The 2013 CEV Champions League

• i think CL must play like NBA format, west and east conferences while playing normal season with 30 teams, then play offs

Ita, Fra, Pol, Ger,Spa, Ned teams in west pool
    Tur, Rus, Aze, Srb, Cro, Rom clubs in east pool

all teams will play each other in normal season, until march, then first 4 teams in each group reach final 8 :lol: :lol: :lol:

• Normally Turkish Cup winner will play in CEV Cup but considering Turkish Cup F4 participants (FBU,GSMP,ECZV,VBTT) have already guaranteed to play in european cups (CL or CEV Cup) ranked in regular season as 1st-4th the result in Turkish Cup won't change anything :D

Thanks, Starnight :wavy:

• i think CL must play like NBA format, west and east conferences while playing normal season with 30 teams, then play offs

Ita, Fra, Pol, Ger,Spa, Ned teams in west pool
    Tur, Rus, Aze, Srb, Cro, Rom clubs in east pool

all teams will play each other in normal season, until march, then first 4 teams in each group reach final 8 :lol: :lol: :lol:

It would really unfair I think, Russian, Turkish and Azeri teams in same group :whistle: but Basketball Euroleague system would be better for volleyball in my opinion

• It would really unfair I think, Russian, Turkish and Azeri teams in same group :whistle: but Basketball Euroleague system would be better for volleyball in my opinion

Maybe i dont know how will be good, but curreny system is yuck,

Last time 20 teams in 5 groups, teams played 6 matches then almost everyone qualified next round, and 1st teams matched 3rd & 2nd with 2nd, does this any mean? for me not.

• This is Eurobasket competition system

6 teams in 4 groups = 24 teams
    3 teams in each of 4 groups qualifies next round

then combining teams in 2 group each has 6 teams

then 4 of them qualifies to final 8
    then final 4

• Yes, that's what I was talking about :whistle: Thanks to this system, you can see lots of different teams play each other. But probably CEV does not want this system because it is hard to arrange stupid 'only two teams at final four' rule X(

• The basket system is obviously better and fairer ...
    Be innovative CEV :box:
    But could be they ? :(

• The basket system is obviously better and fairer ...
    Be innovative CEV :box:
    But could be they ? :(

First step, new Presidents. No Meyer, No Ooms (or whatever her name is)
    We need people, who can be innovative and creative with a vision. And not oldies with old and terrible systems

• and this system could be able to play some clubs, ones with huge budget, small teams will not be able to arrange budget just for traveling if they will play this system. So, although Meyer is not great president he has this on his mind.

• Schweriner SC is qualified again for CL as German champion but they first have to talk with their sponsors about the financial situation. This year they lost a lot of money for CL. If they don't play, Dresdner would probably play instead.

• Turkish champion Eczacıbaşı Vitra and runner up Vakıfbank Türk Telekom will participate Champions LEague..The last champion of CL Fenerbahce will look for wild card :whistle:

What about the teams from Spain :?: Will they participate?

• What about the teams from Spain :?: Will they participate?

No way, all teams in Spain are in financial trouble because of the economical situation in the country. It is even questionable if any team will be in CEV Cup or Challenge Cup. This season only Menorca played in Europe and they played one match with substitutes so they'd be eliminated and not have any more travel costs.

• No way, all teams in Spain are in financial trouble because of the economical situation in the country. It is even questionable if any team will be in CEV Cup or Challenge Cup. This season only Menorca played in Europe and they played one match with substitutes so they'd be eliminated and not have any more travel costs.

So Cev has 2 more wild cards..Probably Turkey,Azerbaijan and Italy will have one of these wild cards.

• Azerrail will fight for that wildcard,altough they finished 5th in this year's Azerbaijani Superleague,and probably Fenerbahce will get it,so that means Galatasaray won't get WC again!

• Bergamo team was too weak during regular season in Serie A, they took 6th place. As a result they won't play in european cups.

It's sad that a club with such history as Bergamo will not be in champions league.
    But it also shows how rich the league is in terms of candidates.

• It's sad that a club with such history as Bergamo will not be in champions league.
    But it also shows how rich the league is in terms of candidates.

no it show as how weak Italian league is.