pesaro site, they did win CEV Cup in 2005/2006 while Novara won Top Teams Cup.

I mean, wikipedia is written by us, fans, or anyone...I guess the cev site should be more trustable, isnt it? I'm not sure..just imaging.. ;)

and also I know Foppa won CEV Cup one time, not Challenge Cup (or Top teams Cup).

Correct me again if I am wrong, but as far as I know,

Top Teams Cup (used to be 2nd-tier) was renamed CEV Cup (2nd-tier now)

And CEV Cup (3rd-tier before) was renamed to Challenge Cup (3rd-tier now)

So while there are winners of tournaments named "CEV Cup", they are talking about different levels of competion (2nd-tier and 3rd-tier in Europe)

In 2005/2006, Novara won Top Teams Cup (2nd-tier) and Pesaro won CEV Cup (3rd-tier)
    In 2003/2004, Foppa won CEV Cup (3rd-tier)

So if people are asking about CEV CUP, I clarfiy -- are they speaking of, who won the 2nd-tier tournament in Europe, regardess of what it has been called over the years?

Or are they speaking of who won a tournament NAMED Cev Cup? :lol:

• congratulations to Busto!! they managed to play as a real team (they didn't do it in the first match maybe for the atmosphere!) and I'm really happy...CEV cup is staying in Italy again!! :woohoo: :woohoo: :cup: :cup:

• Congrats Arsizio.

while i was watching the match some stats appeared on the screen:Gs'reception:%34 and 17 Yamamay's:% 74 and 53 .The stats were nearly like that.And that shows why Gs lost.
    Now i took a look at the stats overall: Gs's reception: 53 and 33; on the other hand ,Yamamay's: 73 and 54
    So can we really say Yamamay is better? If those reception stats were close then i could say Yamamay is a better team.
    btw, i liked Mejiners..she played very well and got very crucial points and her serves destroyed Gs's reception most.And setter Lloyd.i expected her to make some setting mistakes but Holy Cow! :white: she didnt. is she a human being? ( Lol) :P
    if this match had been played in another place and Gs's reception had been acceptable and some of the players of Yamamay had made some mistakes at crucial times like ordinary teams' players then Gs would have had a bigger chance to win the title.

i'd have liked Gs to win this cup especially for Leo Lo Bianco.Because she have never won a cev cup in her career.

• I see, its pretty far from Sicily really!

I'm not from sicily...

BTW, I hope Italy will win as CL as CEV cups ahahah

It's possible, you just have to believe in yourself and really not care what other people say, because I've heard it all.
    If you let someone else dictate what you're going to do in life, then you won't get there.

Non so neanche come onestamente: in due mesi ero di nuovo in campo.

• Hehe okay, I thought Terronia was located in Sicily but then I was wrong, sorry! But it should be pretty close, right?

Terronia is an expression used in Italy that indicates in general the southern regions..sometimes it is also used in an offensive way! for example people living in the North say "sei un terrone" (you're a "terrone") and they want to underline your southern origins..of course it is a stupid idea (some people in the North feel like they're superior :down: )
    it is an historical term because in 1800 people living in South Italy were working in the fields..in Italy you say "lavorare la terra"...
    so terra-->terrone-->terronia..
    but it's not a specific region or city! I hope I have been clear and not so boring :)

• if so why did you wait to answer till Galatasaray win? and didn't make any comment :whistle: But I won't wait till Yamamay will win next match to comment :roll: I still claim that Yamamay is way better TEAM than Galatasaray, which only depends on two superb players :whistle: And Yamamay without a healthy Havelkova almost means the same situation without Leo or Calderon, and even more (since she is crucial at both attacking and receiving) So it is not a fair proof to compare this two teams. Let's wait next match and ses 8)

As I claimed before, Busto proved that they are far better team than Galatasaray. They are too much depend on Calderon's performance and she doesn't perform well they play like an average team. Moreover, Busto has better bench players, as seen Meijners played very good and they succeed to win even without Havelkova :whistle:

What Galatasaray has to do is ending contract with Calderon and sign a good receiving spiker but not the level of Miletiç of course

• About golden set, I am still against that rule!! I think golden set should be played if both teams win the match with the same score (3-1, 1-3 or 3-2,2-3). I am curious if anyone knows who decides where the 2nd match will played..There are a lot of UNKNOWNS in Cev..They must clear something up for next year..

• Terronia is an expression used in Italy that indicates in general the southern regions..sometimes it is also used in an offensive way! for example people living in the North say "sei un terrone" (you're a "terrone") and they want to underline your southern origins..of course it is a stupid idea (some people in the North feel like they're superior :down: )
    it is an historical term because in 1800 people living in South Italy were working in the fields..in Italy you say "lavorare la terra"...
    so terra-->terrone-->terronia..
    but it's not a specific region or city! I hope I have been clear and not so boring :)

I see, thx for explanation :)

• I see, thx for explanation :)

...and we said "polentoni" to people who live in the north for the same reason they call us "terroni" XD :lol:

What Galatasaray has to do is ending contract with Calderon and sign a good receiving spiker but not the level of Miletiç of course

The problem is that Calderon will play another year in GSMP, I hope as opposite!

It's possible, you just have to believe in yourself and really not care what other people say, because I've heard it all.
    If you let someone else dictate what you're going to do in life, then you won't get there.

• It's possible, you just have to believe in yourself and really not care what other people say, because I've heard it all.

• @ locainside

what is leo saying ? Can you summarize it please ?! :wavy:

She said that she was happy to play in Italy also if Gala have lost. She said "thank you" to people who support her and want her as italian flag bearer in London and she recive a dvd with the videos of fans (recorded by Italin Lega in some matches) that want give her our flag XD Se said she is following on the internet everything about it . In the end of the video the interviewer ask Leo to say what people usually say. ["vogliamo Leo portabandiera" ("We want Leo as f.b.")] and she said "anch'io Leo Lo Bianco voglio andare a Londra con la bandiera... insomma dai, aiutatemi!" (Me too, Leo Lo Bianco, I want go in London with the flag... help me!) XD :cup:

Edited once, last by Loca inside ().

• You are welcome!

• CEV Cup Final 2012: Yamamay Busto Arsizio 4-1 Galatasaray Full Match + Ceremony

Yamamay Busto Arsizio - Ai se eu te pego :dance6:

"Lo sbaglio più grande e quello di credere di aver vinto prima ancora di giocare la partita"

• The whole world is now dominated by Ai se eu te pego :lol: :lol:

• As I see you are so happy filedefener :D :lol: I am curious you would be such happy if Galatasaray won the cup :whistle: Anyway, everybody is free to support any team , but I was thinking you wanted to see CEV Cup in Turkey, not only you but all the Turkish members..

• I was in Burhan Felek, İstanbul during the first match and like to share my psychological comments if it is not too long:
    The match was totally under high pressure of Galatasaray Supporters exhibited to Busto Arsizio players in Burhan Felek, İstanbul. The atmosphere of the saloon is sometimes quite significant for the outcome of the match, especially the two forces more or less are equal. When their team lost serial points, it attracted attention that Galatasaray supporters were increasing the dosage of their support which also mean that they won the match in their minds.

Both teams appeared highly motivated for the match and so were the coaches. Dragan Nesić, Coach of Galatasaray, was much more calm and a little bit more supportive for his players compared with opponents coach.

In the first set, Galatasaray dominated the game especially with the contributions of Lo Bianco. She was the "brain" of her team. She directed the game and with Calderon's spikes, the score was 11-6. It was also a good demonstration of "Team Work". Carlo Parisi, the coach of Busto Arsizio, was wise about time outs; he never let his team become demotivated or collapsed. Also, he used time outs before it is too late. i.e. when it was 7-14, he did not wait for the technical time out. Natali and Calderon's spikes presented Galatasaray a 19-10 advantage. Carlo Parisi might try some alternative strategies or might do something to adrenalize his players to have a chance to reverse the game but he looked demotivated and did nothing. Even when the score became 12-19, still no different efforts. So, Busto Arsizio lost the chance, though it might be a breaking point of the match. Lacking a motivating one, Arsizio lost the first set: 16-25.

Second set began and went on with more successful game of Busto Arsizio. Bauer of Arsizio has significant physical advantage, such as her height but in this game it looked like she was far from using her advantage, she made too many simple mistakes. On the other hand, her existance may be contributing to Arsizio's team work. Galatasaray coach, Dragan Nesić, requested time out even the score became 2-5. In my opinion, it was just the time not to let his players to demotivate. Indeed, time out worked and Galatasaray scored two points following. In the beginning of the second set, though Busto Arsizio was going well and dominating the game, Galatasaray appeared totally motivated and believed their superiority. 5-8 Galatasaray was motivated. When it was 5-11 Nesić requested the second time out and at that time the team had been distracted. 7-12 and 9-14 Galatasaray players were still demoralized, distracted with the exception of Nilay who always motivated her friends and became the leader of her team-mates. 9-17 Coach Nesić was still motivating and trying to fire his team. An excellent spike from Eric, Galatasaray. Calderon missed the service: 12-20.
    Meanwhile, Nilay was excellent: Critical blocks and spikes from Nilay. Following minutes, we witnessed a miracle, 12-20 turned to 21-21. To me, basic factors were the motivation of Dragan Nesić, the leader Nilay and the atmosphere created by Galatasaray supporters. But, the set was won by Busto Arsizio: 22-25. Now sets are 1-1.

In the third set, Nilay exhibited a very successful game. Calderon was stopped by too many strong blocks: 9-11. Nesić requested time out at the right time to prevent demotivation: 10-13. I caught a significant event in this set, though it may look like an ordinary experience at first. In my point of view, this kind of experiences demotivate the player and also the team: Natali missed a service with a simple mistake and just looked at the Coach Nesić to see his reaction, but meanwhile Nesić was turning his back to the players with a disappointment. He did not see Natali's look. I believe that this or this kind of events covertly, unconsciously effect the player and demoralize the team. Actually, Natali was not in the game all the 4. Set long. I can not interpret totally why she was out for sure since the Coach Nesić might have many other non-psychological reasons for that. After a stiff competition, Galatasaray won the set 25-23. The sets were Galatasaray vs Busto Arsizio 2-1.

Forth set surprised me since "in game motivator" Nilay and successful Natali were out of the game. There is no doubt that Nesić had his valid reasons for that and being just an observer outside, I do not have any obvious reasons to negatively critisize him. What I felt was Galatasaray played the forth set with facing risks. 6-8 and 6-10: Nesić used time out. Though she was out of the game, Nilay was still motivating her friends and the team. Her motivating and supportive behavior should never be underestimated and carefully evaluated by the coach of Galatasaray. During the set, the spikes of Calderon were excellent. The score changed as following: 9-10, 12-12, 14-17, 15-19. Eventually, Galatasaray won the set 25-22. The final score was as following: Galatasaray vs Busto Arsizio: 3-1.
    Galatasaray succeeded in the last set with its soul. We shall see whether it is going to be enough in Italy in the second leg.
    March 27, 2012