2016 CEV DenizBank Champions League

• Did the formula changed this year? Last years they made teams from the same country match each other even before the final four (Bergamo played two times against Pesaro in play off 6 and then in semifinal against Perugia or Novara, in the last two editions they won, last year Vakif faced Fener and then Eczaci...). Now we already have Piacenza-Kazan and Moscow-Fenerbahce.. Shouldn't it be Moscow-Kazan and Vakif-Fener?

No, the reason only was to avoid having three teams from the same country in F4, but it can't happen this year because there was a RUS vs RUS and TUR vs TUR match in Playoff 12.

• Volero defense and block is so impressive tonight

• No, the reason only was to avoid having three teams from the same country in F4, but it can't happen this year because there was a RUS vs RUS and TUR vs TUR match in Playoff 12.

Thanks for the clarification :)

• Uhm, it's not 2010 anymore.
    I doubt she'd be a strater in Vakifbank.

Eczacibasi had an amazing budget this season which they simply wasted for nothing. Instead of having 6 similar type of attackers, they could just convince 2 world class MBs and with that I'm meaning players like Thaisa, Akindradewo, Tetori Dixon, Rasic, Zaryazko or even Robin, Stevanovic, Veljkovic, Harmotto and Gibbemeyer are ahead of Poljak & Furst, now.

Talking of middles, what happened to the Chinese young MB, I think her name was Yuan. She did an amazing job last summer.

• Eczacibasi had an amazing budget this season which they simply wasted for nothing. Instead of having 6 similar type of attackers, they could just convince 2 world class MBs and with that I'm meaning players like Thaisa, Akindradewo, Tetori Dixon, Rasic, Zaryazko or even Robin, Stevanovic, Veljkovic, Harmotto and Gibbemeyer are ahead of Poljak & Furst, now.

Talking of middles, what happened to the Chinese young MB, I think her name was Yuan. She did an amazing job last summer.

Yeah their are better but then I don't know why was Maja Poljak second best blocker in 1.phase of CL. Ahead of Akindradewo, Rasic, Zaryazko, Robin, Stevanovic, Veljkovic and Harmotto. And I'm talking about blocking not attacks.

• Yeah their are better but then I don't know why was Maja Poljak second best blocker in 1.phase of CL. Ahead of Akindradewo, Rasic, Zaryazko, Robin, Stevanovic, Veljkovic and Harmotto. And I'm talking about blocking not attacks.

There are a lot of dynamics involved in blocking. Eczacibasi had a though group but they are a very good team anyway. Maybe they have been serving very well and other teams' attacking options were so obvious, you can come up with many things. However Maja is not like last years, she is having troubles to reach to the edges of the net, often being late which she wasnt used to. Coming back to my earlier comment, I wrote that Eczacibasi is lacking MBs that can contribute to the score, unfortunately blocking is not enough anymore.

• Yeah their are better but then I don't know why was Maja Poljak second best blocker in 1.phase of CL. Ahead of Akindradewo, Rasic, Zaryazko, Robin, Stevanovic, Veljkovic and Harmotto. And I'm talking about blocking not attacks.

A good blocker is the one who can score and block, like Rasic, Eda, Stevanovic for example... In my opinioin, Poljak is still a great "blocker" but not a good scorer anymore.. In some matches of the TL even Dicle scores more points than Maja.
    Also this season i can not see Poljak the leader of her team, the one who fights for every point.. maybe there's no motivation for her after winning the CL last season.
    About Rasic, i think she is the best middle blocker in the world right now.. her attacking/blocking statistics are amazing even though the setter of her team Naz is playing very bad in the last two seasons.

• Yuan played for Bayi this season, they got 4th place. She had a good season but not great as she did last year.

Eczacibasi had an amazing budget this season which they simply wasted for nothing. Instead of having 6 similar type of attackers, they could just convince 2 world class MBs and with that I'm meaning players like Thaisa, Akindradewo, Tetori Dixon, Rasic, Zaryazko or even Robin, Stevanovic, Veljkovic, Harmotto and Gibbemeyer are ahead of Poljak & Furst, now.

• Fenerbahce wins the first set with good attacks and blocks. Skorupa is playing great! On the other side Goncharova and Shcherban should step up their game a bit..

• Dinamo's coach let his team struggle and he didn't use his time-out. Since I started watching at 9-5 for Fener I thought he used his 2 TO when his team was loosing 13-5.. then he called one later, and he used the second one at 24-20 for Fener.. I couldn't believe he had another one.. Moskow could have won that set

• Who is this setter in Dinamo???? My God, she is like one of the wrost ones I've seen in years

• No surprise today... A bit disappointing that only italian and turkish teams will be at the final four...

I don't think Piacenza can beat Kazan

• I think Moscow has a solid chance next week - Fener will still be favored but a Moscow victory is not as unlikely as others. These teams are not that far off if you consider declining form of Bosetti and a potentially good day from Scherban.