Challenge Cup 2011/12

• The success of Iller Bankası is very very important for Turkey in terms of decreasing the points difference against Italy. Because Italy has no team in this cup, really interesting. If this situation keeps going also for next year, then Turkey will most probably surpass Italy in the ranking list.

• The success of Iller Bankası is very very important for Turkey in terms of decreasing the points difference against Italy. Because Italy has no team in this cup, really interesting. If this situation keeps going also for next year, then Turkey will most probably surpass Italy in the ranking list.

yes,you're right.

• im sure they will beat iller Bankası at home .İller B. :thumbdown: i wish the other Turkish teams were in this cup rather than İller.
    And Ezgi played terribely :white:

Nilüfer couldn't even reach to the first round come on we don't have superior teams in the league behind big 4. I'm happy iller could come to quarters ^^ It's sad how Ezgi played in this match though :( The problem this year is setters. Look 23 blocks by Suhl... That's nothing but setter's fault. Tuğçe is talented but she couldn't get over her injury yet :(

• yes,you're right.

Actually not quite right. I checked some information from the season of 2008-2009.

Firstly, while the ranking list was being calculated it was maintained according to the successes of the years 2008-2009, 2009-2010, 2010-2011. So i did wanna check the season of 2008-2009 that will be cancelled when constituting the ranking list for the season of 2013-2014. Here is the information like Joanamss wrote already;

Volley Bergamo (ITA) winning the Women's Champions League

Asystel Novara (ITA) winning the Women's CEV Cup

Vini Monteschiavo Jesi (ITA) winning the Women's Challenge Cup

As it seems, Italy had incredible achievement in that year. Now lets check Turkish teams' successes in that year, here it is;

Eczacibasi Istanbul (TUR) getting the fourth place in the Women's Champions League

Fenerbahçe Istanbul (TUR) getting the third place in the Women's CEV Cup

DYO Karsiyaka Izmir (TUR) reaching only third round in the Women's Challenge Cup

Now it is the time to compare the points;

Bergamo had more points than Eczacıbası with about 18 points.

Novara had more points than Fener with about 11 points.

Jesi had more points than Karsiyaka with about 29 points.

As a result, the total points difference between Italy and Turkey in the season of 2008-2009 was about 58 points. It means that Italy will have big loss in their points for the ranking list 2013-2014. It is also valid for another area-basketball for Italians. They will be in a sharp decrease when constituting new basketball ranking list.

Turkey will most probably get second place for the new list that will be announced earliest time.

• Like Tina Turner sings:

We don't need another Baku Final
    We want see the Cup in Russia
    All We need is away victories
    And Nati will cry all night [blonds' revenge (Emil;))]

^^

Baki Asistant coach told they lead 4th set, because of referees some mistakes they lost 4th set.

I hope they will win in Baku 8)

• If I read smth like that, I would write it, too. Dont worry Bartek :win:

• I don't worry I am happy like that :D :lol: because without Baku Teams Semi-Finals will be very exciting.

• Well Omichka didn't want to finish off Baku Volleyball City so gave Baki the Win. Omichka has big heart, I'm proud of Her :mirror:

• BAKI (AZERBAIJAN) - OMICKA (RUSSIA) - 3:0 (25:22, 25:19, 25:21) + 15-9 in golden set!!!!

Congrats girls!!! :super: Great match,totally deserved it, tomorrow time for Lokomotiv to progress to semi-finals!!!! :dance4:

• Lokomotiv gained access to semi-final Challenge Cup after winning 3-0 and 20-18 golden set to Brno. It was the czech republic team close to win with 3 set balls in golden set.

• Why VC Baki and Lokomotiv Baki not facing each other in semifinals if they are from same country?

Isnt that the rule from CEV???

http://www.cev.lu/Competition-…titionMatches.aspx?ID=553

That anoys me in CEV< the rule is aplicated in some situations, but not in all....Busto and Urbino will have to face each other in semifinals, the same can happen with Fenerbahçe and Vakifbank, but not for Vc Baki and Lokomotiv? Why?

• That rule applies to CL only