2016 CEV DenizBank Champions League

• I repeat Seria A is very strong this year. And Pomi today and Imoco against Eczacibasi showed that legaue is on high level.

• I repeat Seria A is very strong this year. And Pomi today and Imoco against Eczacibasi showed that legaue is on high level.

No. There are 2 high level teams (Conegliano and Casalmaggiore) and few good teams like Piacenza, Novara and so on.

• Borodakova and Vasileva, interviewed after the match about Gamova and Startseva's absence, said "Don't ask me about this". Plus, Del Core said that nobody knows where they are, they had lunch with the team and then disappear. The team is floored and expects explanations.

• Sport is peaceful competition under equal conditions. Doping destroys competition and sport.
    Why holland did not win Europe championship this year. Why belgium will not win Europe championship next year.
    especially, dictatorships are using sports to politics.
    athletes uses doping under state surveillance.
    if you like sport, you must say "No doping in sport".
    if you like dirty politics, you must say "Yes doping-vitamin-cafein-heart drug in sport".

• Someone needs to spill the tea on this. :cheesy:

This F4 is so boring. The only good thing about this Kazan vs. Casalmaggiore match was Sirressi.

• Sport is peaceful competition under equal conditions. Doping destroys competition and sport.
    Why holland did not win Europe championship this year. Why belgium will not win Europe championship next year.
    if you like dirty politics, you must say "Yes doping-vitamin-cafein-heart drug in sport".

I agree, but what is doping and what is not. What is the line? We take coffee daily to stay awake, to improve ourselves, why shouldnt athletes? We cant take them as machines as well, they need help to endure at some level. And they also get sick and tired....so how would they survive the calendar we demand from them?
    Its important to not be hypocrite and see the human side as well. So Its a much more complex discussion I think.

I think sometimes people treat athletes caugh in doping as they were murderers or something. Of course I want a clean sport, but that are different cases of dopings (and politic involved) its not a simple formula.

I agree !

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/…rtspeople_in_doping_cases

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/olymp…nded-for-doping-1.1379647

• I don`t think is sad. What happend is that a lot of leagues got stronger such as Turkey, Russia, Arzebaijan and so on, before all the best were in Italy only, now they are all over the world which is GREAT.

Yes, of course, but still very far from the best days of italian volleyball, which is sad.

• During the technical meeting yesterday was announced that the doping tests in F4 will be blood tests, not urine tests (source).
    My medical knowledge about this stuff is zero, maybe someone else can tell what consequences this brings and if/how it could be related to Kazan's absences.

• During the technical meeting yesterday was announced that the doping tests in F4 will be blood tests, not urine tests (source).
    My medical knowledge about this stuff is zero, maybe someone else can tell what consequences this brings and if/how it could be related to Kazan's absences.

"Blood doping is the practice of boosting the number of red blood cells in the bloodstream in order to enhance athletic performance. Because such blood cells carry oxygen from the lungs to the muscles, a higher concentration in the blood can improve an athlete’s aerobic capacity (VO2 max) and endurance.[1] Many methods of blood doping are illegal, particularly in professional sports."

I think this type of doping ( have you ever heard of EPO in cyclism?) is difficult to detect through urine test.

• No. There are 2 high level teams (Conegliano and Casalmaggiore) and few good teams like Piacenza, Novara and so on.

But all other team are on good levels. You will never see in Turkey or Russia that weakest team in league beat a winner of regular season. All matches are interesting.

• Meldonium is excreted in the urine largely unchanged so it makes urine testing a valid monitor presence of meldonium.
    There isn't a single reliable study that shows benefical effects of meldonium on athletic performances. This is why I can't understand how WADA has declared it a banned substance based on its possible( not proven) effects.