The 2013 CEV Champions League

• FB wasn't best team, they were only the most expensive team ;) Now Vakıfbank is the team which plays best team game in Europe. Rabita also has very strong and deep roster, especially with world's best libero and two monster attackers (Montano and Foluke), Rabita is hard to beat. However, Vakıfbank's roster is well-balanced and experienced.

Eczacıbaşı urgently needs a good setter, neither Özge nor Asuman is on the level of final-four playing team. Moreover, blocking inadequacy of Eczacı's both setters was big advantage for Vakıfbank's attackers :whistle:

i think what bartek means is that jut like fb who were picked by most to win in 2011 vakifbank is also the same being considered by many as an almost automatic champion and he sees the similarity of the 2 situations ;)

• Was there any disappointing player at Vakif? No. Star of the game was Vakif team, again. Gizem saved many balls from the floor, Furst blocked many important attacks which killed their confidence of Ezc hitters, Brakocevic did what a good hitter does and she did that perfectly today, Gozde the captain is the team spiritualist, etc. Bench didn't play much this time, so, no comment. Saori, given more chance, showed her position is fixed for next year as starter after Glinka is retired. On the other side, Ecz? Poljak is Poljak, she just needs fighting spirit in the team and Ecz lacks this. Senna too played good, also Ozge, especially in last set.

I don't think Saori will play in VB again next year. She doesn't have many chances to play.
    If she stay in Europe, I hope she join FB with Kim, Berg, Paula, Eda or Gala(like to see what happen with the set from Lo Bianco) :) :)

• Lots of things must change in Eczacibasi otherwise they will suck again next year.My list with priority

1)Micelli must go for sure (They need a system coach like Karpol,Ping or Yang Fang)
    2) Luba and Nesli in one team sucks there are too much ego and they can't decide who is leader
    3)A foreign setter whom can use midddles very often
    4)A very good digger libero,Gulden sucks in defence a lot
    5)A reliable scorer next to Nesli or Luba but not a person with much egos :D

I want Jenny Lang Ping to coach Turkey's team.
    Her contact with Guangdong Evergrande seems end soon.
    She visited Turkey lately to probably find players and she watched the match VB vs FB. :) :)

• so, can we say GsD is % 15 stronger than Yamamay ? :rolll: :thumbsup:

The last two predictions strongly depend on that yamamay has no power to compete with rabita.So the ratio is low.Maybe Gs might have chance to beat vakifbank cause they are the home team so they have better percentage.Thats all we can say according to this prediction.Busto arsizo- Gs quarreling is too early for now :D

• According the stats of cev kozuch has 127 points cause when she scored 23 points(the best score of her this season probably) against schweriner cev just has written 4 points.So it seems kozuch has 146 points in cl so far when brakocevic has 152. Go kozuch :D

• Eczacıbaşı urgently needs a good setter, neither Özge nor Asuman is on the level of final-four playing team.

(as a Volley novice, even unfamiliar to many volley terms, maybe, my eyes see things more objectively.)

Although Asuman hasn't been given enough chance, I can see that her physics isn't suitable for volley, at least, fast volley. Same for Busra and Esra.

But, Ozge isn't at the level of final four? She was the setter at CL champion team of Vakif 2 years ago and Europe medallist Turkey NT then.
    Ozge is not much different than her twin, Gozde. Ozge too is everywhere in the field when floor defence too is needed. In that sense, she is better than Naz whose only advantage over Ozge is her block ability.

Ecz problem (other than not being able to be a team) is that they don't have hitters who can hit against the blocks. If Calderon of GS were at Ecz, they could be much better. Luba, old, not strong enough anymore. Senna isn't strong either. Neslihan "Demir" has never been a high jumper, but, she was a point machine, while Neslihan "Darnel" is an error machine and this has been clear in last 3 years. Don't look at her awards like "best scorer" in Europe and World, in Turkey, she Neslihan was the only hitter and all balls were being passed to her. Given more balls to Neriman, Polen, etc, Neslihan will sit in the bench. Except Poljak and Ozge, the rest of team is not a winner team players, so, Ecz has been overrated. If they met GS later, also with Sano, GS could easily eliminate Ecz.

Btw, someone above said that Saori will leave as she sees she isn't getting chance. I believe this won't happen. Yes, Saori isn't passed, but, this is due to Guidetti and Vakif strategy which is slowly adopting a player for a longer term.
    My prediction for next year starters of Vakif is:
    Brako, Furst, Polen, Naz, Saori, Gozde, Gizem (Glinka at bench, will play at some Cev games as a back up to Polen while Polen is getting used to more.)

• Brako and Polen?? but Glinka could receive a little...what about first two on the court? Glinka could stop her volley career after the end of the season....im not sure about Saori,maybe will leave maybe not.Gsd with Sano cant beat EcV easily.....didnt you see that EcV could have took the match to the tie-break then golden set against VB ? but you're still underestimating them and saying GsD could beat eaily...not, GsD could beat but never would be easily :!: Poljak is a great blocker but not a great attacker at the moment.Foluke and Thaisa,Fabiana are better attackers.Özge hasnt been able to show her potantial against VB (Kendini eski takımına ve Naz'a karşı ispatlama çabasının getirdiği olumsuz psikoloji oyununu etkiledi )

• Brako and Polen?? but Glinka could receive a little...what about first two on the court? Glinka could stop her volley career after the end of the season....im not sure about Saori,maybe will leave maybe not.Gsd with Sano cant beat EcV easily.....didnt you see that EcV could have took the match to the tie-break then golden set against VB ? but you're still underestimating them and saying GsD could beat eaily...not, GsD could beat but never would be easily :!: Poljak is a great blocker but not a great attacker at the moment.Foluke and Thaisa,Fabiana are better attackers.Özge hasnt been able to show her potantial against VB (Kendini eski takımına ve Naz'a karşı ispatlama çabasının getirdiği olumsuz psikoloji oyununu etkiledi )

Vakif has no reception problem. Saori isn't entering the game just for services, but, for receptions too. So, Glinka's reception wasn't needed this year and won't be needed. If Vakif wins CL and Turkey league, I am sure Glinka will stay, but, at the bench to utilize her experince, to back-up Polen while Polen starts to play as starter, also to back-up Brako when she has bad day performance. With Saori, Vakif already solved reception problem totally. So, Saori will stay, I am almost sure about this. Her hits of Saori may not be so strong, but, she is smart enough to earn the points when she is at the front. With Saori, Vakif will play much faster volley next year.

Poljak isn't passed enough to show her attacking performance. But, this seems to be due to strantegy of Lorenzo who tells Ozge to pass the balls to Neslihan mostly or it is Neslihan who wants Ozge to do that. Last close set of Ecz vs Vakif, was totally due to their individual performance of Poljak first and Ozge's efforts.

GS is a totally new team that needed time and they never played Sano against Ecz, so, we haven't seen real GS yet. GS has no scoring problem like Ecz as they have one good and one great attackers, Neriman and Calderon who can score even against the blocks of Vakifs. GS doesn't have this serious problem Ecz has.. GS's problem was at back, and now, they with Sano don't have this problem, but, will be enough to beat a total team Vakif? 90%, no. If Sano had played more with them in domestic leage, their chances could be as high as 40-50%.

• Ozge is not much different than her twin, Gozde. Ozge too is everywhere in the field when floor defence too is needed. In that sense, she is better than Naz whose only advantage over Ozge is her block ability.

:roll: Again the Özge-Naz discussions...Naz's MAIN advantage over Özge is her setting ability!!! I think the past matches showed that clearly. Özge is an OK setter who sometimes plays very well but other times very bad, Naz is a very good setter who will become even better over time and I don't think anyone who knows Volleyball well (and that means not just watch matches but also know how to play, understand tactical and technical elements of the game) would see Özge on the same or even on a similar level as Naz.

• Vakif has no reception problem. Saori isn't entering the game just for services, but, for receptions too. So, Glinka's reception wasn't needed this year and won't be needed. If Vakif wins CL and Turkey league, I am sure Glinka will stay, but, at the bench to utilize her experince, to back-up Polen while Polen starts to play as starter, also to back-up Brako when she has bad day performance. With Saori, Vakif already solved reception problem totally. So, Saori will stay, I am almost sure about this. Her hits of Saori may not be so strong, but, she is smart enough to earn the points when she is at the front. With Saori, Vakif will play much faster volley next year.

Poljak isn't passed enough to show her attacking performance. But, this seems to be due to strantegy of Lorenzo who tells Ozge to pass the balls to Neslihan mostly or it is Neslihan who wants Ozge to do that. Last close set of Ecz vs Vakif, was totally due to their individual performance of Poljak first and Ozge's efforts.

GS is a totally new team that needed time and they never played Sano against Ecz, so, we haven't seen real GS yet. GS has no scoring problem like Ecz as they have one good and one great attackers, Neriman and Calderon who can score even against the blocks of Vakifs. GS doesn't have this serious problem Ecz has.. GS's problem was at back, and now, they with Sano don't have this problem, but, will be enough to beat a total team Vakif? 90%, no. If Sano had played more with them in domestic leage, their chances could be as high as 40-50%.

i still dont understand how Polen and Brako will be on the court at the same time.VB was receiving with two player but some times Glinka was needed to receive so in that case who will receive? Polen or Brako ?
    EcV has attacking problem but its just against VB not GsD.GsD's blocks-defence system is never like Vb's.this means the attackers of EcV can attack more comfortably because there woudnt be huge blocks in front of them.GsD has Leo,Molnar,Sinem (Mb) and Nilay(Mb) who are terrible at blocking...... ;)

• I would try to discuss you again, however your logical fallacies makes things really hard.

Being a novice at any topic does not make you more objective than experts, only makes you less informed and makes your comments more superficial ;) Moreover, you want us disregard Neslihan's recent successes, awards whereas you use European medalist title as a proof of Özge's success, which is controversial :whistle:

Özge has already proven many times that she is not on international level (just remember last point of first Eczacı-Vakıf match or the OG matches which Özge made consecutive simple mistakes as soon as she started to play) I accept that she occasionally plays well, which does not make her a world-class setter 8)

It is obvioust that Poljak is normally one of the best MB in the world, on the other hand she is only playing as blocker for a long time due to Özge's bad sets whereas Fürst is having one of her best season with Naz although she is not a typical scorer MB :whistle:

Anyway I am bored with this Naz-Özge comparison again and again. :wall:

• i agree with ErolGarip on "some thoughts of his" : Neslihan hasnt been playing as well as expected her to play for a few years (of course,there've been some good matches of her).Naz has been playing better than Özge for sure.And Fürst has been making a better contribution at attacking than Poljak and on the same level with her at blocking....an addition from me: Gözde has been playing better than Luba this year.

• S is a totally new team that needed time and they never played Sano against Ecz, so, we haven't seen real GS yet. GS has no scoring problem like Ecz as they have one good and one great attackers, Neriman and Calderon who can score even against the blocks of Vakifs.

Just busto arsizo played with the 'real' Gs and it finished 3-2 for the Gs.It depends on your thought that if its good result or not. ^^ And neriman is a powerful attacker but when there is good blocking team she is just getting blocked again and again ;) .The chance of Gs against vakıfbank is using gioli as much as possible and wait calderon hitting above the blocks with the less mistakes.If it works the blocking abilty of vakıfbank reduces and neriman may also get points with her power.

Vakıfbank is a system team thanks to guidetti. For me if u want to beat a systematic team u must disturb the most relevant part of the system instead of try to show that your power is also enough to beat them(its what eczacıbası has made i think ).And the most proper part to disturb in vakıfbank is the setter naz.She manages the team when everything is ok but otherwise she gets so nervous and makes easy mistakes.Vakıfbank is now the fav. but things might change easily when the final round is determined just on one game 8o

• i agree with ErolGarip on "some thoughts of his" : Neslihan hasnt been playing as well as expected her to play for a few years (of course,there've been some good matches of her).Naz has been playing better than Özge for sure.And Fürst has been making a better contribution at attacking than Poljak and on the same level with her at blocking....an addition from me: Gözde has been playing better than Luba this year.

i'll use more than better, i would even say thank you naz why it has been happening :dance4:

• furst better in 2013 than 2011 and 2012 and slightly better in block but not better than poljak in attack no way :rolll: btw these naz-ozge comparisons is :sleeping:

• furst better in 2013 than 2011 and 2012 and slightly better in block but not better than poljak in attack no way :rolll: btw these naz-ozge comparisons is :sleeping:

check out the stats .. :whistle:
    i dont remember Poljak's getting many kills when setting badly.she needs decent sets all the time...dont remind me the times when she used to play very well with Leo....even Gökçen (Turkish Mb) was the best scorer of her team with Leo when she used to play for GsD.. :rolll:

• check out the stats .. :whistle:
    i dont remember Poljak's getting many kills when setting badly.she needs decent sets all the time...dont remember me the times when she used to play very well with Leo....even Gökçen (Turkish Mb) was the best scorer of her team with Leo when she used to play for GsD.. :rolll:

what stats cl or turkey :rolll: