2016 CEV DenizBank Champions League

• If only Izquierdo was healthy...Schwabe is the weakest link of Dresden and her starting over Mancuso means Mancuso isn't any better right now.

I have to say the strongest link of Dresden is the service of their opponents. Had Msk not "targeted libero", things would have been slightly different in the first three sets.

• Sopot got the first set (25:18 ). Piacenza's reception is a nightmare so far.

• Piacenza's reception is a nightmare so far.

And Indre with Floorte can't kill the ball. The best players on Piacenza's side are Bauer and Marcon.

• If Ecz wants to win they gotta have Boskovic playing..

• Atom's doing plenty of errors in attack....Maja is playing more and more with middles

• Maja is playing more and more with middles

And they scored points. Bauer is playing superb so far. Tokarska and Cooper made few mistakes on attack.

• Bauer is a monster tonight! She's smashing everything!

• Is it just me or is there quite a bit of staring and shouting through the net going on between Piacenza and Sopot? Just now Marcon, earlier I noticed also Ognjenovic, and I think Kaczorowska and Zaroslinska also had their share. They're not making it obvious enough to get a warning from the referee, but they do have some scary stares sometimes :D

• Mejiners is hilarious in receptions, all her weird movements... :lol:

• Ouch, already 10 pts in a row for Dinamo with Goncharova serving and Dresden producing mistake after mistake :S

I thought for the first 3 sets Dresden played as well as they have all year, and with a break or two in the first set could have won that, too. They had 2 set points, I believe. But Dresden does not have a hitter on the level of Goncharova, and needed to play perfectly to have a chance. They played almost perfectly for the first 3 sets but could not keep it up. In the end, I thought the consistent pressure wore them down and as fatigue set in they faltered in the 4th set, especially in reception. Dresden's current weakness at the second outside hitter position becomes even more evident in reception and passing. But overall a good showing by an outclassed team, in my opinion. :thumbup:

• But it pays off. Schoot is really a terrible receiver for libero standards :S And her digging is not great either...

To me this looked more like a lack of serving strategy. Actually the only strategy that I could see was the classical JSHBN (just set a high ball to Natasha). Good job Dresden decided to display some hospitality in the end, otherwise could have been a very long game with this reception from the Msk OHs.

• Zaroślińska has played outstanding tonight! Tokarska like always, when she's playing against top teams she's like child in the fog :hit: Maret did good job :flower: :flower:

• Tokarska like always, when she's playing against top teams she's like child in the fog

Efimienko should've played instead of Maja. Tokarska scored only 3 points today (2 spike + 1 block). Zaroslinka - 30 pts :super: