The 2013 CEV Champions League

• Well, it is a bit late but YEAHHHHH, 2nd cup for Vakıfbank!! :super: :super:

It was a great weekend for me, watching the final match in a great seat with my friends. I had a lot of fun most importantly because of the historic moments! I must thank for all players and Galatasaray for the F4. First of all, the organisation was really great.The atmosphere was great and everybody was so friendly that watching the match so emotionally shoulder to shoulder :D

The final match was soooo great! I was quite sure that we would win it because I really saw it in all girls eyes before the games. They were very determined at the very begining of the match and finaly they managed to win. I won't make comment individually because it is a great team play and evey player played their part so well and that bringed the success. I congratulate all the players that got individual awards. :drink:

Vakıfbank! :super: :super:

• Naz has been playing in F4 for 5 years consecutively. And she has been chosen "best setter" two times in a row. She is not only the talented, but also very experienced now. She probably will be best setter in the world within few years. Even now she can be considered one of the best. Special congrats for her! :teach:

Naz best setter of the World?! No way. She is not now and will never be. I agree she is a very good setter, but that's all.
    Ognjenovic, Berg, Antonijevic, Lloyd, Takeshita, Tomkom and a bunch of other asian setters are much more talented than her. No comparison at all between Naz and them.

• For me, Naz hasn't proved anything yet. She has been lucky in playing at very good teams in last 2-3 years. If Nilay played as starter at Fener last year or at Vakif this year, Fener last year and Vakif this year could be still CEV champions. So, Naz hasn't really done any special thing yet. We had seen her at Olympic, with not a very good team, Turkey NT and she failed there. I'd say "get rid of Naz out of Vakif" if she were an old setter, but, she is only 22, so, she has credit. Other than her young age, of course, she has some other advantages such as tallness, block-ability and some smartness in front of net, but, she is like slow motion with predictable settings. She hasn't shown speed, variety, etc yet. She has best setter awards twice? Well, those awards don't mean much as usually some players from winner team are awarded and these awards given by CEV are usually about CEV politics (marketing, PR, etc.) Normally, Gozde should definitely have been awarded this year as her contribution of Gozde to Vakif success has been more than Naz. If Gozde was awarded, Naz wouldn't have got any award. Or, Brakocevic wouldn't have gotten any award if Gozde was awarded. So, it was an injustice to Gozde, but, she doesn't complain about that and that's why she is a good captain.

The point you miss is if one is playing in very good teams, it is not because she is lucky, indeed she is also very good ;)

Also about Gözde, she is having her best season since she started to play Naz. Have you ever seen her taking that much set with such high ratio ever :whistle: Also Gözde was not the best player of Vakıf at final match which was the only challenging one for Vakıf 8)

• The point you miss is if one is playing in very good teams, it is not because she is lucky, indeed she is also very good ;)

Also about Gözde, she is having her best season since she started to play Naz. Have you ever seen her taking that much set with such high ratio ever :whistle: Also Gözde was not the best player of Vakıf at final match which was the only challenging one for Vakıf 8)

I didn't say Naz is a bad player. Of course, she is good at her job. Vakif doesn't hire a bad player:). Also, whoever comes to Vakif plays better. Nilay, Ozge, Poljak, and so on. Even Neslihan. They all were playing better when they were at Vakif. Now, look at them, performing worse than their days during Vakif. This is a team, with syncronized gears, made Naz too perform better.

It is you who missed the point. Gozde's performance has been increasing in last years and she is at her prime now. It doesn't matter whether she was Naz or any other setter, Gozde could perform same or similar. Team performance has been increasing and if this, Vakif is a TEAM which is a claim admitted by everybody, it was made by coaching staff and biggest player contribution is by Gozde, the captain. That's why captain Gozde should have been awarded, as a symbol to hightlight the success of Vakif, the team-game. (Me this volley novice should have been there at top of CEV:), they don't know who to award.)

• if you want to talk about final 4 only then yes brako deserves the mvp but if you want to consider the entire tournament and disregard whoever the champion team was or whether that team qualified to the f4 or not then my pick would be katya :win:

• Naz best setter of the World?! No way. She is not now and will never be. I agree she is a very good setter, but that's all.

Ognjenovic, Berg, Antonijevic, Lloyd, Takeshita, Tomkom and a bunch of
    other asian setters are much more talented than her. No comparison at
    all between Naz and them.

I partly agree with u about best in the world part but if u see berg play in fenerbahce this year u will see nilay has done even better job then her lloyd isnt that great of a setter as well she is imo worse then naz
    Naz had huge issues with settings this year especially with brako many many balls were off that was best seen in f4 so she was off her game but when she is in good form she is there with the best 10 setters in the world
    For me top 5 setters in the world are Takeshita Ognjenovic Antonijevic Tomkom Berg

• Naz best setter of the World?! No way. She is not now and will never be. I agree she is a very good setter, but that's all.
    Ognjenovic, Berg, Antonijevic, Lloyd, Takeshita, Tomkom and a bunch of other asian setters are much more talented than her. No comparison at all between Naz and them.

I don't agree with you about Antonijevic, Lloyd, Tomkom, Ognjenovic. Yes they are good setter. But i'm underlining that Naz is only 23. Fofao was second setter of Brasilia until she was 30. So, for being a world-class setter, age and experience are very important factors. Outside hitters or opposites don't need it. For them best ages are between 20-27. But for a setter it's 25-33. And remember that Naz played in Champions League as first setter of Eczacıbaşı when she was only 15. Selected MVP of European Junior Volleyball Championships in 2008. How many setters has got such a career? Yes between 2008-2011 Naz hasn't improved her game much. But especially in last 2 years she could show her capacity again.

I don't agree with you! Naz is absolutely is one of the best setters in the worl. Saying Lloyd and Antonijevic is better than her is a bit interesting. What they have done to be better than Naz. Naz has a very good career atsuch a young age and I don't think that she is so slow as you say. Don'y you see her fast play with Gözde!! If she plays with Brakocevic and Glinka, you can't expect her to be so fast. Fürst is having one of her best season in her career thanks to Naz. She is improving year by year and I believe she will be the best in the world(Guidetti even thinks that she is the best already)

• if you want to talk about final 4 only then yes brako deserves the mvp but if you want to consider the entire tournament and disregard whoever the champion team was or whether that team qualified to the f4 or not then my pick would be katya :win:

Whether entire season or only F4, for me, MVP is Gozde. She is the best representer of the character, team-game, of Vakif who has been winning all games.
    Giving MVP to any one player, whether it is to Brako or Furst or Gizem or Glinka or Naz or Guldeniz or Saori or Gozde or Bahar, will be unfair to the others as this team isn't winning the matches by individual performances of one player or two, but, by group-performances. Since MVP award is given to a player in a winning team, it should have been given to Gozde as she is the captain of this team.

As for Naz as individual; yes, she isn't bad, but, not good enough yet. However, she has a chance to be the best of the world and we'll see this in 2 years when Vakif plays some more effective team-game with more speed, more variations, etc. When I see Saori too (who is the best in that fast volley style) makes points as many as the others by the end of next year by Naz sets, then, we can start to call Naz is about to be the best setter.

• yes gozde deserved to be considered too but brako slides over her a little :win:

• It is funny to see turkish people actually thinking naz is better then those 5 that i mentioned ,like someone said before if naz was so good how come she didnt have much sucsses in her nt and dont give me she has bad co players excuse she is very very lucky that she played with the best players in the world and that is a fact in pure skills she lacks a lot to be in top 5 her entire year was big dissapointment i have to say f4 was a disaster when it comes to settings even commentatora on laola1 tv said that in both matches that her settings were awfull this year especially in f4 antonijevic is only year or 2 older then naz so that excuse is out of the window if u look at the game style of rc cannes and vakifbank u would see that rc cannes relies heavily on anotnijevic s setting while at vakifbank u have such players that can score even if the setting is bad ,naz had huge issues with brako this year if u watched all the games u would see it that is if u were objective at all :mad:

• yes gozde deserved to be considered too but brako slides over her a little :win:

I see, you still didn't get the point. Of course, individiually, Brako performed better than Gozde, but, "individually."
    Vakif's success hasn't been due to "individual" performances of each players, but, performance of them all as a group.
    So, Gozde should have been awarded MVP, not because of her own individual performance, but, as the team captain as the team was MVP.

Anyway, it is not important. Just that my valuing is different than CEV and I claim mine is better than theirs.

--

By the way,

There have been lots of speculations about the salary of Saori everywhere. Claims are she is paid close to 1 million usd.

Now, I read this, on a newspaper:
    http://www.aksam.com.tr/spor/8…dunya-tanidi/haber-176373

(it is about comparing the budget (8 million TL) of Vakif volley team and the budget of sport clubs, mostly soccer clubs, Fener and Galatasaray (250-300 million TL) and blaming/critisizing these big budget clubs with no real success, no any cup with these budgets in soccer.

This is a serious newspaper. So, their this news is probably true. So, the budget of Vakif volley club is 8 million TL only, that's, about 5 million USD.
    While the budget is so small, do you still claim that Saori's salary is about 1 million USD? If cost of Saori is about 1 million, then, the rest of team making 4 million USD? Illogical. I don't think at Vakif there is any player making more than 500-600K USD.

Just to clear speculations.

• nope i get your point team play vs. individual still i vote for brako ;)

• 5 million USD? So my information were right... the budget of UYBA is about a quarter than the other 3 teams partecipating F4... absolutely proud of my team! :super:

• 5 million USD? So my information were right... the budget of UYBA is about a quarter than the other 3 teams partecipating F4... absolutely proud of my team! :super:

Yamamay's budget is about 1.25 million Usd? If this is really so, I really congratulate them. (however, i don't believe that, their budget must be around 4-5 million usd.) Btw, people aren't believing the budget of Vakif (8 million tl or 5 million usd), they are claiming it is double of that, about 8-10 million USD. Who is most paid, you think? Brakocevic, isn't she? But, remembering her last year performance, not a star-performance, I don't think her cost to Vakif was much. Naz? She had to leave Fener when their team was collapsing, when parting their ways with players, I am sure Naz didn't cost to Vakif much. Glinka? She was asked to play again, just before retirement. So, not much for her, either. Anyway. 5 million dollar budget of Vakif sounds true.

@Iceman, still you vote for Brako? Either you are Serbian originally or she is very beautiful for you:). Btw, she has 3 mvp now, Euro NT and league ch and CEV cl. Serbs have a power at CEV management or what. Anyway, captain Gozde too said the same, Brako deserved MVP award, but, that's what a good captain could say. Still, my MVP goes to Gozde:)

• Yamamay's budget is about 1.25 million Usd? If this is really so, I really congratulate them. (however, i don't believe that, their budget must be around 4-5 million usd.)

:rolll: :rolll: :rolll: :rolll: :rolll: :rolll: :rolll:

Sorry, but if we have that budget, we dont' need to sell every year our best players!
    Think about our top player... Havelkova, Havlichkova, Lloyd, Bauer, Leonardi and so on... all players that noone knows before they play in Yamamay!
    Play with us for a couple of seasons and then we must sell, because we can't compete with turkish or azerbaijan team economic power!

Many athletes remain with us because they trust in our project, and in fact we can see the result... and this is one of the reasons because I celebrate so much when we win against a turkish/azerbaijan team! Also Azerrail cost double then Yama!

If we have 5 million USD budget... :cup: :cup: :cup: :cup: :cup: :cup:

There is a big crisis in Italian volleyball women league, as you can see... and trust me, I'm quite sure that our budget is not the biggest one (Piacenza or Villa... :whistle: )

• 1,25 ? :what: if you can keep your players with this kinda wages then kudos to you

Yes, that is more or less the budget of Yamamay Busto Arsizio. That's why the club usually bets on young cheap unknown talents, and once they have become world class expensive players they leave for Russia, Azerbaijan or Turkey, just like Lloyd and Bauer will probably do next year :)
    This is Busto's smart philosofy, every year they look for young players of pure talent and build a competitive team. :thumbup:

• Yes, that is more or less the budget of Yamamay Busto Arsizio. That's why the club usually bets on young cheap unknown talents, and once they have become world class expensive players they leave for Russia, Azerbaijan or Turkey, just like Lloyd and Bauer will probably do next year :)
    This is Busto's smart philosofy, every year they look for young players of pure talent and build a competitive team. :thumbup:

quite profitable for Yamamay.. ;)