2016 CEV DenizBank Champions League

• Vakif played last season against Volero and Sheilla was the MP of the match, Kazan its a tall team? Do you recordes who was the MP in the first game of play offs 12?

I think that last season Sheilla was very tired and she had been good untill Final Four. She was not good in Poland.

But Vakif was mutch more worse than now, look Sonsirma, she was on fire today, She hás been doing way better than last season.

Well, If you are a head coach of a huge team as Vakif, in my opinion, you need to put all players and shape and ready to help if in the future was needed.

I guess Sheilla hás the more expensive wage of Vakif... And minus time on court than Cagla. I'm not talking about Sheilla be the main opp, but its at least a awkward situation. And só far, Lonneke since the summer its doing great, but sometimes she toltally disappear, made many points for both sides.

Sheilla never ever played against tall teams.. Two times Olympic champions.

• Of course Sloetjes deserves to be a starter, nobody is discussing that.. But sometimes when she gets blocked time and time again, or hits out ball after ball, maybe it's time to try Sheilla. I think Seda in TL has replaced Slotjes more than Sheilla has in CL..

• Why sheilla didn't ask vakif to end her contract last summer. It was obvious that Guidetti would play with sloetjes as starter (and Buijs). She is waisting a complete season and she is not young anymore. And the worst... On an olympic year.
    She is certainly training hard every day, but it's not the same that playing games, and important games.

• Sheilla earns a lot of money and Lonekke come not to soon for Vakif, the best deals are made more soon that the time that Lonneke come. Plus, one time she said that a contract its made to be fullfield, done.

I think that Vakif could ask her for left, but she didnt want, só she hás now a little time on court.

A break contrato for Vakif side will seems a lot of money to Sheilla.

Its a Little stranger, cause she really get in shape for be better the season, was tô tired last season because played a lot for Osasco been the main score and in NT played in a lot of competition and she appears to Vakif tired.

• Lonneke can be unstable from time to time, yet, I don't believe Castro will make a huge difference.

• I haven't been so optimistic about Gamova coming back to NT and pushing Goncha into the bench, but with her current shape, it'd be stupid not to call her back :rolleyes: She's simply better than Malykh.
    I love Ognjenovic a lot and I think she's the best setter on the globe at the moment, but her reverse sets yesterday were really bad, in particular on the 1st set.

Borodakova playing starter over Malkova must be a joke, she's pretty much done as player. Vasileva-Del core is a splendid OH duo IMO, especially the Bulgarian and Russian style of volleyball are a perfect match apparently.

• Lonneke can be unstable from time to time, yet, I don't believe Castro will make a huge difference.

Yesterday she was unstoppable for two and a half sets and then something happened to her and she simply couldn't find the court, getting blocked and hitting out all the time. She almost single-handedly cost Vakifbank the victory and it would have made perfect sense to substitute her.
    On the other hand, Buijs-Hill substitution didn't make much sense because while Buijs did struggle in reception, Hill struggled with pretty much everything.

Vakifbank needs to get serious about the rematch. It could have easily been 3-1 for Volero if not for that mistake by the referee. And the way they threw away a huge lead in the 4th set was really, really bad.
    Mammadova spiked like in her glory days! Her reception is horrifying, though.

Yep, i m a fã of Sheilla Castro, but i really don't believe that one experienced and the smartest player that i have ever seen can be sit in the bench in the entire season, even not be a choice to change the game.

Volleyball its all about confidente. Anne and Lonneke hás the support of Guidetti right now and its more easy to play all what they can when you havê this kind of support.

Hill its doing not great... But did she get same oportunities?

• Lonekke its not sub in the big mathes because that is a main problem that she hás ( sometimes dissapear and can not get back to match) at the summer and in the OQT. Guidetti must to want fit her to work with this bad situation of her game ( lack of experience ), he knows that he needs her to put Netherlands in the fight for a spot in Rio and maybe a olympic medal.

• I will give an example, look ar Neslihan Demir, she was really weak last season untill Clubs world championship when she was amazing !!! Tijana ~ Demir its really near of Lonekke ~ Sheilla. Both teams hava opps with not similar skills.

The coach must to give a chance to all of his players, in the clash Vakif x Vitra, maybe Caprara was a little bad to not give a chance to Tijana.

Btw the tie breaker was a good resultado for Volero , the team could really made more, but in fact. A tie breaker victorie means not to much. Game will decide at home.

• When Sheilla played VS Kazan last season she was ready to play in this high level, many hard matches in CL and TL but now we can not say the same, can you tell me how many matches Sheilla played this season?
    Sheilla last season played very bad in the CL F4, she played very bad in the final of the Turkish cup, she played very bad in the final four of the league.. So, how can a coach believe in her anymore.. Guidetti made her choice to play with only Lonneke.. and Sheilla made her choice to make more $$$ before coming back to Brazil because before the start of the season she could easily find a team in Italy but for sure they won't offer her the same money as Vakif.

• As i said, i expexted seen Sheilla worst than what She shows in TL in recentes couple of Marches, só its some like, OK, are you staying and you can not even help the team, just be on the stands and check your account every match.

For sure Sheilla it is a reliable player in the transfer market, but ( if was me) i will not leave a contract when i m really well payed because others people wants, the contract must to be deal to be fullfield, If they do not want her, pay for it. Lets not be a kid about it.

She is a profissional player in fact! I didnt expect minus for her side.

After CL i think she was really sad and there were rumors about problems in Vakif Roster.

Yep, she was bad in final four, but in Turkish Vakif was really desmotivated. Its was group question. She got sick in some week. I didnt know if this is true.

• I really like how Rabadzhieva is playing these last 2 seasons.. I mean she is receiving only with the libero and still killing with some good percentage... I am glad she showed she deserves the praise, because she was trash talked a lot some seasons ago when playing in Rabita

• Hill has been given many chances, just like yesterday she got many chances on the court, but she did not pass well, missed many chances to score...only thing she can do is serve.

Anne Bujes is playing much better than Hill
    Same as Slojetes is playing much better than Sheilla.

I dont agre when people keep saying he lets Anne and Slojetes play only because he is the coach of Netherlands.

This topic about Sheilla not gettting play got OLD :offtopic:

... But did she get same oportunities?

• oh my gosh!!!

Could you at least quote the entire sentence

"Hill its doing not great... But did she get same oportunities?" should be "its not"

The problem could be my words, my english slow level, but my point its not to get a point of who is playing better right now.

I suggest that if all players have get real oportunitities to develop and be in shape.. IN MY OPINION that didn't happen. :offtopic:

• I am going to ask a questions and in no way mean to imply anything...Do the players like Hill, Sheila, who are part of their National Teams and heading to the Olympics, not play as hard during this season so they don't not get hurt so close to the Olympics? I think Larson always plays hard and actually plays better in club than on the NT level. Harmotto-Dietzen only plays during the Champion League games so she can be ready for the Olympics. Any thoughts?

• I am going to ask a questions and in no way mean to imply anything...Do the players like Hill, Sheila, who are part of their National Teams and heading to the Olympics, not play as hard during this season so they don't not get hurt so close to the Olympics? I think Larson always plays hard and actually plays better in club than on the NT level. Harmotto-Dietzen only plays during the Champion League games so she can be ready for the Olympics. Any thoughts?

If a player is afraid to get hurt before the olympics it's better for her to stay at home and don't sign with a team who pay her.
    In my opinion, the American players especially are very professional and give 100% with their teams.. Christa is playing only in the CL because of the Turkish league rules (3+1).

• I'm sure Vaikfbank didn't say to Sheilla "Sure, we'll pay you big money but you don't have to do anything so you don't get injured before the Olympics".

As for Guidetti keeping Sloetjes in play at all times so she could be ready for NT, it would be a classic case of a conflict of interests. If Vakifbank got kicked out of CL because Sloetjes couldn't pull the ball down and Guidetti did nothing about it, the team owners certainly wouldn't care less about how she did in Tokyo and Rio. And I'm sure he knows it.

• YOU ARE 100% RIGHT TO THE POINT.

:flower: :flower: :flower: :flower: :flower:

I'm sure Vaikfbank didn't say to Sheilla "Sure, we'll pay you big money but you don't have to do anything so you don't get injured before the Olympics".

As for Guidetti keeping Sloetjes in play at all times so she could be ready for NT, it would be a classic case of a conflict of interests. If Vakifbank got kicked out of CL because Sloetjes couldn't pull the ball down and Guidetti did nothing about it, the team owners certainly wouldn't care less about how she did in Tokyo and Rio. And I'm sure he knows it.