The 2013 CEV Challenge Cup

• Luxembourg, June 5, 2012. The Drawing of Lots for the 2013 CEV Volleyball Cup and 2013 CEV Volleyball Challenge Cup is coming up in a couple of days and namely this Thursday, June 7, as the European Cups Commission chaired by Mrs. Riet Ooms is currently screening the files submitted by the various National Federations. Around 130 clubs will be drawn on Thursday, thereby determining their status (first match at home or away) also for the next rounds of the competition up to the finals scheduled for March 2013.
    Detailed results of the DOL will be available on the CEV website at around noon. Denmark – that will be co-hosting together with Poland the final round of the European Championship in September next year – is returning back to the European arena as their vice champions, i.e. the team of GENTOFTE Volley, joins the starting field of the 2013 CEV Volleyball Challenge Cup – Men. Back to the European Cups are also Norway’s and Albania’s ladies whose hopes will be carried by the teams of Stod Volley STEINKJER and Minatori RRESHEN. Additionally, but this is not a real premiere, as per decision of the CEV Board, the winners of the BVA Cup – the zonal club competition promoted by the Balkan Volleyball Association – will also join the upcoming edition of the CEV Volleyball Challenge Cup.

Picture: after losing the final of the 2012 CEV Volleyball Challenge Cup to their compatriots of Lokomotiv, this time the ladies of Baki BAKU will represent Azerbaijan, Europe's emerging Volleyball power, in the CEV Volleyball Cup.

• BVA Cup is so useless this year. Only 2 teams will participate: İlbank and Unic Piatra Neamt. 2 matches will be played in Ankara in 21.09.2012 and 23.09.2012. Cup winner will play against Tirol Innsbruck in Challenge Cup qualifications.

• During Koster-Bons speak:

K: I'm so excited before first CEV Cup match
    B: Why?
    K: What why? We will see first time Thai Women live
    B: aaaaa. Thailand is somewhere in Africa, isn't it?
    K: You are so stupid, You should read more books. Thailand is China region like for example Evergrande.
    B: aaaaa

• Any prediction game about European Cups ? :white:

• German team USC Münster will not fly to Israel this week to play their Challenge Cup match. Because of the situation in the country, the club does not want to risk the safety of the team. However, CEV insists that the match must be played and if Münster does not play they could be banned from European cups for 3 years and receive a high financial penalty as well :white: :aww:

• German team USC Münster will not fly to Israel this week to play their Challenge Cup match. Because of the situation in the country, the club does not want to risk the safety of the team. However, CEV insists that the match must be played and if Münster does not play they could be banned from European cups for 3 years and receive a high financial penalty as well :white: :aww:

That is the most absurd thing I've ever heard! How can they expect a team to travel to Israel under these circumstances?!

idiot cev :hit: if they really want to cotinue the match then choose another venue or at least delay until the tensions inside israel cool down :woohoo: :cursing:

As fan of USC Münster I have to say that it's the right decision from the club. I hope CEV will wake up...

• However, CEV insists that the match must be played and if Münster does not play they could be banned from European cups for 3 years and receive a high financial penalty as well

That's the most ridiculous decision I've heard :thumbdown:

"Lo sbaglio più grande e quello di credere di aver vinto prima ancora di giocare la partita"

• Especially considering that Münster's hotel would have been right in the middle of Tel Aviv the decision of the club is very understandable and the demand of CEV incredible. How is it going to continue, will the team from Israel reach final of Challenge Cup without ever playing a home match because all opponents refuse to travel??? I'm sorry that sport is affected by politics, but the safety of the athletes and everyone involved must come first and CEV has to think about a fair solution for everyone.

• According to PZPS CEV eliminated Munster from the Challenge Cup. Israel like Spirit in the next round. Who is next Israel's Opponent?