2016 CEV DenizBank Champions League

• Finally it's F4 time :win:

I think the Turkish match is completely unpredictable, anything can happen there. Vakifbank has better middles, Fenerbahce has Kim. The decisive factor could be (once again) Guidetti if he managed to prepare his team well enough to slow down both Kim and Mihajlovic and at the same time ensure that his own big guns perform well.

As for the 2nd semi, I'm really sorry for Pomi but I don't see any chance for them :S They need to hope that Kazan has a very bad day, but they are such a stable and experienced team that this is very unlikely. Plus, Gamova usually has a very big motivation in CL final tournaments...

• I think (and hope) we will see 5 balanced sets between Fener and Vakif, but in the end I think Fener stronger motivation will make them win. It's the first F4 they play after their last victory 4 years ago and they have the team to go for the title; I expect them to do exactly that.

Pomì can probably manage to take 1 set against Kazan, but it will be difficult to do more than that, I don't think such an experienced team will miss the big chance of playing the final.

Matthias, I like to think that Gamova has always been a bit obsessed with CL since she lost 3 finals against Foppa :lol:

• Finally it's F4 time :win:

I think the Turkish match is completely unpredictable, anything can happen there. Vakifbank has better middles, Fenerbahce has Kim. The decisive factor could be (once again) Guidetti if he managed to prepare his team well enough to slow down both Kim and Mihajlovic and at the same time ensure that his own big guns perform well.

As for the 2nd semi, I'm really sorry for Pomi but I don't see any chance for them :S They need to hope that Kazan has a very bad day, but they are such a stable and experienced team that this is very unlikely. Plus, Gamova usually has a very big motivation in CL final tournaments...

I agree.

Actually, it is a pity the final in recent years has never been between the two best teams, since the Turkish teams always play each other in semi's...I would like CEV to change their policy...

• Matthias, I like to think that Gamova has always been a bit obsessed with CL since she lost 3 finals against Foppa :lol:

She always named Olympic gold and CL gold as the biggest goals in her career. She got the CL gold after many attempts and lost finals in 2014 with Kazan, so maybe she's not as "hungry" as she used to be, but still nobody should ever underestimate her.

• Bosetti is so bad. She is not where she needs to be. She doesn't cover court and her reception is sheaky. I hope that she will improve.

• Hill vs Dietzen, Rasic vs Mihajlovic.

Hill replaced Buijs and she's putting a nice fight thus far.

• Both teams are struggling in reception :what:

• I don't understand Abbondanza, he must definitely be aware that Mihajlovic is way better in zone 4, besides, considering Lucia Bosetti's current role (second libero or receiving machine or whatsoever) and her zero contribution to attack, it wouldn't matter what position she plays.

• Fener's tactics totally backfired at them. They picked Buijs as weak spot, got her taken out much earlier than they probably expected and it looks like they're not well prepared for Hill at all, ever since Buijs is out Fenerbahce has no clue what to do :D

As I thought, Guidetti prepared his team very well for Kim's attacks, they're in the right place in block and defense all the time.

• I don't understand Abbondanza, he must definitely be aware that Mihajlovic is way better in zone 4, besides, considering Lucia Bosetti's current role (second libero or receiving machine or whatsoever) and her zero contribution to attack, it wouldn't matter what position she plays.

I agree, but to me the biggest problem is Skorupa's setting. Will she ever set a spikable ball to KYK? And most of all she's running 80% Mihajlovic. Very questionable choice. She spikes as hard as she can, so it's point or block stuff.

• Kim Hill once again appears to be fearless, I suppose she plays miles better when she plays a very important match.

• OMG what is wrong with Bosetti ?? Her reception is :S

• Guidetti is destroying Abbondanza today. Fener biggest problem KYK is the only one who can actually pass the ball, but their setting for her is terrible. She's making miracles now to kill the ball.