2016 CEV DenizBank Champions League

• I don't get the point of playing 3th place finals. :S

Both teams rather being elsewhere.

Exactly. It's not like you get a medal. There are only 4 teams. No one cares.

The problem this year is that Kazan clearly has no business playing the F4 with this squad. And when there are only 4 teams, it cleary shows and affects the quality of entire competition. There are a bunch of teams who would have made a better impression and brought more excitement, like Volero, Moscow, Eczacibasi, Piacenza and so on.

• What an immature mistake by Kuzyakina... That simply doesn't belong to CL F4's level, does it? :hit:

I hope either team beats the other, then we will see the gold medal match sooner.

• Exactly. It's not like you get a medal. There are only 4 teams. No one cares.

The problem this year is that Kazan clearly has no business playing the F4 with this squad. And when there are only 4 teams, it cleary shows and affects the quality of entire competition. There are a bunch of teams who would have made a better impression and brought more excitement, like Volero, Moscow, Eczacibasi, Piacenza and so on.

this

• i think they should do some changes for next year think video challenge should be implemented in every match and teams should fight for final 4 spots and not getting a chance to organize a final 4 if they finish 1 i think last 8 should play all against all it would make tournament a lot of interesting and finals 4 would be way more balance as well

• Jesus wept, Skorupa really looks lost on court, she should thank Kazan players, otherwise her time might have lost already...

• Poor poor game, Kazan's absences affected the entire final four. I'm really really sorry for Del Core, her last appearance in Champions League wasted this way...Pity for the entire team, they look lost and without any chemistry. Matinee is awful, I really wonder how she could even have achieved a call for the NT.

Good game for Polen and Eda: I think that should have been used much more in the semifinal, at least tried in the first set! Well that's past, congrats to Fenerbahce for grabbing the third place.

• I find it so boring when a team simply ignores its middle attackers

• She used to play for Belarus NT before becoming a Russian citizen. As long as Goncharova plays for Russia, Hendzel has no chance to be in RUS NT...

She could have chosen for Poland in stead (closer to Belarus geographically and more chances to play). Pity. Last time when she was interviewed she said that Russia has good MBs, thus she isn't badly needed but I still think she will be useful, though as you mentioned there's no chance unless Goncharova refuses to play for NT.

• She used to play for Belarus NT before becoming a Russian citizen. As long as Goncharova plays for Russia, Hendzel has no chance to be in RUS NT...

She got polish citizenship in 2009 or even earlier. She played in polish league as polish player.

• vakifbank with 4-5 servring erros in 15 points rofl