2016 CEV DenizBank Champions League

• the engine of fener is not kyk but mihajlovic imo loads of times she was pushing first and then kyk got motivated as well but not today they have to learn that mihajlovic can t win games on her own and mb in fener are just terrible they can t block anything

• I guess none of us did not predict that Vakifbank will win in 3 sets. :lol:

• I know receiving of Fenerbahce was not good at all but Skorupa's creativity is simply zero! How hard it is to set balanced number of balls to KYK and Mihajlovic and distribute perfect receiving to the middles as well? First 2 sets she only set to Mihajlovic, 3rd set she only sets to KYK. She reminds me Lo Bianco during her Galatasaray times badly, zero creativity.

As I expected Naz made a huge difference. Too bad she had bad connection with her middles, otherwise Vakif would finish this much earlier. Fenerbahce is playing with 2 attackers plus middles while everyone in Vakif can attack from anywhere in the court, that makes a big difference too.

A big applaud to Kim Hill and Gizem Örge :box:

• I agree. fener MB`s are very weak, while on Vakf Rasic is the not only the best MB but the best player, and Robin is also really good, she`s been really impressive.

I think if Vakf wins the final, Rasic should be MVP

the engine of fener is not kyk but mihajlovic imo loads of times she was pushing first and then kyk got motivated as well but not today they have to learn that mihajlovic can t win games on her own and mb in fener are just terrible they can t block anything

• Most of Vakifbank's win didn't happen today on court but in their preparations for this match. They were excellently prepared, had a plan B in case Buijs gets targeted, kept Kim very quiet, kept Mihajlovic quiet enough too.

Fenerbahce, on the other hand.... :down:
    It started with their season plannings. Why do you transfer Mihajlovic as OPP? She'll get the job as OH done very well as she has shown many times in NT. Bosetti, enough has been said, but the actual problem is that they have no backup for her as well.
    Today's problem was Abbondanza, apparently the only plan he had was to get points from Buijs, but he had no clue what to do once she was gone. Serving to Gizem gave them no advantage whatsoever, they couldn't keep any attacker from Vakifbank quiet, and they had no reasonable game plan for their own attacking. Two sets all balls to Mihajlovic, then for a period all balls to Kim, then for a period all balls to Harmotto ?(

If Fenerbahce plays like this tomorrow, they have a good chance to finish 4th :!:

• I didn't expect Vakif to win in three sets but they totally deserved the win, starting from the serve (Gizem Karadayi played awful too, while Gizem Orge was really good), then they controlled Kim really well. The attack worked well too, Hill should be a starter, she'sin better shape than Bujis. Every player contributed in attack, as Naz set well to all of them thanks to a great reception.
    Iexpected a longer and tighter match and maybe some mistakes less.. anyway Congrats to them!

• Fener is better investing less for the players and more for the coach. VakifBank was the shadow of Eczacibasi in Turkey, then they signed Guidetti and he made them a volleyball powerhouse, just like he's doing with Netherlands now. I'm not just talking about the coaching, but everything else. He brought mentality. The club knows hot to move. Their trasnfers policy is always a step over the other clubs. They look very different from most of the turkish teams, which change most of the team season by season. They have a big stability. And about the way he makes his teams play there's nothing to say.

:obey: Giovanni Guidetti.

• Abbandonza-Skorupa ; ticket to misery.
    Nothing to add :!:

Yes, of course, it's only her fault that Bosetti didn't exist and Gizem's reception was awful... she should pass and then set.... :aww: It was one of the worst match by Skorupa, but it isn't only her fault :!: All of them were worse prepared than girls from Vakifbank and that's all.

• Most of Vakifbank's win didn't happen today on court but in their preparations for this match. They were excellently prepared, had a plan B in case Buijs gets targeted, kept Kim very quiet, kept Mihajlovic quiet enough too.

Fenerbahce, on the other hand.... :down:
    It started with their season plannings. Why do you transfer Mihajlovic as OPP? She'll get the job as OH done very well as she has shown many times in NT. Bosetti, enough has been said, but the actual problem is that they have no backup for her as well.
    Today's problem was Abbondanza, apparently the only plan he had was to get points from Buijs, but he had no clue what to do once she was gone. Serving to Gizem gave them no advantage whatsoever, they couldn't keep any attacker from Vakifbank quiet, and they had no reasonable game plan for their own attacking. Two sets all balls to Mihajlovic, then for a period all balls to Kim, then for a period all balls to Harmotto ?(

If Fenerbahce plays like this tomorrow, they have a good chance to finish 4th :!:

Abbondanza is not brave at all. Why not try KYK-Mihajlovic duo as OHs and Polen as OPP? Receiving is bad anyway, with 3 reasonable wing attackers, life would not be worse.

Btw, we talk about Fener's receiving but I would turn it around and claim, Vakif did indeed serve very well today.

• Kim Hill a starter? I guess this is the only match u have wached the whole season... She has been playing really bad the whole season, Today was the first time she`s played good.

I didn't expect Vakif to win in three sets but they totally deserved the win, starting from the serve (Gizem Karadayi played awful too, while Gizem Orge was really good), then they controlled Kim really well. The attack worked well too, Hill should be a starter, she'sin better shape than Bujis. Every player contributed in attack, as Naz set well to all of them thanks to a great reception.
    Iexpected a longer and tighter match and maybe some mistakes less.. anyway Congrats to them!

• I think Hill should be starter tomorrow thanks to her outstanding performance today. She was really bad through whole season but what matters is that she was good today and the final is tomorrow ;) Plus she plays miles better when playing an important match.

• If I good saw in 2nd set was Fener-Vakif 18-11 and later 22-25 which gives +4 - +14.

I hope Kim will leave Turkey and will come to Moscow, Krasnodar or Kazan to play with Gamova.

• Abbondanza is not brave at all. Why not try KYK-Mihajlovic duo as OHs and Polen as OPP? Receiving is bad anyway, with 3 reasonable wing attackers, life would not be worse.

Btw, we talk about Fener's receiving but I would turn it around and claim, Vakif did indeed serve very well today.

I agree on that option. I also thought about it, and I think if Fener took the 3rd we as well might have seen that

• I agree on that option. I also thought about it, and I think if Fener took the 3rd we as well might have seen that

I suppose everybody who has some clue about volleyball would have Fener play with KYK-Mihajlovic-Polen, it's not like today was Bosetti's first bad match. But Abbondanza seems completely reluctant to try it. That's where I wonder if Fener's management has a say in it, like "we bought her as OPP, so use her as OPP"...the alternative explanation remains Abbondanza being blind/stupid/whatever :whistle: