2016 CEV DenizBank Champions League

• Kim Hill a starter? I guess this is the only match u have wached the whole season... She has been playing really bad the whole season, Today was the first time she`s played good.

I mean that to me Hill should be a starter as she looks in a better shape than Buijs.. I know she performed badly through out the season (I've watched some games of the league and also of CL!!) but if we consider the momentum and her performance today, she should be in starting six, even though Bujis has been starter for most of the season.

• Congrats to Casalmaggiore, it wasn't expected such a clear victory even though Kazan couldn't play with Startseva and Gamova.. such a big mistery, I'm really curious to know what happened. Tonight Iliked Lloyd, she had a great variety with her sets letting all of her spikers attack well! Picci is still amazing, good balance in reception and defense and she still gets her work done pretty well in attack (unlike Bosetti, she was awful today). My MVP is Sirressi, such a great libero, nothing to say! Her defenses all over the field were amazing, she should be really considered for the NT.

Tomorrow it will be a great battle, I'm really looking forward for it! :box:

• Kim Hill as she reprises her inner MVP for one more match and takes home another MVP burnishing her big game credentials in an otherwise season of mediocrity and thereby gains another season with Vakifbank to play as a backup to Gozde and Zhu Ting whilst Bujis moves on to the Italian league to tighten up her reception under less pressure packed circumstances.

• The enjoyment of this sport and many others is being destroyed by the USA. Just cause the USA is at war with Russia doesn't mean I have to be screwed over just because Americans are such sore losers.

Its clear that WADA and most international sporting bodies act as proxies for the USA. Much like the EU acts as a proxy for the USA. That is why the ENTIRE Russian Athletics Federation is currently banned. We can look forward to the main blue ribbon event in Rio being the men's 100m where there will be no Russian competitors (none would make the final even without the ban) and most likely two American convicted cheats lining up in the final. "No doping in sport", if only. Very much a political statement, not a moral one.

If Russia is suppose to be this "Mafia state" the Americans keep talking about then when is the blow back about to happen, when do the figurative American bodies start floating down the river?

• Sirressi was amazing, I'd be mad in case she doesn't get a call from Bonitta. Her passion also encourages her teammates.

Piccinini and Del core, what to say, they are showing that age never matters in volleyball as long as you have outstanding basic skills. I really hope both of them make it to Rio.

I presume it's going to be a rough match for Pomi against Vakifbank, however I want them to win and fingers crossed for them! Andiamo ragazze!

• and here goes another comment full of rhetoric and senseless. Stop blaming the U.S. of your own problems. :down:

The enjoyment of this sport and many others is being destroyed by the USA. Just cause the USA is at war with Russia doesn't mean I have to be screwed over just because Americans are such sore losers.

Its clear that WADA and most international sporting bodies act as proxies for the USA. Much like the EU acts as a proxy for the USA. That is why the ENTIRE Russian Athletics Federation is currently banned. We can look forward to the main blue ribbon event in Rio being the men's 100m where there will be no Russian competitors (none would make the final even without the ban) and most likely two American convicted cheats lining up in the final. "No doping in sport", if only. Very much a political statement, not a moral one.

If Russia is suppose to be this "Mafia state" the Americans keep talking about then when is the blow back about to happen, when do the figurative American bodies start floating down the river?

• The enjoyment of this sport and many others is being destroyed by the USA. Just cause the USA is at war with Russia doesn't mean I have to be screwed over just because Americans are such sore losers.

everything u wrote i agree,americans are such sore losers and they mix politics into sports every time,they want to make decisions for others even thought it has nothing to do with their country and i for one am getting sick of it as are loads of others and funny part is they say they are against doping but then americans athlethes are not checked for doping from world control but american ones, some athlethes had conscious and admited cheating after like 10 years or something ago and what happened nothing they didnt even return the medals when russians or someone other non western countries do it they take everything away from them so if that isnt rasicm i don t know what is,and they talk about it in the news for 3 months if western countries do it it is barely mentioned and then they make a show like he/she suffered from this and that she didnt know it was prohibited bla bla they allways find excusses and i think that is why the world is so sick and tired of their bull.If u want equality then start treating people the same

• I admit that it is somewhat odd that two of the most important players were out of yesterday's game but the claims that doping is the reason is also not that convincing.
    Several points to the subject:
    - Do the share a room at away games (I think they warm up together so not unlikely)? Might be a reason why only they were sick
    - Why would only those two use doping? Startseva has a shot at the NT too. I would expect that the whole team sees the same doctor(s) and would use more or less same "products"
    - Why just now? The players get tested in Russia (since Russia Anti-Doping Agency is suspended it is done by foreigners i.e. I think british anti doping) and probably also on other CEV away events (CL, Olympic Qualification in Ankara).
    - If they used meldonium they should have stopped after Sharapova's announcement (March, 7th). The drug should be out of the system by now (and they would have probably missed the Piacenza game...).
    - In general, doping use in volleyball makes less sense than in other sports. Strength and endurance are not as important as in other sports (running, cycling, swimming, weight lifting, soccer etc.). Volleyball is in that sense similar to tennis where we do not see many doping cases (could also be a problem with testing though...). The main benefits would be high concentration (there are some legal options: e.g. coffein, nikotin. Gamova used smelling salts) over a long period of time and regeneration.

• Sirressi was amazing, I'd be mad in case she doesn't get a call from Bonitta. Her passion also encourages her teammates.

Piccinini and Del core, what to say, they are showing that age never matters in volleyball as long as you have outstanding basic skills. I really hope both of them make it to Rio.

I presume it's going to be a rough match for Pomi against Vakifbank, however I want them to win and fingers crossed for them! Andiamo ragazze!

True !
    Finally it's Imma the new Cardullo :box:

• - In general, doping use in volleyball makes less sense than in other sports. Strength and endurance are not as important as in other sports (running, cycling, swimming, weight lifting, soccer etc.). Volleyball is in that sense similar to tennis where we do not see many doping cases (could also be a problem with testing though...). The main benefits would be high concentration (there are some legal options: e.g. coffein, nikotin. Gamova used smelling salts) over a long period of time and regeneration.

This last point doesn't match according to me.
    All sportsmen and sportswomen say that doping is useless in THEIR sport.
    But some volleyball players have been catched ...
    ... For Startseva and Gamova, of course I hope it's not a story like that.

• Gamova and Startseva are in the roster on CEV site again today, but it doesn't have to mean anything because they were there too yesterday. Any news about the story from Russia?

What makes it so mysterious is that it's Kazan themselves making such a big fuss about it, their own players saying they knew nothing about it and not answering questions...if it were as simple as Gamova and Startseva being sick, why wouldn't they just say it?

BTW, it seems Gamova and Startseva travelled to Italy alone, Gamova posted a pic of them two arriving on her FB site a few days ago and there is nobody else to be seen there...

• i think the main reason for those 2 not playing is a quarrel inside dinamo kazan team and not doping allegations but we will se once the final 4 is over what is the real cause of it

You shouldn`t point the finger on other nations, your problems are to big.

Remember... Swimming World Championchips Kazan 2015 - Yuliya Yefimova- dug taker - got suspended in 2014, but suddenly her punishment got reduced, that she could taking part at the Home World Champs in Kazan. Why? Because Russia had a lot of influnced in the decisions by the FINA.
    Now, in March, Yuliya Yefimova was caught again by taking Meldonium.... This Girl is a bit stupid, but that`s another Point

Look in all the IAAF-Cases about Russian Athlets, who have taken drugs for years, and wasn`t caught by the Russian Doping Angency . and if they were caught by any foreign Doping Agency, Money could solve the Problem, cause Russian Officails had good connection in the Federation.

If Gamova or Startseva have taken sth, we don`t know, but it is urious, that both don`t play in the most imposrtant Game of the year. If it was food poisoning, why only at both - only at the Best PLayers??? It is to curious, especially after the Case with Gazprom-Yugra, who didn`t play without 4 of their best Player against Berlin at home (incl. a curious explanation by the Coach). Actually, one have to be stupid to take sth in this times, but Yulia Yefimova was also stupid (again).

And that the English Doping Agency is now controlling the Russian Athlets, it doesn`t sounds good, cause we have heard last week, that this Agency is not trustworthy

• are they kidding me with these shirt colors?

• Different line-ups for both teams... Fener with Dicle and Meliha instead of Christa and Lucia and Kazan with Malkova and Nikolaeva instead of Borodakova and Vasileva

• Quoted from "Emurock"

The enjoyment of this sport and many others is being destroyed by the USA. Just cause the USA is at war with Russia doesn't mean I have to be screwed over just because Americans are such sore losers.

Couldn't be more agree with you ...

You shouldn`t point the finger on other nations, your problems are to big.

Remember... Swimming World Championchips Kazan 2015 - Yuliya Yefimova- dug taker - got suspended in 2014, but suddenly her punishment got reduced, that she could taking part at the Home World Champs in Kazan. Why? Because Russia had a lot of influnced in the decisions by the FINA.
    Now, in March, Yuliya Yefimova was caught again by taking Meldonium.... This Girl is a bit stupid, but that`s another Point

Look in all the IAAF-Cases about Russian Athlets, who have taken drugs for years, and wasn`t caught by the Russian Doping Angency . and if they were caught by any foreign Doping Agency, Money could solve the Problem, cause Russian Officails had good connection in the Federation.

If Gamova or Startseva have taken sth, we don`t know, but it is urious, that both don`t play in the most imposrtant Game of the year. If it was food poisoning, why only at both - only at the Best PLayers??? It is to curious, especially after the Case with Gazprom-Yugra, who didn`t play without 4 of their best Player against Berlin at home (incl. a curious explanation by the Coach). Actually, one have to be stupid to take sth in this times, but Yulia Yefimova was also stupid (again).

And that the English Doping Agency is now controlling the Russian Athlets, it doesn`t sounds good, cause we have heard last week, that this Agency is not trustworthy